Club Nintendo, think that extra coins should rollover (601+)

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Club Nintendo, think that extra coins should rollover (601+)

Postby theimporter » 21 Nov 2012 20:10

How many of you stop registering your Nintendo products after reaching 600 coins (or whatever amount you needed to buy your yearly prize) in order to have enough to reach Platinum for the next Club Nintendo year? I know I do and by doing so, I'm a 5 year Platinum.

The entire purpose of these surveys are for market researches and to show their investors that the products that they sale to stores are actually being purchased by consumers and that their fan base is important. It would more logical for them to allow extra coins to rollover and have their newly release products registered within the first few weeks than months later.
See my game collection and request my next video: http://www.gamingpondering.com
theimporter
Flicky
Flicky

Re: Club Nintendo, think that extra coins should rollover (6

Postby MoldyClay » 22 Nov 2012 09:19

Agreed. It's kind of stupid that you can't roll them over.

Especially because, not only does it mean you could wind up doing a survey a year or two later, but it makes it hard to get rewards if you actually spend them. I never had this problem before, but I *have* been actively getting games on the eShop/Wii Shop via Club Nintendo coins and now I am running low, but I am only 60 coins away from Platinum, meaning I'll waste all my coins and maybe not make Platinum next year. But then it means I can miss out on some rewards, simply because of hoarding.

It's really annoying.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby Koopzilla » 22 Nov 2012 10:26

Yeah, I do that too. I actually reached platinum for this year by July or August because I had a stack of them waiting, and only had to buy like one more game to reach Platinum. I have a pretty good amount saved up already for next year too.

I doubt they will be letting them roll over ever though, that would mean having to send out more free stuff.
Koopzilla
Nintendo Power Player

NN ID: Koopzilla
3DS: 2793-0595-9972

Postby MoldyClay » 22 Nov 2012 14:15

Yeah, that's basically my understanding. Nintendo wanting to minimize people actually having coins.

I mean, look at how the Wii U is the same coin value as a 3DS, and they take popular items down for a long time, but leave up undesirable ones. And some of the things they expect to be more popular (or rather, the COOL things) are stupid high amounts of coins (900 for the nunchuk, for example). They don't want to give out free things, and they don't want everyone reaching Platinum.

They should just raise the requirements.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby theimporter » 23 Nov 2012 12:28

Koopzilla wrote:Yeah, I do that too. I actually reached platinum for this year by July or August because I had a stack of them waiting, and only had to buy like one more game to reach Platinum. I have a pretty good amount saved up already for next year too.

I doubt they will be letting them roll over ever though, that would mean having to send out more free stuff.

But it makes no sense for them to do so, besides being caught off guard by the Wii U System's automatic registration on Club Nintendo, there's nothing stopping us from keeping our code papers until July 1st and unless you keep really old game unregistered, I doubt their value will go down before the next Club Nintendo year.

The only ones loosing here are Nintendo because they're not getting their products survey within the first few weeks of a new release and cannot show this to their investors.

I say we should all sign this topic and keep it alive and pinned. When enough Club Nintendo members reply here, we e-mail the link to Nintendo and show them how we feel that this could benefit everyone if they would allow a rollover for coin counts that exceed 600.
See my game collection and request my next video: http://www.gamingpondering.com
theimporter
Flicky
Flicky

Postby Ngamer01 » 24 Nov 2012 18:39

Petitions hardly work with Nintendo. I mean NoA was bombed with requests to bring back EarthBound and give us Mother 3 and they never budged (though obviously there are legal issues that may be blocking NoA here).

There was Operation Rainfall to get Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower over here during the great Wii drought. NoA never budged, though they did eventually bring Xenoblade over earlier this year (X-Seed took hold of The Last Story which released in the summer).

Pandora's Tower never made it here and looks it that'll stay the case unless somebody gets Nintendo to do a HD remake for Wii U. =/

So I wouldn't get my hopes up with Nintendo here. =(
Ngamer01
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: Ngamer01
3DS: 403861748183

Postby mariomaniac45213 » 24 Nov 2012 19:27

So why didn't we get 350 coins (or 300) for our Wii U's? We should have... -_-
Finally got a PS3 sooo add me if you want. :)
mariomaniac45213
Toad
Toad

Wii: 0257-0866-8958-0148
PSN: TheDestructo1994
XBL: TheDestructo94

Postby PatrickTheHuman » 25 Nov 2012 01:03

I do, the Platinum Rewards are often really neat collectibles. On a side note, I actually had my friend who isn't a member text me some of his codes so I could get the golden nunchuck. 900 coins? Are you kidding?
PatrickTheHuman
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: PatrickTheHuman
3DS: 0259-0444-2571
PSN: Patthehuman
XBL: PatTheHuman64

Postby theimporter » 25 Nov 2012 10:04

Ngamer01 wrote:Petitions hardly work with Nintendo. I mean NoA was bombed with requests to bring back EarthBound and give us Mother 3 and they never budged (though obviously there are legal issues that may be blocking NoA here).

There was Operation Rainfall to get Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower over here during the great Wii drought. NoA never budged, though they did eventually bring Xenoblade over earlier this year (X-Seed took hold of The Last Story which released in the summer).

Pandora's Tower never made it here and looks it that'll stay the case unless somebody gets Nintendo to do a HD remake for Wii U. =/

So I wouldn't get my hopes up with Nintendo here. =(

Online petitions don't work because everyone knows that the same person can sign 100 times if he/she wants. If members here sign (and Nintendo sees that it's not a bunch of new accounts that were opened in the same week), then perhaps this could influence their decision. GoNintendo is well known by now, this isn't some unknown blog, if any place can make a difference, I say it's here.
theimporter
Flicky
Flicky

Return to WiiU / Wii