Analyst says Call of Duty: Black Ops II's first-year sale...

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Analyst says Call of Duty: Black Ops II's first-year sale...

Postby robometal cowboy » 29 Nov 2012 15:36

Analyst says Call of Duty: Black Ops II's first-year sales could be down 15%
Click Here to View Story

"We believe unit sales of Call of Duty: Black Ops II are tracking down double digits year-over-year. Our checks show initial sales of CoD: Black Ops II at some retailers were down as much as 20 percent. Subsequently, it appears sales of CoD did pick up a bit over the Thanksgiving holiday. We think the current sales curve suggests CoD: Black Ops II unit sales in its first year could ultimately be down 10 percent to 15 percent year-over-year.

If we are right, this would be the second year in a row this critical franchise will have seen units decline (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is down an estimated 5 percent versus Call of Duty: Black Ops). We estimate CoD generates 40 percent to 45 percent of the company's EBIT on an annual basis and it goes without saying that weakness in this franchise is a cause for concern." - Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia

Here we go, the beginning of the end for Call of Duty. When Activision drives all their big-name franchises into the ground, what will happen then? Guitar Hero is already dead, with Call of Duty slowly digging that same grave.

link
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Re: Analyst says Call of Duty: Black Ops II's first-year sal

Postby mdluffy » 29 Nov 2012 15:47

Well that's a shame, I am really enjoying Blops II (my first cod)
mdluffy
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: hattori

Postby CorusFace » 29 Nov 2012 15:48

i know there are a lot of haters out there, but.... i hope cod doesn't kill itself. i got black ops 2 for the u, and i haven't enjoyed a cod title this much since the original mw reflex edition came out for the wii! it's renewed my excitement for the series.
CorusFace
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby internet » 29 Nov 2012 16:01

oh no , they'll only sell a bit less
i'm actually looking forward to the first coop fps on a nintendo platform , even it's only the zombie mode
internet
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby Hadrian » 29 Nov 2012 16:39

lol you talk like it's going to die with these sales! These sales still eclipse many titles and makes more profit in one week then most do in their lifetime! It has made more profit than most pieces of entertainment.

I actually see this title as one of the best entries and I've liked that they actually bothered with the campaign this time and changed things a little here and there, this time around it feels a lot less on rails and more like the first two games...though it is a bit too Hollywood for my liking still. I hope Infinity Ward (if those rumours about the next one being yet another MW game) don't kill the good work and slight advances in gameplay (for the series) that Treyarch have done with BOII.

What could be best for this series is to take next year off and then get this to debut on the next consoles, new engine and more development time to really the campaign mode to a good length.
Hadrian
Fairy
Fairy

Analyst says Call of Duty: Black Ops II's first-year sales c

Postby TheLastBlade » 29 Nov 2012 18:41

This is like guitar hero.... Excellent.
It's my stage now!
TheLastBlade
Toad
Toad

Postby bearded OTP » 01 Dec 2012 03:21

The game (read: ALL of them), are laggy messes. I gave up the series after MW3, always being a second behind everyone else just isn't fun.

I might pick it up for Vita or Wii u...portable bots could be fun, but NOT at $60!

Activision should take their Lag Comp an shove it where the sun don't shine!
Don't sit there and peek around the corner and ask me stupid questions when I'm playing a video game like 'who's winning?' I'M winning. that's all you need to know.
bearded OTP
Goomba
Goomba

3DS: 2320-6357-8902
PSN: bearded_OTP
XBL: Bearded OTP

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion