Games to suck in 2013.

Tired of talking about video games? In here you can talk up ANYTHING else going on in the world or beyond...

Games to suck in 2013.

Postby TheLastBlade » 22 Nov 2012 03:51

What games you predict will suck in 2013? Now before people go in and say "Don't judge it until you try it!", let's be honest, there are games that look like shi+ .

I predict..... DMC. No seriously, the demo was BAD. The writing was bad and the combat was just plain AWFUL.
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Re: Games to suck in 2013.

Postby MoldyClay » 22 Nov 2012 09:16

I don't see how the combat was any different from the previous DMC games honestly.

Other than the horrible writing (which was done on purpose to be like a horrible demographic), I enjoyed the demo. Not sure what was bad about the combat at all. And you don't get to upgrade, so we don't know what else there is.
MoldyClay
Pikachu
Pikachu

NN ID: frothyjazz54
3DS: 3050-8737-8491
Steam ID: frothyjazz
Wii: 5586 1294 0421 8289
PSN: moldyclay
XBL: MoldyClay87

Postby BlueBerryShadow » 11 Feb 2013 01:54

TheLastBlade wrote:What games you predict will suck in 2013? Now before people go in and say "Don't judge it until you try it!", let's be honest, there are games that look like shi+ .

I predict..... DMC. No seriously, the demo was BAD. The writing was bad and the combat was just plain AWFUL.

Honestly, the DMC series failed, when they made DMC 4. Should have just left it at DMC 3, and ended the series. Capcom, has killed its two major brands for me, Resident Evil, and Devil May Cry. :( Sad sad days. But about the actual topic, the games for 2013, can't be worse than they have since 2006... :P Skipped the entire last generation, PS3, 360, and PS3, just getting myself back into gaming. Hopefully their game quality, and diversity has increased.
BlueBerryShadow
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: BlueBerryShadow

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 11 Feb 2013 03:11

If its released this year somehow, I'm gonna predict that the next 3D Mario will suck. (well for me at least)

It'll be made using assets from the Galaxy games so they can get it out on the Wii U quicker. Its gonna be a mix between 3D Land and Galaxy. Little to no exploration. One way path set towards the star. You'll start out with an infinite amount of 1-UPs. Its basicly gonna feel like a Super Mario Galaxy 3. Just not set in space. I can't wait!!! :|
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby TheLastBlade » 11 Feb 2013 04:44

So incidentally, that mgr revengence thing is coming..... Never have I played a demo that's conflicted to which genre it wants to be. Can't tell if it's supposed to be a stealth game, cuz the stealth mechanics are ******. The combat apparently relies on slow mo and quick time events. And there's actually some areas in the game that lock you onto a specific location and just battle them till they're dead.... Yep, sounds like a game platinum games would make.
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby Sammet » 11 Feb 2013 06:32

That official Walking Dead game looks awful.
PM me and I'll add you to my 3DS - feel free to add my NNID for WiiU too!
Sammet
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: Samwiise
3DS: 0817-3844-7533
Wii: 6169 7599 9537 5328

Postby ddddd » 11 Feb 2013 09:27

Mirr0rR3flection wrote:If its released this year somehow, I'm gonna predict that the next 3D Mario will suck. (well for me at least)

It'll be made using assets from the Galaxy games so they can get it out on the Wii U quicker. Its gonna be a mix between 3D Land and Galaxy. Little to no exploration. One way path set towards the star. You'll start out with an infinite amount of 1-UPs. Its basicly gonna feel like a Super Mario Galaxy 3. Just not set in space. I can't wait!!! :|

I feel the same unfortunately. The Galaxy style is here to stay, it sells well, its cheap to make and critics seem to love it.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby J0RdAnN » 11 Feb 2013 11:11

What's so bad about Galaxy? sure the design is more linear, but thats not bad.
Trying to collect all Vivillon in Y/X. Please PM me you have any of the patterns listed below and are willing to trade them.
Icy Snow, Tundra, Archipelago, High Plains, Sandstorm, River, Monsoon, Ocean, Savannah, Jungle
J0RdAnN
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Lemjor10
3DS: 2921-9232-5448

Postby CM30 » 11 Feb 2013 11:33

I don't think the inevitable 3D Mario game on Wii U will suck. After all, they need to take advantage of the increased tech power somehow, so I suspect this might be a good excuse to bring back the Mario 64/Sunshine style 3D level design.

I am worried a bit more about the Wii U/3DS Metroid and Zelda games though. The former because I worry they might not drop the stuff from Other M that sucked in that game, and the latter because I fear Nintendo don't know what they're doing with the series any more and don't realise that the games need to just get rid of the gimmicks and crazyness and go back to being actual action adventure titles.
Nintendo 3DS Community, a Nintendo 3DS forum

Die hard Mario fan, writer for various Nintendo sites and person whose probably played the most Wario Land 4.
CM30
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

3DS: 4983-5165-4189

Postby mariomaniac45213 » 11 Feb 2013 13:10

Woah Galaxy games are some of the greatest games of all time. I would gladly accept the next 3D Mario however it turns out, nothing can suck as bad as the "New" games. That being said NSMBU does look pretty fun/better level design and more creative than the past 3 but still....

Also DMC is the best DMC. The past DMC's are terrible. They have not aged well. The dialog may suck but IMO it's not as corny and cheesy as the old games. The combat is better and the platforming is pretty well done. People still mad about the Dante look change? Get over it, they released a costume pack for you so you can your precious old Dante back!
Last edited by mariomaniac45213 on 11 Feb 2013 16:14, edited 2 times in total.
Finally got a PS3 sooo add me if you want. :)
mariomaniac45213
Toad
Toad

Wii: 0257-0866-8958-0148
PSN: TheDestructo1994
XBL: TheDestructo94

Postby belmontlegacy » 11 Feb 2013 14:19

I think Gears of War Judgement isn't needed. Whatever iteration of Call of Duty they put out this year needs to die before it starts. Same with Assassin's Creed.
belmontlegacy
Shyguy
Shyguy

XBL: The Ahnold

Postby ddddd » 11 Feb 2013 14:53

J0RdAnN wrote:What's so bad about Galaxy? sure the design is more linear, but thats not bad.

They are perfectly well done, but they last one or two walkthroughts and thats it. Their ultra-lineal A -> B design makes them very restrictive and scripted. Take SM64 and SMS for example, there are fewer worlds but you get to see them more, finding secret paths, fulfilling the objectives in multiple ways (this is particulary true in SM64 since you can acquire stars in different order).
Pretty much a preference thing.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby MegaShock100 » 11 Feb 2013 15:09

Wow lot of shovel-posting in this thread. Everyone knows tlb is GN's biggest trolling shovel-poster so I'm not even gonna bother with him. But the other two:

BlueBerryShadow wrote:Honestly, the DMC series failed, when they made DMC 4.

And by failed you mean by far the best game in the series, right? If not, than you're wrong plain and simple. And games have plenty of variety even more so than the "golden age" of JRPGs and overrated old-skool junk. It's not the medium's problem you're only focused on CoD and Halo.

mariomaniac45213 wrote:Also DMC is the best DMC. The past DMC's are terrible. They have not aged well. The dialog may suck but IMO it's not as corny and cheesy as the old games. The combat is better and the platforming is pretty well done. People still mad about the Dante look change? Get over it, they released a costume pack for you so you can your precious old Dante back!

Lmao, what a casual poser. First of, it's DmC, NOT DMC. DMC is Devil May Cry, the original amazing game, one of the first of it's kind, giving new meaning to 3D action games.

And what would you know about the past DMC's combat? For that matter, what do you even know about action games in general? Probably nothing! :lol:

Not aged well? Lol right, DMC4 released only 4 years ago has apparently not aged well. :lol: Listen, games like these were never meant to be played by casuals, so if you pick it up and got your butt handed to you, is not meaning that the game has aged badly. (If is not obvious what I'm getting at, let me give it to you straight-up: I'm saying YOU SUCK!)

Dante's look? Hilarious there are still morons that think that's what fans are pissed about. Yeah, donte is dumb and ugly, but that is only a small part of the reason. I could go on and explain in complex detail why the combat system is awful, but people like you are not worth the time because your brains just wouldn't understand (and I already did, but the thread was deleted).

The combat is simplified casual GoW dreck designed to appeal to the "wider audience" (aka people who suck at games, i.e. people that DMC series was never meant for). Platforming is badly scripted QTEs. The entire game is for people who value style over substance, and horrible style at that. I don't understand why if you all wanted some braindead action game, you didn't just buy GoW collection or play Wii Sports Resort sword-fighting instead of ruining one of the best series ever.

I challenge you to actually articulate why DmC is the "best" and why the past games have "not aged well" and what is so "well done" about the platoforming. Not just challenge, I dare you.

I'm glad there are still, at least one voices of reason in the mudhole that is video games journalism:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... deo-games/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... deo-games/

Good game, Erik Kain.

Anyway, games that will suck in 2013:

DmC is already out and it sucks
Ni no Kuni looks indredibly boring, only worth playing for the cutscenes (and the character designs, but these are in the guides and art book)

Can't think of anything else atm. There will be plenty of bad games like the new GoW and some tripple A blockbuster garbage and artistic drivel, but for games that interest me for one reason of another, only Ni no Kuni looks like it'll be bland. I thought Anarchy Reigns would suck, and at first that's what I did thought, but now I realize this game is AMAZING. The best multiplayer game next to Smash Bros. and Power Stone.
Last edited by MegaShock100 on 11 Feb 2013 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
MegaShock100
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby JD » 11 Feb 2013 15:52

ddddd wrote:
J0RdAnN wrote:What's so bad about Galaxy? sure the design is more linear, but thats not bad.

They are perfectly well done, but they last one or two walkthroughts and thats it. Their ultra-lineal A -> B design makes them very restrictive and scripted. Take SM64 and SMS for example, there are fewer worlds but you get to see them more, finding secret paths, fulfilling the objectives in multiple ways (this is particulary true in SM64 since you can acquire stars in different order).

