Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 - review

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Postby robometal cowboy » 03 Dec 2012 16:25

Click Here to View Story

A portion of a C3 review...

In the absence of Wii Fit U alone, this offering from Ubisoft would have been perfect, but so impressive is the package that it deserves to stand proud as one of the best fitness products on the market at the moment and is a great alternative for those that loved Wii Fit Plus. Looking to get ahead of the pack before the Christmas pounds pile on? Then be sure to take Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 for a run!

Full review here
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Re: Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 - review

Postby MisterOpinionHead » 03 Dec 2012 18:01

I'm really enjoying Fitness Evolved 2013, and having the digital version removes one additional barrier to meeting my weekly program requirements (since all i have to do is click the icon, and not swap discs.) I really look silly as I try to learn each new move, but it's also fun and you can immediately feel that you are really getting a good workout. By the end of a two-part routine, my heart is racing, i'm panting, and at least one set of muscles is too tired to do any more. But just like a good trainer would do, when you choose a program (mine is one month) and a goal (weight loss, toning, muscle building, etc.) your virtual trainer will work on different muscle zones each day so that your muscles have time to heal and rebuild.

my only complaint is that there are a lot of different types of things to do, but not a whole lot of any one of them. Most importantly, there are only about 5 songs total for the dance activity (as far as i can tell so far). it's the funnest activity, but there's not much to it musically. even though there are extended routines you can unlock that feature different moves, it really gets boring hearing the same 4 or 5 songs every day in the dance mode. An easy way to fix this which would increase profits and not increase development costs would be to offer new downloadable songs which each include their own workout routine, which they could get away with selling for $2 or $3 each. I wonder if that's a possibility, I never played the other versions on other platforms, so I'm not sure if DLC was an option before.
MisterOpinionHead
Goomba
Goomba

3DS: 1160-9716-5702

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion