So I received this email this morning

Everything about the Wii and its games...

So I received this email this morning

Postby jlatimer11 » 16 Nov 2012 12:37

After calling the local TRU where I preordered.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for shopping at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us!

We wanted to inform you that we have not yet received inventory on your Wii U Black Deluxe Set Hardwar pre-order which was expected in-store on November 18th, 2012. We will send you a follow-up email once this item is available and ready for pickup.

So I'm not sure if that means they haven't gotten delivery of the systems as of 11:00am today or MY specific preorder has been delayed.
jlatimer11
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: jlatimer11
3DS: 1891-1333-7003
PSN: jlatimer11
XBL: jmlat

Re: So I received this email this morning

Postby MichaelVash7886 » 16 Nov 2012 12:48

I think that would probably be more than just yours.
MichaelVash7886
Goomba
Goomba

Postby RD3AV5 » 16 Nov 2012 13:08

I HATE seeing this. We warned people back in september NOT to pre order from Toys R Us because they are the biggest scam when it comes to pre ordering. (viewtopic.php?t=93238)
Not only are they unhelpful but they are also quite rude when THEY screwed up pre orders. I really hope they can get you a Wii U and hold up their end of the deal for launch. But in my multiple experiences they are horrific. STAY AWAY FROM TOYS R US ONLINE PRE-ORDERING.
RD3AV5
Flicky
Flicky

Postby jlatimer11 » 16 Nov 2012 13:14

RD3AV5 wrote:I HATE seeing this. We warned people back in september NOT to pre order from Toys R Us because they are the biggest scam when it comes to pre ordering. (viewtopic.php?t=93238)
Not only are they unhelpful but they are also quite rude when THEY screwed up pre orders. I really hope they can get you a Wii U and hold up their end of the deal for launch. But in my multiple experiences they are horrific. STAY AWAY FROM TOYS R US ONLINE PRE-ORDERING.

Wish I would have seen it sooner.

We were at a Toys R Us on 9/16 and I figured I'd see if they had preorders still opened. They were and I got one.

Figures.
jlatimer11
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby RD3AV5 » 16 Nov 2012 13:32

jlatimer11 wrote:
RD3AV5 wrote:I HATE seeing this. We warned people back in september NOT to pre order from Toys R Us because they are the biggest scam when it comes to pre ordering. (viewtopic.php?t=93238)

Wish I would have seen it sooner.

We were at a Toys R Us on 9/16 and I figured I'd see if they had preorders still opened. They were and I got one.

Figures.

None of this is your fault. It's the fault of a company that doesn't own up to its mistakes. And all is not lost. They may yet get more units and you might get it in time. Let's hope.
RD3AV5
Flicky
Flicky

Postby CorusFace » 16 Nov 2012 13:58

this breaks my heart, friend. toys r us is terrible when it comes to preordering, and i feel awful that you had to learn it the hard way with the wii u, of all things. i hope it all gets situated and works out for you!
CorusFace
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby jlatimer11 » 16 Nov 2012 14:02

CorusFace wrote:this breaks my heart, friend. toys r us is terrible when it comes to preordering, and i feel awful that you had to learn it the hard way with the wii u, of all things. i hope it all gets situated and works out for you!

Thanks... and I'm sure I'll get my console eventually.

EDIT: This is most assuredly a TRU thing, NOT my local one. Seeing my exact email on Twitter and other forums now.
jlatimer11
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Return to WiiU / Wii