Nintendo Network ID Changing Name

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Nintendo Network ID Changing Name

Postby Syrek » 22 Nov 2012 17:45

Is it possible to change your Nintendo Network ID name or are you stuck with it forever? If I am, can I just delete my account and start over? I don't care if I lose save data too much but I still want to keep the games I downloaded. Anyone tried this or know how to?
Syrek
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: Mychal

Re: Nintendo Network ID Changing Name

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 22 Nov 2012 18:40

Why not contact Nintendo and let them know you wanna change it?
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby Popple » 22 Nov 2012 23:38

Coming straight from Nintendo's FAQ:

Nintendo wrote:Additional changes (birthdate, username) cannot be made once they have been set in the system. If you need to make changes to this information, please contact us by calling 1-800-255-3700

Please note that the username cannot usually be changed once it's set.

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/account_your_account.jsp
This post copyright ©2014 by Popple. All rights reserved. No part of this post may be reproduced in any form without the written permission of the copyright owner. This post is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual events was done on purpose.
Popple
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: Popple
3DS: 5069-4025-8184

Postby gtt » 23 Nov 2012 16:03

Syrek wrote:Is it possible to change your Nintendo Network ID name or are you stuck with it forever? If I am, can I just delete my account and start over? I don't care if I lose save data too much but I still want to keep the games I downloaded. Anyone tried this or know how to?

well, since the games are tied to your hardware just like last time, this shouldn't be an issue. there is no actual reason they *can't* change your username, it's just a database field after all. the question is if they *will*

like sony and psn names, they just won't.
gtt
Kwisatz Haderach

NN ID: supergtt
3DS: 3394-3550-1815

Postby KingBroly » 23 Nov 2012 16:12

gtt wrote:
Syrek wrote:Is it possible to change your Nintendo Network ID name or are you stuck with it forever? If I am, can I just delete my account and start over? I don't care if I lose save data too much but I still want to keep the games I downloaded. Anyone tried this or know how to?

well, since the games are tied to your hardware just like last time, this shouldn't be an issue. there is no actual reason they *can't* change your username, it's just a database field after all. the question is if they *will*

like sony and psn names, they just won't.

No. Games are not tied to the hardware again. Games are tied to your account. Your account is tied to your hardware. Considering Virtual Console games were tied to your hardware on Wii and would be 'lost' if your system died, the same policy will obviously hold true here. Nintendo is just acting dumb on purpose so you don't sell your system.

As for changing your username, you can't change your username on PSN, so it's not uniqu to Nintendo.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly