Little things that annoy you

Tired of talking about video games? In here you can talk up ANYTHING else going on in the world or beyond...

Little things that annoy you

Postby Eternal Rain » 24 Jun 2013 02:22

In other words, a "pet peeves" thread. Because why not? (no "huge" annoyances like TSA or stuff like that, which would be a whole other can of worms)

-People who talk while eating
Not just because it's "rude," but also because 1) I can barely understand what you're saying (which happens with a certain family member I know and no matter how many times I tell him this he keeps doing it, constantly annoying me), and 2) I just can't stand that weird... "click" noise people make with their mouth while eating and talking at the same time (like not enough food in the mouth to sound muffled, but still "smacking"). For example there's an episode or two of Game Grumps I just can't watch because Jon and Arin do that for like half of the episode (eating candy while recording or something) and it makes me cringe in a "nails on chalkboard" type fashion.

-Cockroaches
Heh yeah a literal "little things" that annoy me. Probably the one animal where I question its existence. Just what the heck purpose does the cockroach serve to the environment? All it does is go around and spread disease. They look gross and even their name makes them sound gross... "roach." It's one of those odd times where I sometimes think that both religious people and scientific people can go "why does this thing exist?!" (not being completely serious on that last sentence, please for the love of everything do NOT start a religion vs. science debate or else I'll ask for this to get locked)
Eternal Rain
Boo
Boo

Re: Little things that annoy you

Postby Zanreo » 24 Jun 2013 05:04

- Most loud high-pitched sounds, and beeping sounds. I just can't stand them, they've very annoying to listen to. I'm sensitive to sound and those sounds just make me stressed out if I hear them too much.
Zanreo
Metool
Metool

NN ID: Zanreo
3DS: 4167-5254-5483
Steam ID: Zanreo
PSN: Zanreo

Postby GustyGardens » 24 Jun 2013 09:07

Loud noises for no apparent reason.
There's a person in my office that does this...a lot. Instead of just setting a stapler on the table like normal person, it sounds as if she's building a shelf for each and every item. Also, she's loud when she types. I can hear her in my office with the door closed!

I'm a person that values silence. Excessive noise is one way to get on my bad side.
Some people choose to stand in the rain without an umbrella.
GustyGardens
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: GustyGardens
3DS: 4339-2474-1976
PSN: GustyGardens

Postby bellboy » 24 Jun 2013 10:13

Wooping audiences. I can live with 'em. Mostly. But they are just unbearable at times. Cheering? Lovely! Stamping feet? Obnoxious but OK. Applause? Classic!
But why the hell do you need to bark/howl? Obnoxious but... heck it's just plain obnoxious.
bellboy
Metool
Metool

NN ID: bellboy64
XBL: Madaman64

Postby mock turtle » 24 Jun 2013 10:29

While cockroaches are pretty awful, much like spiders (which are even more awful) they are important for the environment. If cockroaches went extinct, it would cause animals such as mice and rats to die off in great numbers, though they almost certainly wouldn't go extinct. This, in turn, would cause the numbers of animals who feed on them, such as all sorts of cats, wolves, coyotes, countless types of birds and reptiles, etc, to drop significantly, and this would ultimately cause problems regarding the things we depend on them for. Furthermore, cockroaches eat decaying matter, which contains nitrogen that otherwise doesn't get reused. They -- there's no good way to say this -- defecate the nitrogen, which is absorbed by plants; remove the cockroaches, you remove the nitrogen, and you subsequently remove the plants. So, yes, cockroaches: icky, but essential.

Back on topic, though, most things that annoy me are big things, but I'll think of a few. When the buttons on my DualShock 3 controller stick. Having to change batteries or recharge something. Phone calls that aren't for me. Walking to classes. Amanda Bynes. Not being able to get back to sleep after using the restroom in the middle of the night. People who use the word "jelly" in place of "jealous." The fact that Family Guy can't seem to write a good episode to save its life anymore.

I guess that's actually a pretty respectable list.
Last edited by mock turtle on 26 Jun 2013 09:56, edited 1 time in total.
mock turtle
Flicky
Flicky

Postby LSF22 » 24 Jun 2013 15:30

People who stand in the middle of the aisle at a store talking and ignoring the people that need to get through.

People asking for prayers on Facebook for the dumbest shovel. Sure, want to ask people to pray for your sick mother, thats cool. Want to ask people to pray so you can sell your car? STFU.

One more Facebook thing. People who post a courageous or heartfelt story or message and then at the end it says something like "97% of my friends wont repost this, but 3% will. Which one are you?" It's annoying. It's a great story and i get the message, but why are you trying to guilt everyone into reposting.

(Btw, I rarely use Facebook, but when i do that is 80% of my news feed, and it gets old)
LSF22
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: LionsFan
XBL: xxLSF22xx

Postby Eternal Rain » 24 Jun 2013 17:36

Oh I just remembered another. People who add hashtags to everything (or "the number sign" which is this sign here: #). Twitter itself is not something that bothers me, but I hate it when people feel the need to add a hashtag to everything in an effort to try and get something to "trend." Even freaking musicians are resorting to adding hashtags to their song titles as a cheap way to make sure the song trends on social media sites like Twitter (will.i.am and Mariah Carey being major offenders right now).
Eternal Rain
Boo
Boo

Postby MegaMan64 » 24 Jun 2013 18:04

Can't think of a lot right now, but I really dislike when you can hear someone breathing. Like when they are breathing through their nose, yet you can still hear it. Idk, it bugs me.

Feel free to add me on your 3DS. PM me if u do. Also got a Wii U now, so add me as well and PM me!
MegaMan64
Metool
Metool

NN ID: Nerps64
3DS: 4596-9581-6101
Steam ID: SuperObjection64
PSN: SuperSpy12

Postby TheLastBlade » 24 Jun 2013 19:20

People getting off subject of something. Man, I've seen a lot of boards that talk about vs. something or which is better. Yet there's that one person that says something unrelated to the board. And that really pisses me off.
You know what I love about being Spiderman?

Everything.
TheLastBlade
Boo
Boo

Postby bellboy » 24 Jun 2013 21:57

TheLastBlade wrote:People getting off subject of something. Man, I've seen a lot of boards that talk about vs. something or which is better. Yet there's that one person that says something unrelated to the board. And that really pisses me off.

Yeah, I agree with that.
On top of that I'd like to give a special mention to the self-entitled people that tend to do stuff like that. De-railing. It's often when they feel they're being "victimised" when they're really the ones that make it all about them in a kind of emo way.

I'm not saying it's strictly them but as an example, there's been more than a few bronies out there that have done that on a few YouTube videos I've seen. Ones that have have absolutely NOTHING at all to do with the show. It ends in a long tussle spanning pages of comments before finally the author intervenes and blocks them entirely.

I'm gonna stop now before I rant much more. (Even though I kind of want to.)
Spoiler:
You think of one thing and you get reminded of another thing to add and I'm quite bad at that unfortunately.
bellboy
Metool
Metool

NN ID: bellboy64
XBL: Madaman64

Postby Jon » 24 Jun 2013 23:08

Long lines
People who stand in front of doors chatting but don't go through
People who stand still on moving walkways
I guess those 3 are kinda related
Jon
Flicky
Flicky

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 25 Jun 2013 06:00

Fleas.

I'm not even a Cat or Dog yet they won't leave my legs alone! I can't even walk outside my own backyard without seeing the horror show that unfolds. D`: (I blame my sister for not washing her dogs enough.) :evil:
Innovation is a funny thing in gaming... Do too much and you alienate fans of the genre, but don't do enough and you're blamed for making the same ol' game.Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
Wii: 3983-9278-9384-2345
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby Jaminov » 01 Jul 2013 19:40

There are lots of things, but the first thing that comes to mind is the sound of ripping paper, especially construction paper. I hate the feel of it too.
Jaminov
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Berrix » 01 Jul 2013 22:10

Those wonderful people who need to stand side by side with enough people to pretty much block your way for anything.

It's just asking for a public invitation to play Red Rover.
Berrix
Toad
Toad

NN ID: Paraka
PSN: Moardawtz

Postby Devil_Rising » 01 Jul 2013 22:51

Nerds arguing over graphics and tech specs ad nauseum on internet forums. :lol:
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
Devil_Rising
Plumber
Plumber

NN ID: Godzilla1981
PSN: AwesomeFukenGuy

Postby TheDreamingHawk » 01 Jul 2013 23:24

The fact that people compare obscure games to games like action 52 or superman 64.

No seriously, people do that. In fact people are doing it on the vegas stakes miiverse community

Proud Nintendo fan since N64, proud RPG fan since Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
TheDreamingHawk
Metool
Metool

NN ID: TheDreaminHawk

Postby HammerGalladeBro » 23 Jul 2013 17:47

I got one.
*People that ask a lot of redundant (or otherwise, obvious) questions. My mom actually does this to the point it gets really annoying.
Last edited by HammerGalladeBro on 23 Jul 2013 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
Top 10 SSB4 wishlist: Little Mac, Lip, King K. Rool, Pac-Man, Isaac, Alice, Bomberman, Satoru, Wonder Red, Chase McCain (yes, I'm serious)
HammerGalladeBro
Boo
Boo

NN ID: AHammerGalladeB
Wii: 2969 2823 0139 0622

Postby cortjezter » 23 Jul 2013 21:30

an extension of hammer's: people who post obvious or simple questions to comments/forums and wait for a reply rather than take 10 seconds to do a google search. 99/100 times that's what anyone answering on the forum will do anyway.
cortjezter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steam ID: cortjezter
Wii: 4659 4316 9119 3027
PSN: cortjezter
XBL: cortjezter

Postby Jirachi » 28 Jul 2013 22:02

People that nitpick is what i hate.
My favorite zelda game is Twilight Princess and Jirachi is my favorite pokemon <3 skype:SSBBKING

Jirachi
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: Jirachifan
3DS: 1848-1701-2271
Wii: 5376-4745-6865-7604
PSN: TCDFTW
XBL: N and 360 fan

Postby TheKeeseEffect » 28 Jul 2013 23:42

- People that say the Roman Numeral for ten (X) as the letter 'X' instead of saying 10, in a title of a video game (but I guess it works with all mediums), RMC does this a lot and it pisses me off.
- Stupid people in general, but that's an obvious one.
- Children... because they scream a lot.
- People who don't use proper grammer when writing/typing.
- People who complain about RPGs being confusing and difficult, and to a lesser extent, being intimidated by the length, scope or depth in a video game.

That's not it but let's keep it short.
TheKeeseEffect
Goomba
Goomba

3DS: 0619-3225-0273

Postby pokemaster515 » 30 Jul 2013 21:36

The word "GAMER". It really gets me how so many people act so pretentious over the title Gamer. Like what exactly does that title even gain them anyway? It's a stupid label about an entertainment medium and you're going to let that define your way of living? Like playing video games all day is something to be overtly proud of. They get so angry when people bring up games they say aren't 'hardcore' enough, like mobile or facebook games, and say "You're not a REAL gamer! >:(((((((". I play games a lot but I wouldn't let that define the person that I am, as it is not all I do.

A post I read on another site put it much better than I could when they said, "The stereotype [that comes with the word gamer] is a pretty unappealing one, and what upside is there? You get to act smug? That's nothing! Who ever needed an excuse to be smug!?"
pokemaster515
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: PKThunder
3DS: 1805-2174-0951

Return to Random Discussions