Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $300

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $300

Postby robometal cowboy » 26 Dec 2012 14:57

Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $300
Click Here to View Story




Check out the deal here

Link
User avatar
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot
 
Posts: 43208
Joined: 13 Dec 2009 00:23

Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $300

Postby jasonmaivia » 26 Dec 2012 15:04

Instant savings right there. You're going to need an external hard drive anyway (the 32GB with the Black Deluxe set isn't very much at all for larger games). I'd be a better deal if it were another game instead of Nintendo Land.
User avatar
jasonmaivia
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant
 
Posts: 261
Joined: 23 May 2009 00:43
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
NN ID: JasonMaivia
Wii: 0413 6199 9387 2979

Re: Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $30

Postby OutToLunch » 26 Dec 2012 15:28

hmmm... Perhaps this is in response to the tepid demand for the Wii U basic units. Not a particularly good sign to be honest.
OutToLunch
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 0
Joined: 10 Apr 2012 01:07

Re: Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $30

Postby quicklynow » 26 Dec 2012 15:29

Here in Europe they're starting to slash the premium bundle with ~$100. I honestly think they have some very rough years ahead of them if it flopping right out of the gate like this.
quicklynow
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 0
Joined: 02 Jun 2009 08:56

Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $300

Postby CrispyGoomba » 26 Dec 2012 15:34

I'm sure they're doing this as a special since sales after the holidays aren't so 'hot'.
User avatar
CrispyGoomba
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
 
Posts: 422
Joined: 11 Aug 2011 02:41
Location: Arkansas
NN ID: CrispyGoomba
3DS: 0688-5315-1722
Wii: 1198-2138-8210-1532
XBL: CrispyGoomba

Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $300

Postby LegendofSantiago » 26 Dec 2012 16:01

The wii u is selling well in the US and Japan, for the most part. Reports indicate that people don't really want the basic bundle. Also, if anyone wants nintendo land they would get the premium wii u since it would be cheaper. So I imagine to move more basic wii us and to move the retail copies of nintendo land best buy is bundling them together. No doom and gloom needed
User avatar
LegendofSantiago
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Jan 2012 10:15

Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $300

Postby WesFX » 26 Dec 2012 16:02

Oh you rascals, offering this after "the season" is over.
User avatar
WesFX
Metool
Metool
 
Posts: 318
Joined: 16 Feb 2009 04:36
NN ID: WesFX7
Wii: 5451 3702 0833 3757

Re: Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $30

Postby coffeewithchess » 26 Dec 2012 16:10

LegendofSantiago wrote:The wii u is selling well in the US and Japan, for the most part. Reports indicate that people don't really want the basic bundle. Also, if anyone wants nintendo land they would get the premium wii u since it would be cheaper. So I imagine to move more basic wii us and to move the retail copies of nintendo land best buy is bundling them together. No doom and gloom needed


What numbers are you looking at for the US? I haven't seen any official numbers showing sales in regions yet. LINK?

I just know that I have seen Wii U units sitting on shelves the weekend before Christmas, and the Wii could not be found on a shelf for 2-ish years in our area.
http://www.coffeewithgames.com/
Drinking coffee, playing games...
User avatar
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo
 
Posts: 630
Joined: 23 Feb 2008 01:47
Location: North Carolina
NN ID: Coffees
Wii: 6546-4207-4091-0847
PSN: Hoj_Latte

Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $300

Postby t27duck » 26 Dec 2012 16:15

There were SOOOOOOOOOOO many WiiU Basic boxes just sitting around at all the stores near me. A couple Premium here and there too.

