WiiU Web Browser

Everything about the Wii and its games...

WiiU Web Browser

Postby LSF22 » 24 Nov 2012 02:10

just found out something cool, im watching a youtube video on my tv screen and posting this message on gonintendo with zero slowdown/issues. this is awesome.

sorry if this is known, but i thought i would share it.
LSF22
Boo
Boo

NN ID: LionsFan
XBL: xxLSF22xx

Re: WiiU Web Browser

Postby ModestMr.Green » 24 Nov 2012 02:21

I am really impressed with the browser, so far, too. :) Glad you're enjoying it!
ModestMr.Green
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: CMM1215
PSN: CMM1215

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 24 Nov 2012 02:33

I've known this already but yeah the browsers great. :)
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby ddddd » 24 Nov 2012 12:04

Can you have one tab on the tv and another in the gamepad?
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby Lakster37 » 24 Nov 2012 13:47

ddddd wrote:Can you have one tab on the tv and another in the gamepad?

Unless there's something I'm missing, not really. The TV pretty much reflects whatever's on the GamePad with two exceptions: you can put up the curtains to not show anything on the TV, or when you're playing a video you can have it going on the TV and do other stuff on the gamepad at the same time.
Lakster's Wii FC: 0396-7842-5899-7903
Lakster37
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: Lakster

Postby linkgx1 » 24 Nov 2012 23:13

Lakster37 wrote:

Unless there's something I'm missing, not really. The TV pretty much reflects whatever's on the GamePad with two exceptions: you can put up the curtains to not show anything on the TV, or when you're playing a video you can have it going on the TV and do other stuff on the gamepad at the same time.

Great, that prevents people from seeing what I'm doing on Redtu...nevermind.
linkgx1
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: Linkgx1
PSN: Linkgx1
XBL: Linkgx1

Postby ddddd » 25 Nov 2012 08:35

Lakster37 wrote:

So, say, if I play a youtube vid on full screen I can browse other pages on the pad? Is that like that WiiU demo where the guy uses the TV button to send the vídeo to the main screen?
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby Lakster37 » 25 Nov 2012 13:28

ddddd wrote:
Lakster37 wrote:

So, say, if I play a youtube vid on full screen I can browse other pages on the pad? Is that like that WiiU demo where the guy uses the TV button to send the vídeo to the main screen?

Well, the TV button only triggers the universal remote functionality of the Game Pad (which you can use even if the system itself is off). Any video you start in the browser automatically starts playing on the TV (unless the curtains are up) and will stay there until you tell it to go away (with a little tool bar that pops up on the game pad), which is how you can still browse while leaving the video up on the TV.
Lakster's Wii FC: 0396-7842-5899-7903
Lakster37
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: Lakster

Postby ddddd » 26 Nov 2012 11:02

Lakster37 wrote:
ddddd wrote:
Lakster37 wrote:Unless there's something I'm missing, not really. The TV pretty much reflects whatever's on the GamePad with two exceptions: you can put up the curtains to not show anything on the TV, or when you're playing a video you can have it going on the TV and do other stuff on the gamepad at the same time.

Well, the TV button only triggers the universal remote functionality of the Game Pad (which you can use even if the system itself is off). Any video you start in the browser automatically starts playing on the TV (unless the curtains are up) and will stay there until you tell it to go away (with a little tool bar that pops up on the game pad), which is how you can still browse while leaving the video up on the TV.

Got it, thanks.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Return to WiiU / Wii