GoNintendo Podcast Questions

Questions for the staff, comments or other info relating to our beloved podcast? We will do our best to keep up with what you guys have to say. All guests welcome here :)

GoNintendo Podcast Questions

Postby cortjezter » 29 Jun 2006 16:49

You want to ask the podcast crew a question? Here's your chance...post here to have your questions answered "live" on the podcast!

• If this thread is locked, please jot yourself a note and keep checking back. It will re-open when there are only a couple posts left, and will remain open until we have about 15 posts with questions.
  • Thread will typically re-open around a live-stream event, so if there are only a few posts left in the thread during a podcast recording, it will likely be re-opened and announced in the chat room.
  • Please limit yourself to 2-3 questions, not a long list... lots of people also want to ask something, so it's only fair to allow others in line a chance too. If you want to add lots of other text, adjust the number of questions you ask accordingly. Questions are answered in the order received, and only a few per episode.
  • Please limit yourself to one post with unanswered questions at a time. That means you get one post of 2-3 questions at a time, not several posts of 2-3 questions each. Once your questions have been answered, feel free to post more (even if the mods haven't cleaned out answered questions yet).
  • Editing of questions must be done through a moderator; you cannot edit your own. Be sure to double check your question hasn't already been asked, or your question could be removed from the queue.

Thanks for the participation...we all look forward to your questions and the crew's eventual crazy answers!
Last edited by cortjezter on 29 Apr 2007 11:41, edited 4 times in total.
cortjezter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam ID: cortjezter
Wii: 4659 4316 9119 3027
PSN: cortjezter
XBL: cortjezter

Re: GoNintendo Podcast Questions

Postby Nintendoughboy » 04 Apr 2014 21:25

RMC and podcast crew!!!

Straaaaaaaaaaaaaight to the question!!!!

What is everyone's favorite item from the Zelda franchise???

Keep crushin' it - can't wait for E3!!!
Nintendoughboy
Fairy
Fairy

Postby jakeoti » 22 Apr 2014 14:00

With NES Remix 2 featuring a lot of "play this level from this franchise with a character from another franchise" remixes, I am curious if we'll see Nintendo mix up more of their characters besides Smash Bros.. If they did do another "Nintendo All-Stars" style game besides Smash Bros., what type of game would you like to see it be? (For me personally, I would love a turn-based strategy in the vein of Fire Emblem).
jakeoti
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Al Sleet » 27 Apr 2014 16:51

What's up, Pod people? So before I get to my question, I wanted to share a story with you. Not long ago I overheard the most unusual fight between a young couple in front of a pizza joint on a very busy downtown street near where I live. They looked to be in their late teens or early twenties. Also, what the guy was screaming was a little off color, but it's still podcast appropriate (maybe). The man yelled the following phrase to the girl he was with: "I shaved my ass for you! I have razor burn on my butthole!" Never before have I laughed harder at a stranger in public then I did that day. So here's my question: have you ever overheard someone saying or yelling something ridiculous, weird, inappropriate, or funny in public? And if so, can you share your stories?

Lastly, I'll leave you with another Al Sleet rumor of the week. This one is short and sweet, and unlike the others it's actually true. The other day Lube PMed me on Yahoo chat to inform me that there is a hidden chocolate factory level in the original Super Mario Bros., but you need to have a blood alcohol level of at least 0.2% to find it. So far, only he has been successful.

Until next time,
Al Sleet
Al Sleet
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: Al_Sleet

Postby gybones » 28 Apr 2014 15:24

Hey crew!

With Iwata recently (or, you know, like a month ago, depending on when you get to this question) saying that Nintendo doesn't have to only make video games, which industry would you like them to take on the most? They already used to be a great card and toy maker, so they obviously know how to just manufacture "fun" in general. Maybe Iwata was dropping some hints by mentioning household appliances? Nintendo-branded ovens, washing machines, and refrigerators confirmed.

Anyway, thanks for having the best site/podcast around. Nothing is ever gonna keep you down.

-gybones
gybones
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Luigi182 » 04 May 2014 01:30

Hello again, Captain RMC and friends! I had this funny feeling that perhaps you might want some more questium goodness, so here goes:

1.) With all the doom and gloom about the WiiU, many have said that, "we have another Gamecube generation". Personally, I feel like we have another n64 generation in that, much like the n64 we've got little 3rd party support, long gaming droughts, etc., etc. I'd like to know what the podcast crew's opinion on this is. What type of console generation is the WiiU more akin to?

2.) I know you've said no questium is out of order and I feel that perhaps this questium might spark some heated conversation, but I feel out of loop on this one: Is there some weird/bad blood between GN forum users and TheBitBlock/WiiFolderJosh? It seems like every time one of his videos/stories get posted it gets down-voted immediately and the comments section has some very heated debates.

3.) What was your very first video game, Nintendo or otherwise, that you ever played?

Like I've said before, Keep up the good work. While my work schedule these days prevents me from watching the show live, I still enjoy the podcast as soon I possibly can on Saturday nights. :D
Luigi182
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: Luigi182
PSN: Luigi182

Postby bighugesquirtle » 07 May 2014 00:50

Hey podcast crew!

I'll ask a simple question today- Which Pokemon is your favorite and why?

PS: Why isn't Kirby on the Staff/Contact page?? Dew-Ex Michelles is listed and he hasn't even been on the podcast in like four years!

Kirby Master Race reporting in.
bighugesquirtle
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Styster » 14 May 2014 09:42

Hey Podcast crew! Long time listener Styster here! Loving the podcast as always even after all these years, and still haven't missed a week!

My question is for Rawmeat: throughout the years running GoNintendo, Rawmeat has been privy to some pretty exclusive info in the past, through secret events, rumors, and friends in the industry, that he wasn't allowed to reveal. What has been some of the juiciest things you knew beforehand but weren't allowed to reveal? What have been some of the hardest for you to keep secret?

Thanks for all the great pods! Looking forward to even more.

Styster
Styster
Octorok
Octorok

Postby curbles » 15 May 2014 17:10

Item questions.
Favorite Mario series item?
Favorite Mario Kart series item?
Favorite Zelda series item?
NNID: curbles
twitter: @curbles
curbles
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: curbles

Postby WildHeartJack » 15 May 2014 20:36

Hey all you happy people I have a question, what do you guys want in the next console Zelda game? For myself I want it to be more like the original Legend of Zelda where I can explore all across the over world discovering hidden missions, finding awesome weapons, and be able to choose which temples to choose from.
WildHeartJack
Goomba
Goomba

Postby spacefighterx » 17 May 2014 11:10

Hello Podcast Crew!

It's your pal Spacefighterx here with another rousing round of questioms.
1: I currently work at a gas station and it isn't very fun. Have you guys ever had jobs you really didn't like? What jobs from video games would you like to have? Are there some that don;t sound like fun? Personally I would love to be a Digger from Megaman Legends! I loved those games and was even a part of the fan dev community for 3 but alas.
2: I know you guys have a kindle but do you prefer to have physical copies of stuff? I'm always afraid that if everything goes digital my hard-drive will crash or something. I always looked at it like if the physical copy is lost or broken all you have to do is buy it again but if all your files get wiped that's it. I suppose we'll have to see what the future holds.
3: If you had the chance to become a cyborg (either by needing replacement due to illness or accident or by choice) would you do it? (I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS)

I hope you guys are having a grand time as the weather begins to heat up and hope you all have awesome summer adventures!

This is Spacefighterx, signing of
spacefighterx
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: spacefighterx
3DS: 0259-0352-1957
Steam ID: TheExistentialistGamer
PSN: NomadicBlade

Postby Mandobardanjusik » 17 May 2014 11:21

Heya podcast crewers,

1) What your thoughts on legacy characters from previous Zelda games showing up in Hyrule Warriors, like Midna(perhaps in both forms), Impa, the Goron King from TP(cant remember his name), or even Groose?
2)What characters would you guys like to see in MK8 as DLC, both in legacy, returning, or as a newcomer, like DKJr, Funky, or Wart?
3) How would you guys react to King K.Rool being playable in SSB4, and what kind of moveset would you guys like to see?

That's all for today
Still hopeful for K.Rool, Issac, Sami, Wonder Red, and a couple others in Smash 4
Mandobardanjusik
Metool
Metool

Postby Yoshigreens » 24 May 2014 02:45

Why hello GN podcast crew, i'm a long time listener but this is my first question submission, I just could never figure out what to ask you guys that hasn't been asked already. Anywho here is my question, ive seen about 200ish podcasts and in all those I dont remember ever seeing something crazy or unexpected happening during the podcast, so my question is,
Has anything crazy, surprising, or scary ever happen during a podcast that was caught in the live show? like a bird crashing in through the window?, or a car crash outside?, or a guy breaking in to your house? or some commotion with cops or firemen outside, you know stuff along that line. The only sorta weird thing I kinda remember was when i think Lube or Kirby chased down an icecream truck that didnt want to stop for you guys, that was funny!
Yoshigreens
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: Yoshigreens
3DS: 2793-0597-4198

Postby ayanami85 » 29 May 2014 22:33

Nintendo said it was planning consoles for the third world, or emerging markets. ¿Do you thing is a good idea to have such thing as a Console for the poor and a console for the rich people? (not necessarily rich people, but for the richest countries in the world?). I live in Colombia and videogames here are very expensive, but i really feel bad if someone said, "here, this console that lacks certain features is all that you got because the real deal is left for america, japan and europe", what do you thing about this subject? How could Nintendo cater to the emerging markets without us feeling like we are second class citizens that deserve lesser versions of their consoles?

Have a good one guys, i always listen to your shows before i sleep, Raw meat voice soothes my soul.
ayanami85
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Eggmond » 08 Jun 2014 07:35

Hi Podcast crew!

