PlanetSide 2

Tired of talking about video games? In here you can talk up ANYTHING else going on in the world or beyond...

PlanetSide 2

Postby bomblord » 08 Jan 2013 00:56

Have any of you checked it out it's free to play and on PC. It's absolutely amazing in my opinion, there are a few balance issues and some minor glitches (nothing even close to game breaking) but putting that aside it's the only game I have ever seen that has been successful at creating a (fairly)well balanced FPSMMO in a persistent real time open world.
bomblord
Shyguy
Shyguy

Re: PlanetSide 2

Postby StarStabbedMoon » 08 Jan 2013 01:28

I played it a bit in beta and I admit I had some fun with it but overall I didn't enjoy it very much. It's well made, looks great, plays well, well supported, but in the end, it's exactly as you describe: an FPS that has the distinction of being an MMO and open-world. I just can't get into or enjoy online competitive FPS games*. It'd be decent when I got playing with some people I know, but otherwise I didn't enjoy it. Not in my blood.

*Well, except for Tribes: Ascend. I love the hell out of that game, but of course I never really play it like a shooter. It's my go-to game whenever I want to momentarily forget my extreme preferences for singleplayer (and sometimes coop) experiences. There's something about getting to the top of the scoreboard with 0 kills that always is so very satisfying.
StarStabbedMoon
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: StarStabbedMoon
3DS: 1203-9212-7879
Wii: 5200 6206 5594 3458
PSN: StarStabbedMoon

Re: PlanetSide 2

Postby bomblord » 08 Jan 2013 01:32

StarStabbedMoon wrote:I played it a bit in beta and I admit I had some fun with it but overall I didn't enjoy it very much. It's well made, looks great, plays well, well supported, but in the end, it's exactly as you describe: an FPS that has the distinction of being an MMO and open-world. I just can't get into or enjoy online competitive FPS games*. It'd be decent when I got playing with some people I know, but otherwise I didn't enjoy it. Not in my blood.

*Well, except for Tribes: Ascend. I love the hell out of that game, but of course I never really play it like a shooter. It's my go-to game whenever I want to momentarily forget my extreme preferences for singleplayer (and sometimes coop) experiences. There's something about getting to the top of the scoreboard with 0 kills that always is so very satisfying.

I almost always play it with my brother, it's next to impossible to play it alone and enjoy it because nearly everyone else in the game is acting as a team or in a squad.
bomblord
Shyguy
Shyguy

Return to Random Discussions