Two Tribes thinks publishers will move away from Wii U wh...

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Re: Two Tribes thinks publishers will move away from Wii U w

Postby RD3AV5 » 16 Sep 2012 04:01

patjuan32 wrote:You are wrong about downscaling. You seem to have a notion that the next consoles from Sony and Microsoft are going to be beasts like the Xbox 360 and Ps3. They are not. Sony and Microsoft spent the majority of this gen trying to turn a profit that's why this gen has gone on so long. Secondly, the WiiU will be out first and will have a year or more to develop a strong library of games. Developers nor publishers are not going to turn away from an audience that they've established. Just look at the PS2 for reference.

YES and THANK YOU. You are exactly right. Honestly I don't know how Sony/Microsoft can pull off crazy power houses next gen. with the world recession and all. Honestly game tech hasn't improved that much over the years. Look at the DX11 version of Battlefield 3 on gaming PC vs. Xbox 360. They don't look THAT different at all despite DX11 being WAY better and newer. I do agree that tech is "much" better and all, but the ratio of "differences" to "noticeably better" has greatly diminished. The gap the wii had vs. 360/PS3 will NOT be the same with the Wii U/720/PS4. It won't happen.
Last edited by RD3AV5 on 16 Sep 2012 04:06, edited 1 time in total.
RD3AV5
Flicky
Flicky

Postby Fuego6 » 16 Sep 2012 04:02

I love @Emily Rogers . . .work
Fuego6

Postby RD3AV5 » 16 Sep 2012 04:03

kdognumba1 wrote:I'm a core gamer and a lot of my friends are too. We're all getting the Wii U and will be supporting it day 1.

SAME
RD3AV5
Flicky
Flicky

Postby VinceFox » 16 Sep 2012 05:37

Let's be realistic about this
1. core gamers are mostly (to a higher degree) too loyal to Playstation and/or Xbox
2. Deny it or not, core gamers have a blind prejudice towards anything Nintendo - meaning they will support and get the Wii U FOR NOW but when Sony and Microsoft unveil their next console (which they would most likely be barred from stores like GameStop due to certain measures to kill off preowned copy sales) we will most likely see a Dreamcast effect in play
3. While Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is coming to the Wii U, 3rd party companies need to do more in order to keep that group of (core) gamers playing the Wii U let alone bash it to Batman & Robin levels

while to some here think this is trolling or harsh jargon, I assure you
1. I already pre-ordered my Deluxe Wii U and i support the console
2. I confronted core gamers online via message boards and they are like that of which i know of (PS/Xbox worshipers, hate originality, berate/belittle casual gamers and Nintendo supporters and buy nothing but Madden, WWE and FPS games despite quality) - in other words, it's in regards of experience.. if you're a core gamer, and you're not like that - more power to you.. as in if you are a core gamer yet support Nintendo and not the core gamers that i met, i got nothing against you guys
VinceFox
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: RetroToonMaster
3DS: 3351-4181-1924
PSN: RetroToonFan

Postby CCFanboy » 16 Sep 2012 06:05

VinceFox

That group of "core gamers" have used nothing but double standards and hypocrisy since wii u was announced. Look at the excuses they've used since wii u was announced and you'll see they are hypocrites.

Wii u gets some big third party names for the first year: call of duty, mass effect, darksiders, assassin's creed, ninja gaiden and tekken. In response they said 'hey look games I finished on my ps3 and 360'. Then you look at zombi u and they insist 'they need more than that'. Then they show up with monster hunter and bayonetta and suddenly its stealing?

Sorry if I am offending anyone with this line but that type of mindset is completely and utterly ignorant. They asked for more third party exclusives and get their wish then say nintendo don't "deserve" that game. What does that say about what they think of the fanbase? Even if they have beef with nintendo why can't wii owners enjoy these games? When a game goes multiplatform on ps3 or 360 its good so why can't they be happy that nintendo fans get to experience these games now? Wii kicked the stuffing out of ps3 and 360 and despite what impact its had on microsoft or sony it was extremely short changed by third parties. And now they get part of their wish they are going back to the "gimmicks" card. So what about kinect then? Surely that is their definition of a gimmick? Do they think microsoft will just drop it with the next xbox or something?

They aren't "core gamers". They are hypocrites. By saying nintendo doesn't have a right to bayonetta 2 they are saying nintendo fans don't have a right to it. And I have news for you. Nintendo has as much right to any game as microsoft or sony no matter how "mature" it is. What if I was only able to afford a wii u? Why can't I enjoy bayonetta 2?

I hope it goes multiplatform in the future so more can enjoy it.
CCFanboy
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Fuego6 » 16 Sep 2012 06:34

Honestly I would only be worried about Wii U if Nintendo starts to listen to all these hypocrites and takes it as genuine criticism. Like..."Well maybe people don't want third party games...ok nevermind"

Because that would suck.
Fuego6

Postby CCFanboy » 16 Sep 2012 06:49

Fuego6 wrote:Honestly I would only be worried about Wii U if Nintendo starts to listen to all these hypocrites and takes it as genuine criticism. Like..."Well maybe people don't want third party games...ok nevermind"

Because that would suck.

I don't think third parties will ignore wii u like they did with wii. I can't say about this particular statement but I would like a word with Mr. Zelnick. I'd like to present to him an extreme case of a "what if" scenario. What if ps4 flops due to being too similar to 360 2? Sony is no longer there to sail your ship. Who is laughing now buddy? There will come a time when the third parties who see nintendo in that frame of mind (not the ones who tend to support them now and again) realize that nintendo is here as well with their own core fanbase who want to play these games.
CCFanboy
Fairy
Fairy

Postby DeAngelo Guillory » 16 Sep 2012 07:06

Fuego6 wrote:I love @Emily Rogers . . .work

DeAngelo Guillory
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Fuego6 » 16 Sep 2012 07:35

Clearly I'm being totally serious and that was in no way intended to be a joke on the internet.

