Wii U - OS Features Wish List

Home of Zidane's (and others') weekly polls, games and other interactive content.

Wii U - OS Features Wish List

Postby MisterOpinionHead » 31 Dec 2012 01:37

If Nintendo chooses to refine and enhance the Wii U OS with future updates, what fixes, enhancements, or new functionality would you like to see?

- Fix for occasional hard freezes that require power cord to be unplugged
- Ability to save web images
- Image gallery w/ Facebook and Twitter integration
- Animated loading screens
- Ability to save highlighted text (or all the text from a web page being viewed in the browser) to a text file. This would allow me to save text files of public domain novels, strategy guide walkthroughs, etc. to the Wii U.
- Simple ebook / text reader that supports pdf, txt, rtf, doc, common ebook formats, and text files saved from Wii U web browser.
- Ability to use front camera on gamepad to take pictures
- Ability to use pictures taken with built-in camera in miiverse posts
- Addition of a sports sub-channel for TVii in Miiverse so that the general TVii channel isn't constantly dominated by sports talk
- After you are in a Miiverse channel and you view the thread for a single post (that post plus all of the comments responding to it), Miiverse takes you all the way back to top of that channel - even though you may have just spent 30 minutes working your way down the list. It should put you back where you were.
- Ability to jump ahead in a channel's posts by date and by increment (Jump ahead by 50 posts, 100 posts, 1000, 10,000, etc.) A linear list with only forward and backward capabilities isn't adequate when there are 27,000 or more posts in a channel. Especially when clicking on any post will end up kicking you back to the top of the list.)
- Miiverse Channels for Nintendo-related topics that aren't Wii U games. For example: Wii U Help, Wii U suggestions, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Animated Series, Club Nintendo, etc. It would also be nice to have special weekly Channels where you can pose questions for a well known Nintendo employee, and then read their answers a week later and have them left up permanently in an Ask Nintendo archive.
- Ability for users to request new Miiverse channels, which will then be added whenever the requests for that channel reach a pre-set threshhold.
- In TVii, tag conversations should persist. And the system should auto-generate a new tag and comment thread for any program, episode, or movie the first time that someone accesses it and wants to leave a comment. So when I call up an obscure series, I can perhaps see what other TVii users had to say about it. Not everyone watches only new Top 100 series on their very first airing. I think the problem may be that they are trying to vet every single post on TVii like they do on Miiverse. In the case of TVii, that severely limits usefulness. By allowing TVii to integrate all movies and programs, they've already introduced content that some parents consider objectionable - so why obsess on user comments in this case? System can self-moderate by auto-deleting posts that are reported multiple times.
- In eShop, when you open a screenshot you should be able to swipe or use stick/thumbpad to scroll full-size images horizontally and view them one after another. Right now, you have to press image to bring up back button. But back button isn't always responsive, and if you press it more than once by accident, it kicks you all the way out of the store.
- Ability to choose which games appear on your wara wara plaza rather than basing it on popularity or using it as a marketing too. If I don't like many of the games displayed, I'm not going to be interested in seeing comments about them. And I'm not going to suddenly buy them. If they make just two of the channels random, that would accomplish their cross-marketing goals.
MisterOpinionHead
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

3DS: 1160-9716-5702

Re: Wii U - OS Features Wish List

Postby Omegavertebra » 31 Dec 2012 17:35

Uh, things I'd like would be catch-up to other consoles:

- Notifications System: Instead of a silly LED light-up for when something happens; how about on-screen notifications for when a friend goes online and offline, when you receive a friend request, when you receive a game invite, when you receive a invite to private/group voice chat, and when you receive a new private message.

- Private/Group Chat: Like Xbox Live's Party Chat (and Private Chat), you'll be able to talk to friends across games.

- A 'hot-swap' version of Wii U Chat: Kind of self-explanatory.

- Faster Loading Times: Uh, duh.
Omegavertebra
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: The12thGripper
3DS: 1246-8708-3348
PSN: The12thGripper
XBL: The12thGripper

Postby ddddd » 31 Dec 2012 18:23

-Offline multimedia playback: DVD and BR is a pipe dream of mine, but besides those, audio, images and video playback from the hard drive and sd cards.

-Saving web bookmarks on the homescreen.

-Threads and subforums on miiverse.

-Custom made comunities on miiverse (for clans and stuff like that)

-Same befriending system across both miiverse and the friends app.

-Installing retail games onto the hard drive or internal memory to reduce the stress of the disc drive.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby jirjdjd » 16 Apr 2013 04:06

I don't understand these. But I do want to buy one.
jirjdjd
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Trutrutru » 16 Apr 2013 16:16

- Faster loading times
- speech to text using the microphone in the gamepad, for when you don't want to tap out a longer post.
- ability to crop pics you upload to miiverse as well as download pics people post.
- Add more hairstyles, eyes, lips, accessories etc. to mii maker.
- More poses for mii maker pics, as well as group photos.
- speed up game loading times by installing a portion on a hardrive or system memory (optional)
- Right now, everything is set up as an app. For example going into your wiiu settings. Some of the more important stuff should be more seamless to access. Kinda like how the ps3 more or less gives you quick access to settings and what not, some of the more important wiiu stuff should be loaded up/setup that way.
- ability to doodle over mii pics
- ability to doodle over in-game pics you upload. Pic gets uploaded with your doodle or whatever over it. Good for explaining stuff about the pic and or drawing viewers attention to something in the pic.
- make a new "check mii out" channel so people can more easily show off and share some of their miis.
- any mii I set as being able to share, people should be able to access to copy when they view my profile.
- picture app. Have a gallery or set up slideshows with pics moved into the system either via sd card or downloaded off the web browser.
- ability to play music off your system or sd card while playing any game that allows this option.
- improve the taking a pic to create a mii feature. (gives everyone the same face more or less when I use it; make it more accurate)
- a little more customization in the layout. maybe the ability to make your own theme or something
Trutrutru
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Trutrutru » 16 Apr 2013 16:18

ddddd wrote:-Offline multimedia playback: DVD and BR is a pipe dream of mine, but besides those, audio, images and video playback from the hard drive and sd cards.

-Saving web bookmarks on the homescreen.

-Threads and subforums on miiverse.

-Custom made comunities on miiverse (for clans and stuff like that)

-Same befriending system across both miiverse and the friends app.

-Installing retail games onto the hard drive or internal memory to reduce the stress of the disc drive.

yeah..don't see dvd or bluray playback happening...but I completely agree with everything else..especially the custom made communities on miiverse
Trutrutru
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Peachy » 26 May 2013 22:18

- Better touchscreen typing software (Auto capitals etc.)
- Miiverse doesn't need character restrictions, it's not twitter!
- Drawing App like the one seen in the first Wii U demo release video (drawing Link).
Peachy
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby mikurotoro » 27 May 2013 05:29

Two words for ya, Wii Channels!!! I want new and old channels on the Wii U! It would also attract casual gamers who loved the Wii! It's a win-win situation!!! And Miiverse could even be implemented into an exsisting channel like the Check Mii Out channel or Mii channel for example.
Up,Down,Open,Close...
mikurotoro
Goomba
Goomba

Wii: 0313 0812 5201 7342
PSN: mainpatr

Return to Polls & Interactive Threads