Games you think people should/shouldnt play

Tired of talking about video games? In here you can talk up ANYTHING else going on in the world or beyond...

Re: Games you think people should/shouldnt play

Postby MegaShock100 » 14 Jan 2013 17:47

TheLastBlade wrote:Thanks for being that other fan trying to use that "it's too hard" excuse.

Well, if you don't like it, than man up and climb the stairway to manhood! 8)

Sticker Star was underwhelming, but at least people weren't stuck with boring block puzzles

Right, you are just stuck with puzzles that require trial-and-error or boring backtracking to artificially increase length and difficulty. That's sooo much better than arcade-puzzle gameplay that requires on-the-fly reflexes and brainpower, with multiple routes with different rewards and consequences, and also the ability to save yourself from tight situations is you're skilled and smart enough. Of course I can understand if you like former better, cause in those puzzles you don't actually need any brains or skills, just time.

a story in which involves a tool trying to know the difference between loyalty and freedom

The story's not so amazing as I said in my above post and in the GOTY2012 thread, but it's alright cause I'm not a tool who plays games for story.

Plus, in any case, it's miles better than some crap about a sticker comet and giant goats biting the screen and Toads sticking to each other and making a ladder so!

load times just so the music can catch up with the game

Yeah, that's a problem, but only during the story parts. Doesn't make the entire game bad so try harder. Funny you talk about load times, but consider Last Story alright despite being rife with technical problems.
Last edited by MegaShock100 on 19 Mar 2013 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
MegaShock100
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Cassidy » 14 Jan 2013 17:59

@MegaShock100 Did you at least read my post? I made valid points as to what was wrong with Sticker Star and used a boss battle as a example. Or is that not good enough and I have to post more?
Cassidy
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: KingCassidy
3DS: 4854-6597-5917
Steam ID: Morbid Safety

Postby TheLastBlade » 14 Jan 2013 19:11

@MegaShock100

.... Did you even pay attention to what I just said? There's always those types of fans that think I hate the game for just one thing. I like how you make the gameplay sound smarter than it actually is. The gameplay rewards the player with stuff they dont give a crap about.... Unless they're those type of people watching very bad anime. You know, I don't want to play a game with a lot of bad stuff. Example being almost the entire persona series, a lot of their terrible dugeon crawling games, and especially a game where it loads at the exact same place the player left off.
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby MegaShock100 » 15 Jan 2013 17:03

Cassidy wrote:@MegaShock100 Did you at least read my post? I made valid points as to what was wrong with Sticker Star and used a boss battle as a example. Or is that not good enough and I have to post more?

Uh what? I don't like Sticker Star and I endorse your post. :| Read my posts again.

.... Did you even pay attention to what I just said?

Kinda hard when you didn't say much! On the other hand, did YOU pay attention to what I said???

There's always those types of fans that think I hate the game for just one thing.

Well, that's pretty much what you said! Story is not the most important thing and you haven't said jack about the puzzle gameplay other than "hurr is sux (because I actually suck at games!)". All you have left is loading screens.

I like how you make the gameplay sound smarter than it actually is.

That's better than anything you've said about the gameplay, which is... OH WAIT, nothing at all!

The gameplay rewards the player with stuff they dont give a crap about....

Wtf are you on about? What kind of reward do you want other than beating the game? Or did you expect a hand to pop out and spoon-feed you Ferrero Rochers? :lol:

Unless they're those type of people watching very bad anime

You mean like Coyboy Beebop? That anime was shi++y and pissed me off!

^My TheLastBlade impression. See, anyone can whine and scream like 12-years-old without explaining anything.

You know, I don't want to play a game with a lot of bad stuff. Example being almost the entire persona series, a lot of their terrible dugeon crawling games, and especially a game where it loads at the exact same place the player left off.

Listen, I'm not a fan of a lot of Atlus in-house games as well, but I have reasons for that. I'm not just some angry and angsty dude who hates the world cause it's edgy and dark and makes me feel like a badass rebel. Atlus has developed a few decent games like Nocturne and, yeah, Catherine. And they've published plenty of amazing games like Dodonpachi, one of the most perfect games in the existance of game history. For a guy who hates Persona 3, you sure act like the characters in that game! :lol:
MegaShock100
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby TheDreamingHawk » 18 Feb 2013 15:50

I don't think the basic gamer should even touch Xenoblade. I'm intending this toward guys like me who aren't RPG addicts and play them for the experience instead of the graphics. While it LOOKS good and sounds great, it seemed so boring, and the story made no sense... I can't personally believe people FOUGHT for this game... Though Last story was worth the fighting. But for now, I'll stick to my PMD!

Proud Nintendo fan since N64, proud RPG fan since Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
TheDreamingHawk
Toad
Toad

NN ID: TheDreaminHawk

Postby TheLastBlade » 19 Feb 2013 01:58

I have another game people shouldn't play: The entire Disgaea series.... Seriously, the game prides itself with the fact that you can go level 9999 (apparently, nippon ichi is still obsessed with their ***** over 9000 joke). The problem: you have to do annoying grinding by replaying levels for a LONG time. And that's not even the worse part. You have to constantly worry about stupid **** like geo cubes, grabbing people, and every other thing that makes it so BORING! The stories in those games aren't anything to write home about, since it's based off of bad anime. It has long replays sure, but it's not good when the game has you do a lot of this garbage. It's Final Fantasy Tactics, but without the fun and drags out the mechanics to the point that it becomes a chore.
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby candyroberts » 26 Feb 2013 13:19

Definitely a sound Shouldn't was Space Marines!

And i definitely love Wario Land Shake It
candyroberts
Fairy
Fairy

Previous

Return to Random Discussions