GoNintendo Podcast Questions

Questions for the staff, comments or other info relating to our beloved podcast? We will do our best to keep up with what you guys have to say. All guests welcome here :)

GoNintendo Podcast Questions

Postby cortjezter » 29 Jun 2006 16:49

You want to ask the podcast crew a question? Here's your chance...post here to have your questions answered "live" on the podcast!

• If this thread is locked, please jot yourself a note and keep checking back. It will re-open when there are only a couple posts left, and will remain open until we have about 15 posts with questions.
  • Thread will typically re-open around a live-stream event, so if there are only a few posts left in the thread during a podcast recording, it will likely be re-opened and announced in the chat room.
  • Please limit yourself to 2-3 questions, not a long list... lots of people also want to ask something, so it's only fair to allow others in line a chance too. If you want to add lots of other text, adjust the number of questions you ask accordingly. Questions are answered in the order received, and only a few per episode.
  • Please limit yourself to one post with unanswered questions at a time. That means you get one post of 2-3 questions at a time, not several posts of 2-3 questions each. Once your questions have been answered, feel free to post more (even if the mods haven't cleaned out answered questions yet).
  • Editing of questions must be done through a moderator; you cannot edit your own. Be sure to double check your question hasn't already been asked, or your question could be removed from the queue.

Thanks for the participation...we all look forward to your questions and the crew's eventual crazy answers!
Last edited by cortjezter on 29 Apr 2007 11:41, edited 4 times in total.
cortjezter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam ID: cortjezter
Wii: 4659 4316 9119 3027
PSN: cortjezter
XBL: cortjezter

Re: GoNintendo Podcast Questions

Postby TheDreamingHawk » 06 Sep 2014 19:05

Long time GN helper here, but first time doing anything about the podcast since I just watched an episode for the first time thanks to the youtube switch.

My first question for you guys is this. Do you think Nintendo should rerelease Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue on Wii U VC? They both have a password system, and since both GBA and DS systems are hitting the VC soon, it could technically work. Would you think it would be a neat way to swap items between the two versions on the same system, like the 3DS VC release of the Zelda Oracle games?

Sincerely from a Virtual Console fan,

TheDreamingHawk

Proud Nintendo fan since N64, proud RPG fan since Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
TheDreamingHawk
Toad
Toad

NN ID: TheDreaminHawk

Postby Battlestriker123 » 09 Sep 2014 19:03

Hellooooooo podcast crew! I haven't posted a questium in a loooong time so here are a few for you guys!

1) Quick! What is your spirit Pokemon?

2) I know you guys are huge fans of video game music, but I'm wondering what are some of your favorite video game soundtracks of all time? I absolutely adore Xenoblade's soundtrack, especially that Gaur Plain music. Soooo gooooodddd unnngghghhhhh!!!

That's all for today! Keep up the great work guys :)

-Battlestriker123
Favorite Game: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)
Just Finished: Blackwell Deception (PC)
Now Playing: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS)
Follow me on MyIGN! http://people.ign.com/battlestriker123
Battlestriker123
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: Battlestriker123
3DS: 3539-8800-5372
Steam ID: Battlestriker123

Postby Luigi182 » 14 Sep 2014 12:32

Hello again, Rmc and friends! At the risk of sounding like a creepy person, I have the following questiums for ya:

1.) My first questium is for Mom Brain. She recently made a comment a few webisodes back concerning school and kids that really touched me. "Remember, for some kids, school is the only place where they can get _____ and warm meal," she said. What was the first part of that quote? I'm having a hard time remembering that and for some odd reason I keep putting in, "friendly smile" in that blank. Anyways, as a kid from a poorer family, I appreciate that there are still teachers out there like Mom Brain who understand that. Thank you!

2.) Thanks to Rmc streaming this podcast to YouTube, I can comfortably watch them from my console on my TV via the Youtube app. This has gotten my wife watching with me at times as shee too is a Nintendo fan. Anyways, as I write this, webisode 474 is done and my wife wanted to know where Mom Brain got her pink sweater with the white sheep on it. She thought is was very cool and wants to try to find one herself. So where can one procure said sweater?

