Wii games at 1080p

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Re: DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL SEE "HD RE-RELEASES"?

Postby BlueRangerVegeta » 24 Sep 2012 20:51

I can't believe so many of you would buy HD rereleases. We shouldn't even be having this discussion, the WiiU should be capable of up scaling Wii games. Why should I pay a premium to rebuy games I've already played and beaten?
Image

PM me to add me to WiiU, PSN, Steam, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!
User avatar
BlueRangerVegeta
Chocobo
Chocobo
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 21 Mar 2011 21:25
Location: USA
3DS: 0430-8288-0846
PSN: Rcerboss

Re: DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL SEE "HD RE-RELEASES"?

Postby CrispyGoomba » 24 Sep 2012 22:38

BlueRangerVegeta wrote:I can't believe so many of you would buy HD rereleases. We shouldn't even be having this discussion, the WiiU should be capable of up scaling Wii games. Why should I pay a premium to rebuy games I've already played and beaten?


Well in my defense, I would only buy them if there was more content added. But lets say there is a Super Mario 64 HD coming out, I would buy it just for nostalgic sake. I guess it just really depends on the game.
User avatar
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
 
Posts: 422
Joined: 11 Aug 2011 02:41
Location: Arkansas
NN ID: CrispyGoomba
3DS: 0688-5315-1722
Wii: 1198-2138-8210-1532
XBL: CrispyGoomba

Re: DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL SEE "HD RE-RELEASES"?

Postby Reynard » 25 Sep 2012 04:10

BlueRangerVegeta wrote:I can't believe so many of you would buy HD rereleases. We shouldn't even be having this discussion, the WiiU should be capable of up scaling Wii games. Why should I pay a premium to rebuy games I've already played and beaten?


It does upscale... upscale means to stretch the original image to fit a higher resolution, what you mean is "re-render" in a higher resolution, and doing that is not as easy as you seem to think it is.

If it's basicaly wii-on-a-chip compatibility, then it's bound by the original hardware, If it's done by emulation, the system is unlikely to be powerful enough to handle the games in anything but standard def, go look at the requirements to get Gamecube/Wii games running, at unbroken full speed on a PC. This is made even more complicated if the U's architecture deviates significantly to the Wii's.
User avatar
Reynard
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant
 
Posts: 230
Joined: 31 Dec 2009 03:37
Location: South Australia
NN ID: Reynard_Fox
3DS: 2277-6695-2597
XBL: Reynard-Foxx

Re: DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL SEE "HD RE-RELEASES"?

Postby MrAwesome23 » 25 Sep 2012 09:23

Reynard wrote:
BlueRangerVegeta wrote:I can't believe so many of you would buy HD rereleases. We shouldn't even be having this discussion, the WiiU should be capable of up scaling Wii games. Why should I pay a premium to rebuy games I've already played and beaten?


It does upscale... upscale means to stretch the original image to fit a higher resolution, what you mean is "re-render" in a higher resolution, and doing that is not as easy as you seem to think it is.

If it's basicaly wii-on-a-chip compatibility, then it's bound by the original hardware, If it's done by emulation, the system is unlikely to be powerful enough to handle the games in anything but standard def, go look at the requirements to get Gamecube/Wii games running, at unbroken full speed on a PC. This is made even more complicated if the U's architecture deviates significantly to the Wii's.


No, I don't believe it upscales unlike PS3/360 games it will only output older titles at their native 480p. If it were to upscale as you say, it'd do just that, bump it up to another resolution without re-rendering the image but the Wii U doesn't even do that.

Still, people are confusing stretching something out and creating a somewhat clearer image with seeing Mario Galaxy in Full HD with all those jaggies gone, beautiful eye-popping colors, and a high steady framerate (not like it didn't have it before). I love HD re-releases it keeps the classics just as good as I remember them without my TV taking a dump on them.

With that said, if they don't do them 480p will be fine for me. Unlike a lot of people 480p looks splendid to me.

All those who want it upscaled? Congratulations, your TV does that for you. The process is done. If you want, plug it into something like a blu-ray player and it'll likely also upscale it. Once I had my HDMI running through my 360 I noticed that certain games began to look a bit better through the sound system/blu-ray player's upscaling process. Done and done.
MrAwesome23
Goomba
Goomba
 
Posts: 11
Joined: 24 Jun 2012 08:58

Re: Will we see HD re-releases?

Postby KingBroly » 25 Sep 2012 10:29

Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2 HD
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD (with original sequence breaks added back in)
The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker + Twilight Princess + Skyward Sword HD
Xenoblade Chronicles HD

That's all I need.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
User avatar
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod
 
Posts: 5488
Joined: 12 Apr 2007 00:41
Location: North Carolina
NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Re: DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL SEE "HD RE-RELEASES"?

Postby MoldyClay » 25 Sep 2012 11:44

BlueRangerVegeta wrote:I can't believe so many of you would buy HD rereleases. We shouldn't even be having this discussion, the WiiU should be capable of up scaling Wii games. Why should I pay a premium to rebuy games I've already played and beaten?


The topic is "Will we see HD re-releases?" not "Would you buy them?"

I, for example, said I wouldn't. There's no reason to. Unless it was a game I never owned in the first place, or if it was a collection that had games I didn't own in the first place. The only way I would repurchase a game is if they added stuff or there was some kind of benefit (for example, I sold RE4 on Gamecube and got the Wii version for the PS2 extras and the new control scheme). OR if it was an older game that my laziness outweighs my logic (buying an HD version instead of hooking up an N64).

I'd never pay more than $10-$15 for an HD game I already owned, and again, there'd have to be multiple good reasons for me to buy it.

Having said that, this is the same site where some people gladly own Super Mario Bros. on NES, All-Stars on SNES, Deluxe on Gameboy, bought it on Virtual Console, got All-Stars Special Edition and then got Super Mario Bros. again on 3DS, on the account "it's a classic" to justify rebuying the same game 6 times and would probably buy it again if there was a Wii U VC version that could be played on the GamePad.
User avatar
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu
 
Posts: 3153
Joined: 25 Feb 2008 04:34
Location: NJ
NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Re: Will we see HD re-releases?

Postby zyxion1 » 25 Sep 2012 12:00

Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Killer Instinct Gold, Crazy Taxi, Mario Kart D.D, Phantasy Star Online?? shut up and take my money!
Non Specific Action Figure is my HERO!
User avatar
zyxion1
Flicky
Flicky
 
Posts: 54
Joined: 21 Feb 2012 15:14
3DS: 2019-9664-4648
Wii: 8339-2401-8307-3297

Re: Will we see HD re-releases?

Postby MoldyClay » 25 Sep 2012 14:01

zyxion1 wrote:Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Killer Instinct Gold, Crazy Taxi, Mario Kart D.D, Phantasy Star Online?? shut up and take my money!


Killer Instinct Gold is now owned by Microsoft (who recently renewed the license for the series, if I am not mistaken).

And Crazy Taxi is already out in 'HD' on XBLA/PSN. Can't remember what's become of Phantasy Star.
User avatar
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu
 
Posts: 3153
Joined: 25 Feb 2008 04:34
Location: NJ
NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Re: Will we see HD re-releases?

Postby Devil_Rising » 26 Sep 2012 04:25

MoldyClay wrote:
zyxion1 wrote:Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Killer Instinct Gold, Crazy Taxi, Mario Kart D.D, Phantasy Star Online?? shut up and take my money!


Killer Instinct Gold is now owned by Microsoft (who recently renewed the license for the series, if I am not mistaken).

And Crazy Taxi is already out in 'HD' on XBLA/PSN. Can't remember what's become of Phantasy Star.



Where did you hear that, because I have literally never heard any indication whatsoever of Nintendo NOT owning the at least half the rights to KI. Otherwise, you have to think Rare would have tried to make a new one by now. I'm fairly certain that KI has and always will be a Nintendo owned franchise, or at least as I said, split rights. But considering they published the only KI games to ever exist, that would point very strongly to them owning it. The only franchises Rare took with them in the sale, were ones that had released past the point where they had begun to publish games on their own on N64 (Banjo, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, Conker). Meaning, that anything they made before that, such as Blast Corp and Goldeneye, Nintendo owns rights to. Which is why they weren't able to just put a remake of Goldeneye onto XBLA. The only real exception to any of this, of course, is Diddy Kong Racing, which Rare actually did publish themselves. They don't own the character of Diddy Kong (or any of the Kong characters they created), but they do own all the other characters they made up for that game. So while you'll never see another Diddy Kong Racing on Xbox, they could certainly make a Banjo racing game with those other characters if they actually felt so inclined.

After all, the same basic rules apply to the reason Rare has never tried to make another Wizards & Warriors, or Battletoads, or R.C. Pro Am, or Snake Rattle & Roll. These days, things seem to be working a bit different with certain publisher/developer rights issues, but back in the 80s and 90s, a publisher pretty much owned whatever they put out.
Image
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
User avatar
Devil_Rising
F-Zero Racer
F-Zero Racer
 
Posts: 2364
Joined: 27 May 2009 13:03
NN ID: Godzilla1981
PSN: AwesomeFukenGuy

Re: Will we see HD re-releases?

Postby MoldyClay » 26 Sep 2012 07:55

Devil_Rising wrote:
MoldyClay wrote:
zyxion1 wrote:Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Killer Instinct Gold, Crazy Taxi, Mario Kart D.D, Phantasy Star Online?? shut up and take my money!


Killer Instinct Gold is now owned by Microsoft (who recently renewed the license for the series, if I am not mistaken).

And Crazy Taxi is already out in 'HD' on XBLA/PSN. Can't remember what's become of Phantasy Star.



Where did you hear that, because I have literally never heard any indication whatsoever of Nintendo NOT owning the at least half the rights to KI. Otherwise, you have to think Rare would have tried to make a new one by now. I'm fairly certain that KI has and always will be a Nintendo owned franchise, or at least as I said, split rights. But considering they published the only KI games to ever exist, that would point very strongly to them owning it. The only franchises Rare took with them in the sale, were ones that had released past the point where they had begun to publish games on their own on N64 (Banjo, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, Conker). Meaning, that anything they made before that, such as Blast Corp and Goldeneye, Nintendo owns rights to. Which is why they weren't able to just put a remake of Goldeneye onto XBLA. The only real exception to any of this, of course, is Diddy Kong Racing, which Rare actually did publish themselves. They don't own the character of Diddy Kong (or any of the Kong characters they created), but they do own all the other characters they made up for that game. So while you'll never see another Diddy Kong Racing on Xbox, they could certainly make a Banjo racing game with those other characters if they actually felt so inclined.

After all, the same basic rules apply to the reason Rare has never tried to make another Wizards & Warriors, or Battletoads, or R.C. Pro Am, or Snake Rattle & Roll. These days, things seem to be working a bit different with certain publisher/developer rights issues, but back in the 80s and 90s, a publisher pretty much owned whatever they put out.


http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/17/ ... rk-renewed

The reason Rare didn't make one by now is because Microsoft is insane. They specifically told them to not make sequels or remakes to most of their IPs and have relagated them to making Avatars and more recently the Kinect stuff. They wanted them to focus on broadening their demographic.

Furthermore: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... DgVItp_R_Q

Lots of Chris Seavor projects were shelved, a Kameo sequel and Killer Instinct 3, which Microsoft said no to.

So in theory, they may have changed their minds all of the sudden. Or they just felt it necessary to renew the license just to say they have it.

Also, Nintendo is NOT the only company to publish Killer Instinct. In fact, Midway was who originally published it in arcades in 1994, a good year before the SNES port and slightly before Nintendo snatched them up for Donkey Kong Country (literally, the same year, but KI was made by Rare, not Nintendo).

Goldeneye was not just due to Nintendo. Goldeneye was also a licensed game for James Bond, and as you can tell, Activision owns the rights to that now (and that's the reason Perfect Dark was even made and isn't a James Bond game, but has all the same stuff), and the fact they'd probably need to get the rights to use all of the likenesses of the actors again. A lot of stuff was against the re-release of Goldeneye 64. Nintendo was just one roadblock in a long list.
User avatar
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu
 
Posts: 3153
Joined: 25 Feb 2008 04:34
Location: NJ
NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Re: Will we see HD re-releases?

Postby cupoftea » 28 Sep 2012 18:16

I would love a HD Zelda Collection, can't really see it happening though sadly.
I've also been thinking how great a Xenoblade HD remake would be- they could make it an Ultimate edition with a some nice new additions ; eg.the unused Beta maps could be added, and more gems, armours and arts etc. would be pretty cool. Maybe even a new playable character or two could be thrown in, idk.
cupoftea
Goomba
Goomba
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 27 Sep 2012 17:48

Re: Will we see HD re-releases?

Postby Devil_Rising » 28 Sep 2012 18:45

MoldyClay wrote:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/17/ ... rk-renewed

The reason Rare didn't make one by now is because Microsoft is insane. They specifically told them to not make sequels or remakes to most of their IPs and have relagated them to making Avatars and more recently the Kinect stuff. They wanted them to focus on broadening their demographic.

Furthermore: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... DgVItp_R_Q

Lots of Chris Seavor projects were shelved, a Kameo sequel and Killer Instinct 3, which Microsoft said no to.

So in theory, they may have changed their minds all of the sudden. Or they just felt it necessary to renew the license just to say they have it.

Also, Nintendo is NOT the only company to publish Killer Instinct. In fact, Midway was who originally published it in arcades in 1994, a good year before the SNES port and slightly before Nintendo snatched them up for Donkey Kong Country (literally, the same year, but KI was made by Rare, not Nintendo).

Goldeneye was not just due to Nintendo. Goldeneye was also a licensed game for James Bond, and as you can tell, Activision owns the rights to that now (and that's the reason Perfect Dark was even made and isn't a James Bond game, but has all the same stuff), and the fact they'd probably need to get the rights to use all of the likenesses of the actors again. A lot of stuff was against the re-release of Goldeneye 64. Nintendo was just one roadblock in a long list.




*ahem*

The original arcade version of Killer Instinct was a co-production between Nintendo, Midway, and Rare. Rare developed it, Nintendo financed it, and Midway was their arcade partner, since Nintendo themselves had more or less long been out of the coin-op biz. But, the POINT is, Nintendo originally had Rare make Killer Instinct as a counter to Sega's Virtua Fighter series. Nintendo wanted their own fighting franchise, and so they had Rare make it for them. Same issue with the Cruis'n games, which were developed by Midway. There's a reason both Cruis'n USA and Killer Instinct in arcade had a "COMING TO NINTENDO ULTRA 64!!!!" ad-blurb before the game booted up. Why would they say that? Because they were both considered Nintendo franchises, which were going to be exclusively coming to N64. That is also why the Nintendo logo appears in the opening credits for KI and KI2 arcade games. It's their game, their series. They did all of that with both series because they wanted to have an arcade presence against their top rival of the day, Sega, who was still doing good arcade business. And it worked, because both KI and Cruis'n were very successful.

Notice that there were never any Cruis'n ports to any non-Nintendo consoles.


As for Microsoft "renewing the trademark", I don't really know what to say. I saw that article before. However, I still find it very hard to believe that they own the KI IP wholesale. I know for a fact, as it was reported as such, that the specific reason the Goldeneye deal didn't go through (which would have seen an enhanced remake of the N64 game for XBLA), was because Nintendo turned it down (As they were getting the sh** end of the stick). So they obviously retain some rights/say in that matter. And I just find it very hard to believe that Rare/MS own the KI series, considering, as I've mentioned before, it was well known back when it was being made/released, that KI was Nintendo's baby, and was their answer to Virtua Fighter. It was 100% considered "Nintendo's Fighting Franchise". So....*shrugs*

Even if MS DOES somehow own KI.....would I want to see them/Rare make a KI3 now? No. No I wouldn't.
Image
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
User avatar
Devil_Rising
F-Zero Racer
F-Zero Racer
 
Posts: 2364
Joined: 27 May 2009 13:03
NN ID: Godzilla1981
PSN: AwesomeFukenGuy

Re: Will we see HD re-releases?

Postby The Jack Of Hearts » 28 Sep 2012 19:44

No offense to anyone of you guys but I sure hope not. At this point I'd much rather buy a new console to play new experiences other then replay the same experiences as before. I already have and played a bunch of my Wii games, why should I re-buy the same games I have? This is the same beef I have with plenty of Sony's classic PS2 game revisions. Trophies and HD aren't gonna get me to re-buy games I already own, these type of revisions are for people who have never played them before.
Image
Image
User avatar
The Jack Of Hearts
Flicky
Flicky
 
Posts: 60
Joined: 14 Jul 2011 22:02
NN ID: Haxblue
PSN: haxblue

Re: Will we see HD re-releases?

Postby AniGamer » 29 Sep 2012 14:20

I would love to see any Nintendo HD collection discs. I'd be particularly interested in a Battalion Wars HD re-release.
User avatar
AniGamer
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Aug 2012 11:54

Re: Will we see HD re-releases?

Postby MoldyClay » 30 Sep 2012 14:15

Devil_Rising wrote:*ahem*

The original arcade version of Killer Instinct was a co-production between Nintendo, Midway, and Rare. Rare developed it, Nintendo financed it, and Midway was their arcade partner, since Nintendo themselves had more or less long been out of the coin-op biz. But, the POINT is, Nintendo originally had Rare make Killer Instinct as a counter to Sega's Virtua Fighter series. Nintendo wanted their own fighting franchise, and so they had Rare make it for them. Same issue with the Cruis'n games, which were developed by Midway. There's a reason both Cruis'n USA and Killer Instinct in arcade had a "COMING TO NINTENDO ULTRA 64!!!!" ad-blurb before the game booted up. Why would they say that? Because they were both considered Nintendo franchises, which were going to be exclusively coming to N64. That is also why the Nintendo logo appears in the opening credits for KI and KI2 arcade games. It's their game, their series. They did all of that with both series because they wanted to have an arcade presence against their top rival of the day, Sega, who was still doing good arcade business. And it worked, because both KI and Cruis'n were very successful.

Notice that there were never any Cruis'n ports to any non-Nintendo consoles.


As for Microsoft "renewing the trademark", I don't really know what to say. I saw that article before. However, I still find it very hard to believe that they own the KI IP wholesale. I know for a fact, as it was reported as such, that the specific reason the Goldeneye deal didn't go through (which would have seen an enhanced remake of the N64 game for XBLA), was because Nintendo turned it down (As they were getting the sh** end of the stick). So they obviously retain some rights/say in that matter. And I just find it very hard to believe that Rare/MS own the KI series, considering, as I've mentioned before, it was well known back when it was being made/released, that KI was Nintendo's baby, and was their answer to Virtua Fighter. It was 100% considered "Nintendo's Fighting Franchise". So....*shrugs*

Even if MS DOES somehow own KI.....would I want to see them/Rare make a KI3 now? No. No I wouldn't.


Worth noting, I only played the first Killer Instinct twice on a friend's SNES. So I never saw what was on the arcade cabinet. And Ultra 64 is the N64, which KI2 was on.

As for KI being made by Nintendo, I didn't know because I was having a hard time finding a real date for when Nintendo bought out Rare. I knew they did it the year KI came out, but I could only find that they had them make DKC that year and port KI to SNES the following year.

And regardless of Nintendo being the main reason Goldeneye couldn't be ported (I know what you're talking about, as I remember it being mentioned on GoNintendo before), it doesn't change the fact that they aren't the owners of Goldeneye itself, as it's a licensed game and they don't own the license to 007, so I honestly have no idea why they were even able to participate in that, since Activision owns the license, so I guess they must have made damn sure that they owned as much of that version as possible (since obviously Activision has made Goldeneye games since then, but never the same one).

I don't know what to tell you about Killer Instinct, though. It's considered a Rare franchise, and not Nintendo's. Maybe it was the trade off for not trying to take half of Donkey Kong Country (as in, everything aside from Donkey Kong) and not bringing Goldeneye over?

Worth noting, despite being a Nintendo character, almost all post-DKC games credit Rare for the DK model (up until they left, obviously), as if that Donkey Kong was owned by Rare or something...

We should ask RMC to get an interview with those ex-Rare guys and ask them about the truth behind Killer Instinct.

FEW DAYS LATER EDIT: More news of Killer Instinct HD having been planned to be released on XBLA at one point.

And from Free Radical, of all places: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news ... lease.html
User avatar
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu
 
Posts: 3153
Joined: 25 Feb 2008 04:34
Location: NJ
NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Will the eshop get older games?

Postby ManoTikiTia » 18 Nov 2012 20:51

Will it get wii,GameCube or anything older games?
ManoTikiTia
Goomba
Goomba
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 12:10

Re: Will the eshop get older games?

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 18 Nov 2012 21:17

I doubt we'll get Wii games in HD just yet. :?

Any VC games that were on the Wii Shop Channel should be coming our way as well as some GCN games. ;)
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
User avatar
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: 25 Mar 2011 01:10
Location: The World Beyond This And That
NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
Wii: 3983-9278-9384-2345
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Re: Will the eshop get older games?