You are a cool dude and I deeply respect you.
Last edited by Fuego6 on 16 Sep 2012 08:16, edited 1 time in total.
Fuego6

Postby DeAngelo Guillory » 16 Sep 2012 08:07

Fuego6 wrote:Clearly I'm being totally serious and that was in no way intended to be a joke on the internet.

Also. Rude.

DeAngelo Guillory
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Collo64 » 16 Sep 2012 08:31

Hi all,

I'm Collin from Two Tribes and I fucked up. To be clear: That tweet was my personal opinion, and wasn't supposed to be sent out from the Two Tribes account.

This is apparently what happens when you send out a tweet on the wrong account and take the day off to hand out balloons at a fundraiser. :)

Aside from the tweet coming from the wrong account, the 140 character limit of a tweet also didn't give enough context to fully express my opinion, so I thought I'd elaborate on it in this forum post.

Again: This is my personal opinion, Two Tribes doesn't have an opinion since it's a company :)

What I meant to say was that I expect the bigger developers/publishers to get power hungry again after a while. Even though the difference will probably be smaller this generation, Nintendo's machine is still likely going to have less horsepower than the next machines from Microsoft and Sony. This is what I expect to happen, I have no inside knowledge on this, it just makes sense to me. If this happens, it's also likely that they will not always want to downscale their game's assets, I think in part because of their ego, but also because of the cost involved.

What I meant with the casual reference, is that I think the Wii U will be home to more casual titles than other platforms. The look and feel of Nintendo's own games, combined with the habits of publishers putting out more casually oriented titles on Nintendo platforms, will probably result in the machine having a more family friendly reputation. Nothing wrong with it from my perspective, but that kind of games are not being made by larger developers/publishers generally.

Then to close it off: My tweet was not intended to sound negative about the Wii U's prospects. I expect it to do well and I'm definitely doing to grab one at launch.

Feel free to continue the discussion, it's been interesting to read everyone's opinions in this thread.

Thanks for your time!

Collin
Collo64
Fairy
Fairy

Two Tribes thinks publishers will move away from Wii U when

Postby Hawk » 16 Sep 2012 09:48

Collo64, I don't think you did anything wrong, and I agree with you. We know how developers are, especially those of us who work for them. I, too, suspect they'll move away from WiiU to a degree when more powerful stuff becomes available.

I guess people need to be careful when they read a tweet from one person. Even if that account is called "Two Tribes", it's not the entire company tweeting that. Though again, if it was, I would still agree with the tweet.
Hawk
Flicky
Flicky

Postby Hylianhero777 » 16 Sep 2012 10:12

@Collo64 Don't worry man, everybody has those days. Even though I hope your wrong, I still kind of agree with your opinion. It's the sad truth.
Heck yeah ZELDA!
Hylianhero777
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: Hylianhero777

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 16 Sep 2012 10:40

@Collo64 Don't worry man, I understood what you meant and I didn't let it kill my love for Two Tribes. You and your co-workers keep rockin'!
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: TriforceoftheGod
3DS: 2921-9263-7348
Steam ID: TriforceoftheGods

Postby NeroSuferoth » 16 Sep 2012 10:44

kernal wrote:
NeroSuferoth wrote:The fact that they are supporting the console now doesn't mean they can't be realistic about it.

what makes that realistic? i think that the fact nintendo is courting more 3rd party developers and trying to lock in mature rated exclusives shows that they are trying to make the wii-u a real platform for everyone.. so i dont think "realistic" is the word you meant... maybe pessimistic works better

I mean realistic in the sense that the situation he refers to has happened before... And that it is also a scenario plenty of people have feared and mentioned since the WiiU's alleged specs started to surface.

I just think that the situation to hope for is for the WiiU to get enough good 3rd party support before Sony and Microsoft's consoles come out, IF the WiiU isn't already loosing some of that support because of some developers working already on them.
Last edited by NeroSuferoth on 16 Sep 2012 10:55, edited 1 time in total.
NeroSuferoth
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

PSN: Eonblue_
XBL: NEROSUFEROTH

Postby MichaelVash7886 » 16 Sep 2012 10:55

@Collo64 It's a definite possibility, however I think that largely depends on how big the power gap really is. I mean look back at the PS2.

Naturally with this power difference it could be quite a bit different. But for now it's really impossible to tell. I like you expect the PS4 and 720 or whatever they end up being called to have more power, I'm just wondering how much it will matter. Time will tell I guess.

This time at least Nintendo is getting out first and not last like they did with the Wii.
MichaelVash7886
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Elfteiroh » 16 Sep 2012 12:59

after reading these comments:
-Thanks Collo64, to have given your input in this. This is appreciated.

-What? Am I the only one that see Toki Tori as a "casual" game? (and I mean it in a positive way, I'm not against casual games, hell, I play bejeweled quite often ;P )
I love Shy Guys... If only I could stay one...
[ ƒranz (note the weird "ƒ", the seal of TRUTH) on the 3DS FriendList!]
Elfteiroh
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: Elfteiroh
3DS: 4425-1469-3163
Steam ID: Elfteiroh
PSN: Elfteiroh

Postby Zeldana » 16 Sep 2012 13:11

"Casual" and "hardcore" don't really describe people, or their habits. They never did. I don't have a lot of time to game anymore, maybe a few hours a week, but those hours I "causally" play are spent on games like F-Zero GX and Ikaruga. How should I be defined?
Zeldana
Fairy
Fairy

Previous

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion