Batman Arkham City impressions?

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Batman Arkham City impressions?

Postby Hylianhero777 » 19 Nov 2012 16:54

I would like to know if anyone WHO HAS PURCHASED the game can tell me in specifics what has been improved and what has been made worse, because I am trying to decide if it is worth a buy. I really wanted to get Arkham city when it came out for 360 but since I only buy Nintendo I waited for this, however I have heard complaints about framerate and textures and wanted to be sure that I can still enjoy it. Also, does anyone think the game can/will be patched to fix some framrate issues and the texture problem? Thanks.
Heck yeah ZELDA!
Hylianhero777
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: Hylianhero777

Re: Batman Arkham City impressions?

Postby Hylianhero777 » 19 Nov 2012 19:01

Anyone? Sorry for the bump.
Heck yeah ZELDA!
Hylianhero777
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Kama » 20 Nov 2012 15:55

Well I didn't buy the game, but a friend of mine did and I saw quite a bit of the game in action. I'd have to say it's a bit of a mixed bag. I have the game on 360, and there were things that I liked better on Wii U and things that I prefer my 360 version for. The graphics, to me, weren't all that different. Implementing the gamepad is well done, and even having beat the game already it did add enough to make me want to play through it again. There were spots when the Wii U version had some texture issues. Being close up on certain buildings lacked detail that's present in the 360 version. As far as framerate, nothing really noticeable to me that ruined the experience. I haven't played through the entire game on Wii U but if you don't have it already for another system, then I say it is a fun experience. I don't know about $60 worth but you do atleast get the dlc right off the bat so that could warrant the price tag a bit more i guess.
I WANT MY NON-SPECIFIC ACTION GAME!!11!1
Kama
Flicky
Flicky

Postby Hylianhero777 » 20 Nov 2012 17:00

Kama wrote:Well I didn't buy the game, but a friend of mine did and I saw quite a bit of the game in action. I'd have to say it's a bit of a mixed bag. I have the game on 360, and there were things that I liked better on Wii U and things that I prefer my 360 version for. The graphics, to me, weren't all that different. Implementing the gamepad is well done, and even having beat the game already it did add enough to make me want to play through it again. There were spots when the Wii U version had some texture issues. Being close up on certain buildings lacked detail that's present in the 360 version. As far as framerate, nothing really noticeable to me that ruined the experience. I haven't played through the entire game on Wii U but if you don't have it already for another system, then I say it is a fun experience. I don't know about $60 worth but you do atleast get the dlc right off the bat so that could warrant the price tag a bit more i guess.

Thanks! Between this and the comments I got on miiverse I think I will be picking it up. I haven't owned the game on other consoles before.
Heck yeah ZELDA!
Hylianhero777
Goomba
Goomba

Postby MoldyClay » 22 Nov 2012 09:28

Not that you have to, but I'd suggest watching the cutscenes from Arkham Asylum (the first game) to get an idea of where this game is continuing from, though.

Not a whole lot is important, but it explains the condition that the Joker is in.
MoldyClay
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Return to WiiU / Wii