At the time of posting, it is almost E3 week.... it also happens to be the week I have to of my final exams of my degree.

This frustrating clash of dates is one I have had to deal with for my entire university degree as I typically have exams on this week every year. Despite this, I have managed to always find time to fit in the Nintendo press conference in times that perhaps I should be studying or sleeping. (don't worry I will still study heaps and be well rested on the days off the exams)

My question is, what is the most important thing you have put off in favour of video games or a video game related event? Skip school to play a game? call in sick to work to watch E3? Also how do you feel about it in hindsight?

Cheers

~Eggmond
Eggmond
Site Mod
Site Mod

Postby CompC » 09 Jun 2014 02:52

Hey Podcast crew! Here's a couple of questioms:

Nintendo puts out a lot of special edition hardware. What's your favorite special edition design that you've seen? What kind of design would you like to see? My pick would be a cool 3DS featuring Gengar.

Second, what are your favorite Nintendo exclusive games, and what are your favorite games that are only available on NON-Nintendo systems?

Finally, would you rather fight a horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?

Thank you guys for being there every week since the very early days of the podcast. Keep being great!
CompC
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: MrCompC
Steam ID: CompC
PSN: CompC76

Postby OctoG123 » 19 Jun 2014 01:39

Hey podcast crew, ive never cried at a video game before so recommend me some moving or sad games. And ive already beaten Fragile; there were no tears only grimaces because of how lame and tryhard that game was.
ROLLIN AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND
OctoG123
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby Vonter » 19 Jun 2014 01:49

OctoG123 wrote:Hey podcast crew, ive never cried at a video game before so recommend me some moving or sad games. And ive already beaten Fragile; there were no tears only grimaces because of how lame and tryhard that game was.

Mother 3. :cry:
Vonter
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Vonter
3DS: 104879320952

Postby gybones » 19 Jun 2014 21:24

Hey again! If you could purchase a 3DS/Wii U/Wiimote in any color you wanted, what would would be your choice? Blood fart red? Maize yellow?

P.S. Rawmeat, you calling me an asshole because of my username is of the highest privilege. It is going on my resume. Hope you like the signature too.

-gybones
gybones
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Mandobardanjusik » 19 Jun 2014 21:48

Say, I was wondering, what do you guys think about a super scope VC? I mean that's the one area of SNES games we haven't seen, and the wii-u has quite a few control options(traditional, wii-mote pointer, gamepad gyrosenor, etc)

I think its one of the few untapped classic Nintendo game reservoirs, that is rarely referenced outside of the superscope itself in smash, and I think it would be awesome to play Yoshi's Safari with modern controls
Still hopeful for K.Rool, Issac, Sami, Wonder Red, and a couple others in Smash 4
Mandobardanjusik
Metool
Metool

Postby thrillmo » 15 Aug 2014 03:22

Hi Guys,

Bring back all the Flarps please.

Also do you guys think that next year will be a breakout year for the Wii U?

Secondly out of all the previous generations on Nintendo titles what do you guys want to see remade in HD?

Happy Flarping

Thrillmo from the Falrping Down Underverse!!!
thrillmo
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Hawk » 15 Aug 2014 03:38

Here's my question:

GoNintendo has been rather generous with promoting and posting news for indie developers. I think this is a very good thing. But lately some of these developers have been churning out extremely low-quality content. Do you think there might be a threshold at which these indies perform where they don't really deserve all the promotion they're getting?
Hawk
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby martynm » 15 Aug 2014 10:32

Hello podcast crew

*awaits response*
Long time listener and first time question person here.

Here's my question. Some of the podcast crew have said they were 'Weird Al' fans in previous podcasts but I was wondering, has anyone on the podcast listened to his latest album, Mandatory Fun? If so, what did you think of it? I personally really loved it!

Bye for now. Kiss kiss etc
martynm
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Crow » 15 Aug 2014 12:56

Id actually really like to know what everyone thinks about the fact that the biggest territory for Zelda is the only one not getting the Hyrule warriors collector set.
I know the archaic business logic behind it (and the reasoning behind that awful platinum gift this year), but its sad to see consumers being passive about, or even defending these practices that are against their interests.

Just like store exclusive bonuses are bad for the consumer, region exclusive bonuses are bad for the consumer.
Crow
Octorok
Octorok

Postby joeshabadoo » 15 Aug 2014 16:50

Hello Pod People,

It's fan of pod and pod people, Joeshabadoo, come from out of the shadowy dorkness to submit a query.

Imagine your friend has three cookies in a stack, two of them are similar and one is different. The odd cookie out is positioned in between the other two. They then claim that they've created a 'cookie sandwich'. Are they justified in using the word sandwich, or are they stupid and simply in possession of a stack of cookies?

Looking forward to that episode 500 podcast party which most certainly must happen. I'll bring cookies and stack them up! Cookies for all!

Be well
joeshabadoo
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: joeshabadoo
3DS: 2836-0088-4966
Wii: 5996663316336506

Next

Return to GN Podcast