Timesplitters HD Collection might happen, 300k to start

Discussion not specific to any of the platforms (which have their own forums).

Timesplitters HD Collection might happen, 300k to start

Postby Motoki » 17 Nov 2012 11:27

The interview with Crytek's CEO, Cevat Yerli on reedit http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments ... l_release/

I’m sure you get this question a lot, but is Timesplitters a franchise still very beloved at Crytek? A lot of people hope you’ll eventually return to it. Can you speak to that at all?

There is actually a petition running online trying to bring the fan base together. But unfortunately the petition doesn’t look that convincing unfortunately. If the petition picks up it will be an even better argument for us. At a personal level, I’m a big fan of Timesplitters 2. For me, I would love to see the game out there, as a newborn HD version or what not. I definitely would love to see it. But the case of turning this into a business decision is still difficult, despite the fact that there was a Twitter request feed to test the waters. And now the petition, it just seems to be as we expected, as it was when it was Free Radical.

There’s a very hardcore market that is very verbal about it. I would love to see this, and if the fan base approves a further petition. They’re trying to call 300,000 voices, I think it’s at two or three thousand right now. If they could get the petition together I would be very happy to put in front of decision makers in the company, the key stakeholders, and say “Look here. This is how it is, let’s make it now.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... ageIndex=2

The petition:
https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ ... collection

239,639 NEEDED, spread to gaming sites-forums, FB, and Twitter.

Don't seat there reading this thinking petitions don't work. This is only partly about the petitions. Don't be that hardcore crowd that is verbal yet can't even get a simple petition to 300k, if the TS fanbase can't even get 300k signs on an online petition then what company in their right mind would ever fund anything related to the franchise. Post the links and quote and tell others, call it a day while you wait. I'm a big fan of the series like many of you and this guy means well so give him some ammo to fight with and don't be a monkey.

I will update when we hit 100k, 200k, and 300k. TS fans this is our chance to respond.
Last edited by Motoki on 18 Nov 2012 15:42, edited 2 times in total.
Motoki
Fairy
Fairy

Re: Timesplitters HD Collection might happen, 300k to start

Postby BowsersLoveChild » 13 Dec 2012 07:54

Wii U is not mentioned ONCE. Not signed.
Bowser-Is-My-Father on IGN & Nintendo Enthusiast
Nintendo Original since 1984
Loving the Wii U, IGNoring the haters
BowsersLoveChild
Fairy
Fairy

Postby SigmaBen » 13 Dec 2012 18:58

BowsersLoveChild wrote:Wii U is not mentioned ONCE. Not signed.

Unfortunately also why I will withdraw support. Not a fan of the Xbox analogue sticks they feel odd so I wouldnt want to play it on that and I don't have a PS3 so meh. I dislike the PS3 controllers too though analogue sticks again, they're positioned just terribly.
http://sigmanine.net is my website :)
SigmaBen
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: SigmaBen

Postby Reynard » 13 Dec 2012 19:43

No Wii U, no cares given.
Reynard
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: Reynard_Fox
3DS: 2277-6695-2597
XBL: Reynard-Foxx

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 13 Dec 2012 19:58

Why sign when it won't come to the Wii U? :|
Innovation is a funny thing in gaming... Do too much and you alienate fans of the genre, but don't do enough and you're blamed for making the same ol' game.Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
Wii: 3983-9278-9384-2345
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby cortjezter » 13 Dec 2012 22:53

put this in the proper forum, since there's apparently no connection to wii/wii u (where this thread was started).

also, motoki, careful about the double, triple, and quadruple posting. thread cleaned.
cortjezter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam ID: cortjezter
Wii: 4659 4316 9119 3027
PSN: cortjezter
XBL: cortjezter

Postby thresholdXCI » 14 Dec 2012 11:18

Would love to have the chance to play these in HD collection. PS3 would be perfect. Signed.
thresholdXCI
Site Mod
Site Mod

Wii: 4073 2409 9869 0324
PSN: jw_XCI

Return to General Gaming