Games you think people should/shouldnt play

Tired of talking about video games? In here you can talk up ANYTHING else going on in the world or beyond...

Games you think people should/shouldnt play

Postby TheLastBlade » 06 Oct 2011 22:21

What games you think people should play?
Mines is:

Should- okami wii (though the controls are bad)
Shouldn't- ...... Other M..... Just the name is only a rent....
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Re: Games you think people should/shouldnt play

Postby Tingle » 06 Oct 2011 22:52

Should: Pikmin
Shouldn't: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2
Tingle, Tingle, Kooloo-Limpah!
Tingle
Shyguy
Shyguy

Wii: 0479 5174 4230 5861

Postby CrispyGoomba » 06 Oct 2011 23:05

Should: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

Shouldn't: Carnival Games (Would've said Other M as well)
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: CrispyGoomba
3DS: 0688-5315-1722
Wii: 1198-2138-8210-1532
XBL: CrispyGoomba

Postby mock turtle » 07 Oct 2011 13:14

Are we limiting this to games on Nintendo systems? If so, for should, Klonoa for the Wii. It's a beautiful game that sold about 5 copies, and waaaaay more people should've bought/played it. If not, then Bayonetta... It's only my favorite game ever.

Shouldn't: The Munchables. Anything good you might've heard about it is a lie. Also Final Fantasy II (the real one), I hated that game.
mock turtle
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby thresholdXCI » 08 Oct 2011 22:12

TheLastBlade wrote:Should- okami wii (though the controls are bad)

Definitely agree. Controls were a pain in the arse sometimes, but the game as a whole was a great experience.

Should: The World Ends with You. If not the best, then at least the most memorable thing I've known to have come out of Japan this gen, Nintendo games included.

Shouldn't: Maybe my standards are low, but I can't remember the last game I've flat out not enjoyed. Lock's Quest was a bit boring though.
thresholdXCI
Site Mod
Site Mod

Wii: 4073 2409 9869 0324
PSN: jw_XCI

Postby mock turtle » 08 Oct 2011 23:15

I thought that the only problem with Okami's controls were related to using the swords in combat, which I never did anyway.
mock turtle
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Skull-Kid » 11 Oct 2011 07:14

Should: World of Goo
Shouldn't: Other M
Skull-Kid
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby karkashan » 11 Oct 2011 13:18

Should: Other M
Shouldn't: Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Gravity Man is the coolest Robot Master on the planet. Trufax.

Well, to me anyway.
karkashan
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

PSN: karkashan

Postby HammerGalladeBro » 31 Dec 2012 23:39

Should: Magical Starsign (such underrated old school-style RPG)
Shouldn't: Children of Mana
Random, useless Trivia: The Wii U GamePad fits in a big pocket, do I recommend you to do so? NO!
HammerGalladeBro
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: AHammerGalladeB
Steam ID: HammerGalladeBro
Wii: 2969 2823 0139 0622

Postby Jirachi » 01 Jan 2013 00:12

I'm probably gonna get flamed to hell for this but paper mario sticker star.
Another game is atlier merumeru on ps3 i don't like how they force you do side quests that take several days to do,and give you a really short time limit,or gameover.
btw both are shouldn't.
Last edited by Jirachi on 02 Jan 2013 19:49, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite zelda game is Twilight Princess and Jirachi is my favorite pokemon <3 skype:SSBBKING

My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR-OCE ... a9XCznbJ6A
Jirachi
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Jirachifan
3DS: 1848-1701-2271
Wii: 5376-4745-6865-7604
PSN: TCDFTW
XBL: N and 360 fan

Postby KingBroly » 01 Jan 2013 00:35

Great Topic

Should: Xenoblade Chronicles

SHOULD NOT EVER EVER EVER IN A TRILLION INFINITE YEARS TRY, RENT, PURCHASE, BORROW, ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GET IN THE VICINITY OF YOUR PERSON OR PERSONAL SPACE OR LIGHT YEARS FROM YOUR PERSONAL SPACE EVER EVER EVER INFINITY: Metroid - Other M

Spoiler:
you knew it was coming
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby YoshiRider123 » 01 Jan 2013 01:39

Should: Xenoblade Chronicles
Shouldn't: Mario Pinball Land
ImageImage
YoshiRider123
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: YoshiRider123
3DS: 2234-7518-2554
Wii: 7089-5120-7410-8507

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 01 Jan 2013 02:23

Should: Super Mario All Stars

Shouldn't: Mario Party 8

(My GOD that game is garbage compared to Mario Parties' 1 - 7 imo :P )
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby nGen » 01 Jan 2013 03:22

Should: A Boy and his Blob
Shouldn't: Nightsky (Seriously, don't waste your money.)
Any objections lady?
nGen
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