Postby PatrickTheHuman » 18 Nov 2012 22:51

I'm sure we will get Wii HD compilations (a Galaxy 1&2, Sunshine and 64 compilation would be amazing, NIntendo.) but I doubt we'll get any Wii VC. However, I'd be surprised if GC didn't appear in the VC eventually, just like the GBA VC games for 3DS.
Image
User avatar
PatrickTheHuman
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee
 
Posts: 84
Joined: 19 Nov 2011 19:17
Location: Illinois
NN ID: PatrickTheHuman
3DS: 0259-0444-2571
PSN: Patthehuman
XBL: PatTheHuman64

Wii games at 1080p

Postby GermanicMexican » 19 Nov 2012 19:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlJ_hFZs-s0&feature=plcp

I recorded Black Ops, Red Steel 2, Mario Galaxy 2 and Smash Bros Brawl at 1080p. So I believe the WiiU does upscale them to 1080p.
GermanicMexican
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Nov 2012 22:21

Re: Wii games at 1080p

Postby Furealz » 21 Nov 2012 00:09

Wii Games have to be at least upscaled.... New Super Mario Bros. Wii is Super Clear to me. :D
User avatar
Furealz
Flicky
Flicky
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 16 Oct 2012 16:23

Re: Wii games at 1080p

Postby LSF22 » 21 Nov 2012 00:48

im gonna test this out tonight and see if i can notice a difference.
User avatar
LSF22
Boo
Boo
 
Posts: 529
Joined: 08 Jun 2012 23:48
NN ID: LionsFan
XBL: xxLSF22xx

Re: Wii games at 1080p

Postby Devil_Rising » 21 Nov 2012 11:22

I personally wouldn't buy Wii re-released that were slightly upscaled (such as Sony has done, BTW, with many PS2 games).

However, I WOULD buy HD re-makes of, say, Mario 64, or older games like that, if Nintendo wanted to bother making them. I still say that I would have far rather had a full-on remake of M64 after being teased by that Galaxy 2 level, than having Galaxy 2, which to me was cool but felt unnecessary after how perfect Galaxy 1 was. Seeing that Mario 64 level, even in Wii graphics, looked fantastic. Those early polygon graphics don't hold up as well as sprites over time. I think that game really deserves a full remake treatment (And no, the DS game doesn't really count).
Image
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
User avatar
Devil_Rising
F-Zero Racer
F-Zero Racer
 
Posts: 2364
Joined: 27 May 2009 13:03
NN ID: Godzilla1981
PSN: AwesomeFukenGuy

Re: Wii games at 1080p

Postby jlatimer11 » 21 Nov 2012 11:40

Devil_Rising wrote:I personally wouldn't buy Wii re-released that were slightly upscaled (such as Sony has done, BTW, with many PS2 games).

However, I WOULD buy HD re-makes of, say, Mario 64, or older games like that, if Nintendo wanted to bother making them. I still say that I would have far rather had a full-on remake of M64 after being teased by that Galaxy 2 level, than having Galaxy 2, which to me was cool but felt unnecessary after how perfect Galaxy 1 was. Seeing that Mario 64 level, even in Wii graphics, looked fantastic. Those early polygon graphics don't hold up as well as sprites over time. I think that game really deserves a full remake treatment (And no, the DS game doesn't really count).


5 words: High Definition Ocarina of Time.

Sold.
Image
User avatar
jlatimer11
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee
 
Posts: 81
Joined: 05 Oct 2012 14:09
Location: Maryland
NN ID: jlatimer11
3DS: 1891-1333-7003
PSN: jlatimer11
XBL: jmlat

Re: Wii games at 1080p

Postby LSF22 » 21 Nov 2012 12:16

i tried the metroid prime trilogy last night and started up prime 3. one thing right off the bat is the wii menu and prime game had a black bar around the entire screen. not sure if i could have forced my tv to stretch the image to the edges since i didnt try. as for the graphics, i couldnt tell a difference but it has been awhile since i played prime 3. i did think the buttons in the wii menu looked sharper.
User avatar
LSF22
Boo
Boo
 
Posts: 529
Joined: 08 Jun 2012 23:48
NN ID: LionsFan
XBL: xxLSF22xx

Re: Wii games at 1080p

Postby linkgx1 » 21 Nov 2012 16:16

I want to see Starfox Adventures HD and Metroid Prime HD COLLECTOR'S TRIOLOGY
linkgx1
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee
 
Posts: 77
Joined: 17 Nov 2012 18:54
NN ID: Linkgx1
PSN: Linkgx1
XBL: Linkgx1

PreviousNext

Return to WiiU / Wii

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot]

cron