Definitely a preference thing, because there's an obvious flaw in the way SM64 and SMS: too much mindless wandering.

The Galaxy games were more like the classic 2D Mario games; the path was largely scripted, but getting from point A to point B was a genuine challenge. But in the open-world game-play of the earlier 3D Mario games, you could wind up wandering about aimlessly at times... fun for a while, but ultimately quite annoying (and boring) if you didn't know where to go next.
mariomaniac45213 wrote:Woah Galaxy games are some of the greatest games of all time. I would gladly accept the next 3D Mario however it turns out nothing can suck as bad as the "New" games. That being said NSMBU does look pretty fun/better level design and more creative than the past 3 but still....

Also DMC is the best DMC. The past DMC's are terrible. They have not aged well. The dialog may suck but IMO it's not as corny and cheesy as the old games. The combat is better and the platforming is pretty well done. People still mad about the Dante look change? Get over it, they released a costume pack for you so you can your precious old Dante back!

As someone who played and greatly disliked New Super 1 and New Super Wii, so much that I skipped on New Super 2, I'd like to think I could assure you that New Super U is indeed a far superior game! The game gave me a real Super Mario 3 feeling when I played it. Stages are quick and numerous, but become really challenging really fast!

As for the DMC series... I've played one and two, but quit soon after starting... I always found the combat repetitive and boring myself... not good games as far as I can tell.
JD
Boo
Boo

NN ID: J.D.

Postby ddddd » 11 Feb 2013 18:02

JD wrote:
ddddd wrote:

Definitely a preference thing, because there's an obvious flaw in the way SM64 and SMS: too much mindless wandering.

The Galaxy games were more like the classic 2D Mario games; the path was largely scripted, but getting from point A to point B was a genuine challenge. But in the open-world game-play of the earlier 3D Mario games, you could wind up wandering about aimlessly at times... fun for a while, but ultimately quite annoying (and boring) if you didn't know where to go next.

Well, thats where the preference thing comes in. I didn't find most of the worlds of either SM64 or SMS that confusing to navigate. Its the maze-like levels and the blue coin hunt where the games really get annoying. There is also the fact that the galaxy games have improved gameplay, physics, and checkpoint systems; features that could have made the exploration of SM64 and SMS much more user friendly and less frustrating.
I'd like to add, that I see one critical area where the galaxy games are better, and it is that they have much more platforming (the important thing in a mainline Mario game). There is a lot of walking, climbing and catwalks in SM64, and it seems SMS tried to fix this, but the gameplay of the galaxies really is platform oriented and better done overall.
I dont see why Nintendo wouldn't be able to marry the two styles in an open-world full-platforming game. That is, if they wanted to.
Last edited by ddddd on 11 Feb 2013 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 11 Feb 2013 18:22

ddddd wrote:I feel the same unfortunately. The Galaxy style is here to stay, it sells well, its cheap to make and critics seem to love it.

Sad but true. )`:

@ddddd said it best. Its great as a one time experience but its not worth replaying imo. I'm gonna guess most of you played it once or twice (counting Luigi) then never touched the game again. :|

I found the first experience magical. *¬*

I sold it, then later rebought it to prepare for Galaxy 2.

The second time around I saw its flaws and now hate it. :mrgreen:

So in total I've played this LINEARTASTIC game 4 times. (counting the Luigi playthroughs)

JD wrote:Definitely a preference thing, because there's an obvious flaw in the way SM64 and SMS: too much mindless wandering. In the open-world game-play of the earlier 3D Mario games, you could wind up wandering about aimlessly at times... fun for a while, but ultimately quite annoying (and boring) if you didn't know where to go next.

Exploration is a flaw? Well if it is then I'd say the linearity of these newer games is also a flaw since it hurts its replay value. Btw getting lost is the persons fault if they couldn't read the objective to get the star. And yes I suppose its a preference thing brought about thanks to the first 3D Mario.

JD wrote:The Galaxy games were more like the classic 2D Mario games; the path was largely scripted, but getting from point A to point B was a genuine challenge.

And a genuine challenge couldn't be found in the 3D games before it? Plus I'd like to mention that I like my Mario games to feel different. If I wanted a 2D Mario feel to my games I'd go play the older ones or just play the Newer 2.5 Mario games. What I expect from a 3D Mario game is openness, no restrictions, exploring ways to reach your goal. Why? Cause you know its in 3D. Theres a lot more that can be done there than in 2D so I hate seeing wasted potential go to waste. ;)

JD wrote:As someone who played and greatly disliked New Super 1 and New Super Wii, so much that I skipped on New Super 2, I'd like to think I could assure you that New Super U is indeed a far superior game! The game gave me a real Super Mario 3 feeling when I played it. Stages are quick and numerous, but become really challenging really fast!

I found all the NSMB games to be ok for what they were. I haven't yet beaten NSMBU cause of how quickly I can finish it so I'm taking a slow approach with this one. Plus there isn't much for me to do once I beat the main game. Though outside it theres boost mode and challenge mode which I'm loving. :)
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Return to Random Discussions