3DS: 1633-4277-3240
Wii: 8216060320213884

Postby Eternal Rain » 01 Jan 2013 04:35

(apologies in advance for grammar or spelling mistakes, typed this late at night and didn't proofread, and at the time of typing this I really need to just hit the hay)

Should- Battalion Wars 2
Whenever people talked about underrated gems on the Wii, this is one that's very often overlooked, even criminally so, because while everyone will mention gems like Zack and Wiki, this game, which actually was released during the same time frame, is so overlooked it never makes those lists ("run on sentences, because I couldn't think of a proper way to break it up"). The game is of course a sequel to the original "Battalion Wars" for the Gamecube, a alternate take on Nintendo's "Wars" series of strategy games. While most games in this series are turn based strategy games like Fire Emblem, these games combined RTS elements with third person shooting and controllable vehicles. The first game was good, but still had plenty of room for improvement. This is where I feel the sequel really shines, as it feels like a great example of "even better sequel." It keeps everything that was good in the first game like the multiple units you can control and varying maps, but also adds many more RTS elements, like being able to capture bases and gain extra resources, control multiple nations (first game stuck mainly to one, only using another for bonus missions), and the addition of sea and air units (I admit my memories of the first game are slightly fuzzy, but I'm fairly certain it didn't have any of that).

The game also made good use of the Wii remote for commanding units and using IR aiming for the third person shooting. Odd thing to mention, but the game also turned an annoying character from the first game into a much better character this time around (forgot her name, sadly, all I know is that the first game she might as well been named "military commander Barbie," but the second game made her more of a straight up action girl with a new look and new VA). Combine all of this with a fun story that doesn't take itself completely seriously, and it was just a fun game all around. The game even leaves itself open for the possibility of sequels. It's a shame the game pretty much bombed sales wise (only sold over 300,000 copies over a FIVE year period, never even got a "Nintendo Selects" re-release like some other 2007 Nintendo releases), because I really want to see a Battalion Wars 3 on the Wii U. I guess we could still get a good ol' Advance Wars game, but I feel that it's more likely we'll be seeing it on the 3DS.

Shouldn't play- Spyro: Year of the Dragonfly
Yep I'm gonna harp on a game that's now over a decade old. You know how Broly is always hating on Other M? Well... this game is MY Other M. I was a big fan of the Spyro games that Insomniac made for the PS1, and of course couldn't wait for the fourth game. Sure it wasn't being made by Insomniac, but it did still have the same composer as the first three games so part of me was hopeful that maybe it was also being worked on by at least a few other Insomniac devs. Unfortunately it looks like the composer was the only returning staff member. To make matters worse, Sierra, the game's publisher, forced the game to be rushed out for the Christmas season in 2002, so as a result planned content like the return of Gnasty Gnorc, many more levels and power ups, and fixes to the load times and graphics were never implemented. Of course... at the time I did not know any of this. I was just an ignorant 12 year old who was eagerly awaiting both this game and Wind Waker. Take a really good guess which game ended up being bad, and which one was good. Needless to say, I was glad Wind Waker came out later so that way I could rid myself of the disappointment Spyro 4 left me with. Poor level design, poor graphics, story was abysmal (hey the first three games weren't exactly award winners story wise either, but at least those games had satisfying ones anyway), ending was crappy as hell, new power ups were underutilized, and the game has LOADING SCREENS FOR THE LOADING SCREENS! You heard me right. Worst part was that this was a birthday gift, so I couldn't just tell my parents how much I hated the game, because I was worried I'd seem ungrateful (heck they even got me TimeSplitters 2 as an early birthday gift just a month before).

So yeah... my loathing for this game is probably on par with what Broly feels about Other M, so at least he and I have THAT in common (even if I like Other M).
Eternal Rain
Toad
Toad

Postby wiiarebrothers » 01 Jan 2013 05:05

Should : Pandora's Tower . I know it's hard to play it if you're not from EU/JP. But yeah, if you're from these areas, try it. Great soundtrack. Good level design and gameplay. It's not the best game ever. It's not the best game on Wii. For non-Nintendo system, probably Journey : it's 100% pure exploration. I love that :O

Shouldn't : I don't know :) you should try as much games as you can :D
Worst game I played lately was ... ugh probably Space Marines on the 360. I really regret even touching the controller. That game is terrible >_> well, the name alone should have warned me.
wiiarebrothers
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: wiiarebrothers
3DS: 3866-7995-7423
Wii: 2865-2186-3272-4357

Postby PatrickTheHuman » 01 Jan 2013 05:22

I'll make mine less obvious choices.
Should: The Spongebob Movie/Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom/Anamaniacs: The Great Edgar Hunt are all really great platformers for the GameCube. They also have great writing that are true to the shows and I also think that they're all the original voice actors, or at least good imitators. Anamaniacs might be hard to find though, never seen a copy in the wild since I got mine.
Shouldn't: Spyro: Year of the Dragonfly. It's basically the Sonic 06 of the Spyro series, surprised I was beat to it!
PatrickTheHuman
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: PatrickTheHuman
3DS: 0259-0444-2571
PSN: Patthehuman
XBL: PatTheHuman64

Postby Magolor » 01 Jan 2013 05:41

Should: Any Professor Layton game (except for EU last specter, without London Life all you can play is the surprisingly mediocre main game) and Sonic Racing Transformed, which defied all my expectaions and delivered a rather well made kart racer with some nice characters in the roster, such as Gilius Thunderhead from Golden Axe (playing as him is almost enough to make me forget about the turgid Golden Axe: Beast Rider.)

