Wii Mini - another unboxing video

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Postby robometal cowboy » 14 Dec 2012 23:19

Click Here to View Story
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Re: Wii Mini - another unboxing video

Postby kartmaster » 14 Dec 2012 23:52

I want one! I can't explain why I want one, but I do!
Gaming Dad
kartmaster
Goomba
Goomba

Postby WesFX » 15 Dec 2012 00:26

This could have been so much more/less.
WesFX
Boo
Boo

NN ID: WesFX7
Wii: 5451 3702 0833 3757

Postby Jerome » 15 Dec 2012 05:44

WesFX wrote:This could have been so much more/less.

Okay, I get the "more" part, as they've gutted every semi-modern console feature*, but what do you mean by less? The only reasonable way I think this system could have been diminished is in its size, as it's not as small as it could have been.

*And some not-so-modern ones. Seriously, you can't even transfer your save files from another system, and you could do that with the Playstation, which was released almost 20 years ago. :shock:
Last edited by Jerome on 15 Dec 2012 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome
Octorok
Octorok

Postby Underqwertyuiop » 15 Dec 2012 09:31

I see it as like a starter system. Like if your 4-year old wants a game console, the Wii mini has all they'd need which is to play Wii games and not much else. Clearly not targeted at us. It does look cool though. :P
Underqwertyuiop
Fairy
Fairy

Postby jraics » 15 Dec 2012 13:35

Is Audrey really small, cuz that Wii Mini didn't seem so mini...
jraics
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Jerome » 15 Dec 2012 16:00

Underqwertyuiop wrote:I see it as like a starter system. Like if your 4-year old wants a game console, the Wii mini has all they'd need which is to play Wii games and not much else. Clearly not targeted at us.

Well, I guess I could understand that to a degree, but they've gone beyond that into repulsive territory. Seriously, every game that you play on this thing will have to be started from scratch because you can't import save files. For Pete's sake, NES games let you continue your game on other systems, this has got to be the most backward decision I've ever seen a console company make. I have a nice little 14-inch CRT TV, and if I could get this thing for dirt cheap, I might have picked one up possibly, but the inability to import game data is just insulting and makes me totally uninterested. The amount of features they've taken out of this thing honestly makes it seem overpriced at $100, and at $130 with two games, the current system is a far better value, even for new buyers.

This system isn't just "not for us", it's waving a big 'ol red flag saying KEEP AWAY. And why? Because Nintendo wanted to save a few pennies. I can understand the need to cut costs, especially in tough times, but this is absurd. Also, if this thing sells decently to people who don't know better, Nintendo will likely get rid of the older (better) design and sell this exclusively. I guess I'd better grab an extra non-gimped Wii while I still can.
Jerome
Octorok
Octorok

Postby Autosaver » 16 Dec 2012 21:32

LOL. I love how she has the "cute gamer" attitude.
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Autosaver

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion