Wii U Pad SOS: ASAP (Is mine.. faulty or no?)

Everything about the Wii and its games...

Wii U Pad SOS: ASAP (Is mine.. faulty or no?)

Postby Autosaver » 22 Nov 2012 19:26

I got a couple issues.

My Wii U came scratched when I opened the box.
The HDMI cables looked "chewed"
And my Pad MIGHT be faulty but I don't know...

If you put pressure on the touch screen, you can feel it "bubble" back and forth. Is this completely normal? Can someone test this out?
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Autosaver

Re: Wii U Pad SOS: ASAP (Is mine.. faulty or no?)

Postby PatrickTheHuman » 22 Nov 2012 20:14

It's scratched, and that would be enough for me. I'd call Nintendo or whatever store you bought it from's customer service and see what their policy is. Good luck! By the way, is the home button on the GamePad supposed to have it's light flicker on and off every so often?
PatrickTheHuman
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: PatrickTheHuman
3DS: 0259-0444-2571
PSN: Patthehuman
XBL: PatTheHuman64

Postby Autosaver » 22 Nov 2012 20:31

The thing is, I don't want it exchanged with the original retailer. If I do so, I lose my account (Wii Transferred, game data too!, etc).

Also, you light flashes whenever you get a notification. I'm sure you're fine.
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

Postby Veitch11 » 22 Nov 2012 20:44

NintendorkZ wrote:It's scratched, and that would be enough for me. I'd call Nintendo or whatever store you bought it from's customer service and see what their policy is. Good luck! By the way, is the home button on the GamePad supposed to have it's light flicker on and off every so often?

Yeah, all that means is that you have a friend online, someone's video calling you, or maybe a miiverse notification I think. It's just letting you know something's up with online! Nothing wrong there!
Veitch11
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby PatrickTheHuman » 22 Nov 2012 21:03

Ok, thanks. It wasn't something that I would return it to the store for, but I was just a little worried. As for the original problem, try to get a new one, transfer your data, and then call the store and/or Nintendo.
PatrickTheHuman
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: PatrickTheHuman
3DS: 0259-0444-2571
PSN: Patthehuman
XBL: PatTheHuman64

Postby Autosaver » 22 Nov 2012 21:12

You can't transfer data to another Wii U unfortunately.

Also.. could you check my GamePad issue? Is it sort of "bouncy" when you push down on your finger? Please check.. I'm worried. DX
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 22 Nov 2012 22:36

None of those issues are normal. You had better contact Nintendo as soon as possible and ask them for help.
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
Wii: 3983-9278-9384-2345
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby Autosaver » 22 Nov 2012 23:23

Are you sure about the screen thing? My friend said his kind of did it and another user on Nintendo's tech forum said it was normal thing in touch screen devices. It also does it on my DSi...

Did it do it on yours.. or no? It only does it when you put pressure using a finger (middle of screen works best)
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

Postby Popple » 22 Nov 2012 23:28

How much pressure are you applying? It doesn't take much to make the screen work. You can always cause weird things to happen with inappropriate amounts of pressure. There will be a little bit of disfiguration to these touch screens since they're pressure sensitive and not capacitive (glass, like on the iPad or on most smartphones) but the 'depression' of the screen shouldn't be very noticeable with normal use. And certainly not the 'bubbling' that you mentioned.
This post copyright ©2014 by Popple. All rights reserved. No part of this post may be reproduced in any form without the written permission of the copyright owner. This post is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual events was done on purpose.
Popple
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: Popple
3DS: 5069-4025-8184

Postby Autosaver » 23 Nov 2012 00:25

Oh, it's only noticeable if you SHOVE it down. Normal touch is fine.

..I know I shouldn't be doing it but it seemed really odd.
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

Postby Koopzilla » 23 Nov 2012 01:02

Where did you get it from? Sounds like they let an employee take it home and try it or something and their cat chewed the wire and maybe clawed the system. And I would refrain from shoving down the touch pad as you can damage it doing that, I don't really know if the bubbling thing is normal or not (though it doesn't sound normal) because I'm not willing to put much pressure on any of my touch screens to test it out. It will last a lot longer if you are gentle with it, I've seen lots of DS demo units that have been destroyed by kids pushing real hard on the screen.
Koopzilla
Nintendo Power Player

NN ID: Koopzilla
3DS: 2793-0595-9972

Postby gtt » 23 Nov 2012 13:37

man, would be great if you could just exchanged it at the retailer and then just log into your new system with a real account.

but instead, since you set things up and transfer your wii info, you'll have to send it to nintendo and wait a couple weeks so they can do a wiiu -> wiiu system transfer for you.

and from what you describe the game pad at least needs to be replaced, that bubble is from the resistive(yay for resitive woo) film over the screen coming separated from the screen.
gtt
Kwisatz Haderach

NN ID: supergtt
3DS: 3394-3550-1815

Postby ddddd » 23 Nov 2012 18:12

You should have returned it as soon as you opened the box and saw it in that state, and definitely not transfer stuff to it. Nintendo Network IDs are fully locked to hardware, not even Nintendo Customer Service can transfer the data at this time.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby Autosaver » 23 Nov 2012 18:55

I'm sure they have magical powers at their HQ.

Also - the gamepad had the same "bounce" effect at Target. So I think I'm fine. :)
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

Postby ddddd » 23 Nov 2012 19:40

Autosaver wrote:I'm sure they have magical powers at their HQ.

Check this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=608
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby gtt » 23 Nov 2012 20:16

ddddd wrote:
Autosaver wrote:I'm sure they have magical powers at their HQ.

Check this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=608

they as in 'customer service' may not be able to do it, but I will bet everything I have that the repair guys can put in a ticket to have every license associated with X serial number moved over to Y serial number. it's not burned in stone. it's just fields in a database. hell, they probably have a way to do it with a piece of hardware like the xbox system link cable.

why nintendo sticks with this instead of an actual account system, who the fuck knows.
gtt
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby cortjezter » 24 Nov 2012 00:01

i have a feeling it has more to do with limiting overhead and whatnot associated with building systems and processes to deal with switching info like that as much as it has to do with some ridiculous/insane outdated concept of what online systems are all about these days. that, and there's probably some PR response lined up about how it is meant to 'protect' consumers and keep their accounts secure (anti-piracy), blah blah blah.

that, and by firewalling things like this behind something like a repair fee or their tech center (having to send your system in and wait weeks), highly discourages people from making use of such things.

not saying it's easier or beneficial in any way for consumers, but that's my bet.

kind of curious what the 'chewed' cables look like...
cortjezter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam ID: cortjezter
Wii: 4659 4316 9119 3027
PSN: cortjezter
XBL: cortjezter

Postby gtt » 24 Nov 2012 00:50

cortjezter wrote:as much as it has to do with some ridiculous/insane outdated concept of what online systems are all about these days

to be fair, this is nintendo we are talking about. it's not that their view is outdated (it is), it's that it's being handed down from on high by old japanese people who think that if you talk to people on the internet everyone you ever knew will be raped to death. they have everything in place for a real account system. club nintendo already works that way, if your systems are linked, all your purchases are listed on your club nitnendo list. All the pieces are there, it's just will at this point
gtt
Kwisatz Haderach

Return to WiiU / Wii