Shouldn't: Most of them already mentioned (I was like 6 years old and even then I realised that Enter the Dragonfly was unfinished) and a game called ModNation Racers for the PS3, it delivers nothing that the game actually promised, and in general feels subpar, with the camera WAY to close to your kart and the inability to fire backwards making being in first place feel boring.
Oh, and since I mentioned it earlier, Golden Axe: Beast Rider, that game was somehow even more boring than Golden Axe 3
Magolor
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: MagolorTheGreat
Steam ID: FlakkTheGreat

Postby CM30 » 02 Jan 2013 17:32

Should: Considering I mostly play well known games, this is hard to say. But probably Wario Land Shake It. It's not everyone's idea of a good game, but it's a decent enough 2D platformer with some nice graphics and music that sold way, way less copies than it probably should have.

Shouldn't: None, some people might like the games I don't.
Nintendo 3DS Community, a Nintendo 3DS forum

Die hard Mario fan, writer for various Nintendo sites and person whose probably played the most Wario Land 4.
CM30
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

3DS: 4983-5165-4189

Postby SgtFly » 02 Jan 2013 21:13

Should: The Last Story. A little too overlooked for having the best story and battle system to come out of an RPG in years.

Shouldn't: Super Mario 3D Land. It looks like a neat and refreshing game at first, but ultimately it's just another uninspiring Mario game that isn't quite worth the price it demands.
SgtFly
Flicky
Flicky

Postby CrispyGoomba » 03 Jan 2013 00:18

SgtFly wrote:Shouldn't: Super Mario 3D Land. It looks like a neat and refreshing game at first, but ultimately it's just another uninspiring Mario game that isn't quite worth the price it demands.

I think the exact opposite. If anything, New Super Mario Bros. 2 should be the "shouldn't". But everyone has their opinion...
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: CrispyGoomba
3DS: 0688-5315-1722
Wii: 1198-2138-8210-1532
XBL: CrispyGoomba

Postby Jerome » 03 Jan 2013 01:00

Should: I don't play that many obscure games, but one that seems a bit under-appreciated is Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (though the PS2 version is fairly buggy and blurry). Probably the best action-oriented Indiana Jones game ever made. Shame all the rest of them have been so poor.

Shouldn't: Games with lots of realistic graphic violence and gore.
Last edited by Jerome on 03 Jan 2013 03:18, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome
Octorok
Octorok

Postby Jirachi » 03 Jan 2013 01:04

Since my last post was two games i said people shouldn't play i'm gonna do one last post recommending two games you should.

Radiant Historia(my favorite ds game)
And either Dragon Quest V or IX(5 is my dq favorite 9 is a close seconds)
My favorite zelda game is Twilight Princess and Jirachi is my favorite pokemon <3 skype:SSBBKING

My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR-OCE ... a9XCznbJ6A
Jirachi
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Jirachifan
3DS: 1848-1701-2271
Wii: 5376-4745-6865-7604
PSN: TCDFTW
XBL: N and 360 fan

Postby TheLastBlade » 03 Jan 2013 01:30

Hey guys, you know what you shouldn't play?

- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Sonic 06
- Sonic unleashed

God these games are terrible... Shadow the Hedgehog is one of the worst video game spin offs EVER. Sonic 06 is just BAD.... Superman 64 BAD. Nothing in that game is good at all. If you think it's a good game, then you're a bunch of tw@ts. Sonic unleashed created all the BS 2.5D to 3D segments and a speed boost that makes you crash like a car. Be wary people.....
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby PatrickTheHuman » 03 Jan 2013 02:47

TheLastBlade wrote:Sonic unleashed created all the BS 2.5D to 3D segments and a speed boost that makes you crash like a car. Be wary people.....

I actually like Unleashed, I don't mind the 2.5D to 3D sections and the boost gameplay, plus on the Wii/PS2 version you fight the final boss Punch-Out style. The werehog is terribly slow though, it's not bad, just not want you want when you buy a Sonic game.
PatrickTheHuman
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: PatrickTheHuman
3DS: 0259-0444-2571
PSN: Patthehuman
XBL: PatTheHuman64

Next

Return to Random Discussions