3.) Finally, Rmc, where do you think gamer's taste in general are going to shift to this generation? For example, the late 90s saw a number of Rpgs, followed by a proliferation of Fps games in the early to mid 00s.

As always, keep up the good work!
Luigi182
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: Luigi182
PSN: Luigi182

Postby barkleylola » 28 Sep 2014 03:58

Hey Podcast crew,
I'm wondering how many games are on the game self behind you? What what the hardest game to add to the collection?
Keep up the good work
Thanks!
barkleylola
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Kolma » 03 Oct 2014 15:53

Hoping this gets put in one of the bigger podcasts.

If you all had cat names, what would they be?
Kolma
Tails
Tails

NN ID: Kolma528
PSN: Kolma528, KolmaJapan
XBL: Kolma

Postby darkthea » 03 Oct 2014 15:56

You said ask anything ... what are your thoughts on the Holometer Experiment.
We are in the dystopian future.
darkthea
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby joeshabadoo » 03 Oct 2014 18:09

Do you have Gonintendo businesscards?

If so, why are you such a damn sellout!?

Hugs and butt touches,
Joeshabadoo
joeshabadoo
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: joeshabadoo
3DS: 2836-0088-4966
Wii: 5996663316336506

Postby SuperGamerMan » 04 Oct 2014 12:39

Hey Rawmeat and others who may or may not be on the Podcast at the moment. I don't really post much so you may not of heard from me... I just want to say that I have never missed an episode since I've been introduced to the show back in 2011 before the 3DS came out. I'm Sorry to say that I will miss the next 10-11 episodes at least because I am about to have my world turned upside down... I enlisted in the Army and I'm going to have one of the coolest jobs I could ever dream of, dealing with computers. I leave for Basic Training early October so I will unfortunately miss out on the Smash bros launch and all the other great games coming out before the Holiday. Oh well, at least I'll have a lot to catch up on right? haha! This is easily going to be one of the biggest steps and decisions in my life to date.

So here is my question, get ready... What are some big steps you guys have taken in your lives that you are obviously comfortable with sharing?

I love you guys and I hope you never let go of the podcast, I enjoy it dearly. Just Rawmeat alone knows how to really brighten someone's day with so much optimism. Wish me luck on my new journey and I will miss you. You are almost like family and if I could write letters to you, I would because that's all we have at basic training lol! :)
SuperGamerMan
Fairy
Fairy

3DS: 0645-5755-1140
PSN: Czar015

Postby LittleKingsWii » 04 Oct 2014 21:25

Hello podcast people,

After playing such a bad joke of a game called The Letter this week. I wish I never even played it but I was curious about it. I was wondering of all the games you've played which one was the least fun any of you had in playing?
- Charlie Kelly
LittleKingsWii
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: LittleKingsWii
Wii: 6084 2806 4916 2362

Postby CHusson91 » 06 Oct 2014 09:41

Hey everyone,

Since December of last year, I've been living in Japan. Everywhere I go, I end up seeing something Nintendo related; whether it's giant Smash Bros ads in Shibuya Station or mint condition Famicom games for dirt cheap prices. I got to thinking... Do any of you ever plan on traveling here? I honestly think you would all have a blast.

By the way, it seems like wrestling is pretty popular over here. RMC's comments about wrestling convinced me to order tickets to see a World Tag League show with my girlfriend in November. Really looking forward to it!

Take care,
CHusson91
CHusson91
Fairy
Fairy

XBL: CHusson91

Postby gamefreak613 » 06 Oct 2014 13:06

Hey podcast crew!

I'll get straight to it...

here's a few questions you said I could ask ANYTHING:

1. RMC, do you find that on the release date of a major nintendo game (like smash bros. or a new major zelda title) that site traffic dips or grows for a short time? I'm wondering because I can't decide if your audience becomes more engaged with the site (on release day(s)) or less so...cause we're all off playing the game! I admit I do frequent GN less when I'm busy with a major game that just came out...

2. Have any of you been "recognized" in public during day to day activities based on your appearance on the podcast?

3. What is your favorite music from a game, and will you sing/hum/whistle a bit of it on the show?

Thanks for all the work you guys do in supporting the site and otherwise! I visit several times daily for the latest on Nintendo!
gamefreak613
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: gamefreak613

Postby martynm » 11 Oct 2014 06:30

Hiya Podcast crew and podcast crew-ettes!

With the recent demise of Official Nintendo Magazine (ONM) in the UK this week (or past month depending on if and when this question gets read) there will a lot of modern gamers and future gamers who will never appreciate the joys of owning a dedicated Nintendo publication. I, for one, will miss the magazine terribly as it gave me a coping mechanism during darker times in my life so leads me to my question-

Do you feel that younger gamers nowadays are missing out or underappreciating something in gaming that maybe older gamers used to have?
martynm
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby kartmaster » 16 Oct 2014 23:29

Hello friends! One serious question and one for fun.

You are closing in on 500 episodes (maybe past that by now). That's almost a decade and you haven't missed a single week! I'm sure there's been challenges that make it difficult to do the show at times, but you guys always get it done, seemingly no matter what. I admire such consistency. What's the secret? What keeps you coming back?

And for the serious question:

Conditions: Assume you enjoy both pepperoni and supreme frozen pizza.
You go to the freezer. There are two pepperoni pizzas and one supreme pizza. You search your soul to find you truly want a supreme pizza. However that will leave two pepperonis, eliminating the opportunity to choose your next pizza. Do you reluctantly take the pepperoni to keep your options open in the future? Or take the supreme you truly desire?

Thanks for the supreme dedication from the whole crew. Love the site and the show!
Gaming Dad
kartmaster
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Luigi182 » 26 Oct 2014 11:24

Hello again, Rmc and pod people. A few short questiums for ya this time:

1.) In Smash Bros, we all know that Rmc likes to use R.O.B. the robot often, but what about the rest of the pod cast crew?

2.) What do you think of 8 player Smash Bros and have you had a chance to try it out yourself?

3.) Do you ever wish Nintendo would release a Nintendo Museum(ala Namco Musuem series) on the WiiU eShop ...or, at the very least, the arcade versions of Popeye, Donky Kong and Punch Out!!! ?

Hope ya'll have a great day!

P.S. I agree with Mom brain on sandwich cookie debate. Sandwich cookies must have a non-cookie ingredient in between 2 or more cookies to be considered a proper sandwich cookie. Otherwise, it's just a small stack of cookies you are eating at once.
Luigi182
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: Luigi182
PSN: Luigi182

Postby kalta » 27 Oct 2014 09:24

Hello GN podcast crew I just had a single question since the cookie debate has come to an end. ( or has it? I agree with RMC, also three slices of bread DOES make a bread sandwich.)

Since it was discussed what companies would be in WWE ( EX face, heel, etc)

I submit on to thee, What Food Item would Company/Game/Person be and why?

As someone who also works at a walmart, I want to thank all of you for what you guys and gal do each week as it help me sane in an insane place. R.O.B . FOR PRESIDENT!!!
kalta
Fairy
Fairy

Postby fireman_pep » 28 Oct 2014 01:30

Hello folks!

What is the most difficult game each of you have every played?

P.S. Congrats to Mombrain for her completion of a half marathon. That's pretty freakin' awesome.
fireman_pep
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: fireman_pep

Postby r42 » 08 Nov 2014 14:00

Dearest Go Nintendo crew,

I love strategy games. I was excited when Nintendo Direct's footage of Codename S.T.E.A.M. showcased my favorite kind of gameplay: turn-based battles plus real-time action.

But when the trailer touted its pedigree as "from the makers of Fire Emblem," I started wondering: whatever happened to Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem? It was announced in a Nintendo Direct last January, and then I hadn't heard anything since. Do you know if there's any more news about it?

Random PS: I've been playing a lot of XCOM recently, so hearing Codename S.T.E.A.M. also have a feature called "Overwatch" was a bit jarring -- and on Friday, Blizzard announced a whole game called Overwatch.

Big week for a weird word.
r42
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: UnironicUnicorn
3DS: 0645-5766-8270
PSN: darro42
XBL: UnironicUnicorn

Postby aaroNiGHTS » 13 Nov 2014 01:19

I'm kind of miffed that so many press and even other people have Smash Bros so early and are posting and even gloating about it on social media. Here I am lining up at midnight while heaps of people (and often all their colleagues, friends and family) have already sunk hundreds of hours into the game and, often, outright break embargo or anonymously leak spoilers.

I'm sure I'm not the only one getting frustrated by seeing the huge numbers of leaks and all the gloating. I know the coverage must be good, but do you think there could, or should, be changes to how things are done? I'm almost wanting to skip Smash Bros or OR/AS till I can get them cheap, just because no matter what I do I can't be part of what I see as the first wave of players. But don't worry! I still love you RMC. Never stop being hairy.
aaroNiGHTS
Chocobo
Chocobo

XBL: aaroNiGHTS

Postby iMarcus » 18 Nov 2014 14:51

Hello RMC! Long time listener but this is my first time writing! Do you think Nintendo will ever release Mother/Earthbound Zero and Mother 3 to the virtual console? Mother was already made by them and translated by them a long time ago but never saw a NA release. Mother 3 has not been translated yet but the original team that made a fan translation has offered to let Nintendo use the translation they made free of charge and will even edit it free of charge. Do you think it's in the works? Maybe with SSB4 Lucas DLC? Thanks!!
iMarcus
Fairy
Fairy

Postby gybones » 20 Nov 2014 12:25

Hey everybody! Here is another question or two.

Nintendo for the last couple system launches now have packed a game along with the console. (Wii Sports with Wii and NintendoLand with Wii U). Other launch pairs that come to mind are with the SNES and Super Mario World and Virtual Boy with Mario Tennis. But it seems like it is only for home consoles.

Do you think they should try the same strategy with portables?

Which game would you have packed with the 3DS? Feel free to answer for any other console (GBA, DS, GameCube, etc.)

As always, thanks for the great podcast and site.

-gybones
gybones
Flicky
Flicky

Postby Popple » 02 Dec 2014 21:48

Hey there podcast crew! You know me, I know you so let’s get down to business.

I have a few observations that may or may not lead to a question but hopefully RMC can make a discussion out of it. Actually, my point centers around RMC. Waaaay back on Webisode 340 RMC said, “It happened to me. PLEASE don’t say the company, I don’t want to get into trouble. They wanted me to change the review and I said ’No I will not.’ And they stopped working with me for three years until they changed PR contacts.” Then, just a few weeks (or months) ago RMC discussed the weirdness around the Sonic Boom review copies and how SEGA was being shady. Through that recent discussion, RMC stated that he stopped working with SEGA for a number of years because of an event in the past. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the quote from Webisode 340 was about the same company?

Secondly, a question that RMC may or may not (might not or might not?) be able to answer. We all know that he is philosophically opposed to review scores and has been for many years - largely due to what I just mentioned. We also know that he’s a member of the staff of Nintendo Force Magazine. I’d like an honest discussion on whether or not this is a conflict of interest since NF Magazine uses scores in its reviews and RMC has written a review or two for the magazine with scores attached. Was this a topic of discussion when developing the magazine? Did RMC struggle with whether or not to join the staff based on his opposition to review scores? Again, I’m not sure if RMC can answer this due to contracts/deals he has being a NF Magazine staffer but I’m very interested to hear his candid thoughts.

That’s all for now. Until next time, stay happy and stay healthy!
This post copyright ©2014 by Popple. All rights reserved. No part of this post may be reproduced in any form without the written permission of the copyright owner. This post is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual events was done on purpose.
Popple
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: Popple
3DS: 5069-4025-8184

Return to GN Podcast