Really, I'm not expecting very good numbers from this holiday season. Nintendo's got a big problem on their hands.
Image
I'm available, ladies!!!
User avatar
t27duck
Keymaster
Keymaster
 
Posts: 1248
Joined: 19 Apr 2006 08:53
Location: Indiana, USA
3DS: 068853513150
XBL: t527duck

Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $300

Postby zyxion1 » 26 Dec 2012 16:22

Uh..yeah 450,000 units in the U.S sold! Where have YOU been? Its selling well here and Japan is doing pretty well too. It amazes me people make these comments and didn't even bother to Google it (because everything doesn't need a link) <_<
Non Specific Action Figure is my HERO!
User avatar
zyxion1
Chocobo
Chocobo
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 21 Feb 2012 15:14
3DS: 2019-9664-4648
Wii: 8339-2401-8307-3297

Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $300

Postby Serpent_Seed » 26 Dec 2012 16:34

As much as I want the Deluxe I could settle for basic since I wanted Nintendo Land. I did like the 32GB hard drive but now that I think about, I was going to get an external hard drive anyways. I'm going to get my Wii U with some kind of sale. Preferably at Gamestop since I nearly have enough points to get a $50 off certificate.
I loved, i lost, and i saw boobies. what more can a man ask for?
This is the last time I'm going to tell you! Get out of here right now Gohan!
User avatar
Serpent_Seed
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant
 
Posts: 229
Joined: 07 May 2011 18:38
3DS: 3695-0028-7339
Wii: 7872 0081 7284 9070
PSN: SerpentSeed

Re: Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $30

Postby Autosaver » 26 Dec 2012 16:38

To be fair, they kind of are right that the Basic Bundle is in less demand.

Premium has been sold out everywhere, and gets sold out instantly when it comes back in stock. Basic on the other hand has been in stock for a while but more people want a premium set.
User avatar
Autosaver
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
 
Posts: 433
Joined: 25 Feb 2010 19:54
NN ID: Autosaver

Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $300

Postby LegendofSantiago » 26 Dec 2012 16:46

@coffeewithchess if you exclude UK, all reports have the wii u selling less than the wii (which is to be expected) but more than the ps360. All things considered that's pretty good. Also, anyone saying that they still see some on shelves it's because Nintendo has been restocking continuously. Some reports indicate daily restocks for major chains. I'm not expecting wii levels of success, but I still see it selling well
Edit: from my personal experience, no one seems to want the basic version. On launch day all the gamestops in Puerto Rico were sold out, the only place that had any was toys r us (which is where I got mine) all the early birds that wanted one had to be there an hour before the store opened. The store sold out of available units 30 minutes before it opened. The only guy who had a white wii u was buying a second wii u...and it was the black one
Last edited by LegendofSantiago on 26 Dec 2012 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
LegendofSantiago
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Jan 2012 10:15

Re: Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $30

Postby joeshabadoo » 26 Dec 2012 16:53

the basic bundle was always kinda never a great buy. this doesn't surprise me. standard incentive
User avatar
joeshabadoo
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
 
Posts: 415
Joined: 09 Jan 2008 15:52
NN ID: joeshabadoo
3DS: 2836-0088-4966
Wii: 5996663316336506

Re: Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $30

Postby coffeewithchess » 26 Dec 2012 17:02

zyxion1 wrote:Uh..yeah 450,000 units in the U.S sold! Where have YOU been? Its selling well here and Japan is doing pretty well too. It amazes me people make these comments and didn't even bother to Google it (because everything doesn't need a link) <_<


Why would I Google it, there aren't confirmed numbers for December? He may have a subscription to NPD data though, and knows the inside numbers so far. I look at news daily on most of these things. He said it selling well, and I know what it sold in November, but there are no confirmed numbers for December; so saying it is selling well is speculation at this point for December and the evidence of this bundle I think suggests the Basic set is having problems at the very least. There haven't been any confirmed numbers recently, and if the Basic was selling well, this bundle wouldn't be necessary. I didn't say anything about Japan, I asked about the US and numbers specifically for it.

I understand it's very regional for systems, with Japan doing extremely well for the 3DS right now, but I think the Wii U is going to be very interesting to watch (I like numbers data), because the U.S. (North America) is the only big region that didn't get a Wii U bundle at launch, and I thought the U.S. commercials were pretty terrible. As for the bundles, I'm specifically talking about Europe and Japan with third party games, ZombiU and Monster Hunter.
http://www.coffeewithgames.com/
Drinking coffee, playing games...
User avatar
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo
 
Posts: 630
Joined: 23 Feb 2008 01:47
Location: North Carolina
NN ID: Coffees
Wii: 6546-4207-4091-0847
PSN: Hoj_Latte

Re: Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $30

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 26 Dec 2012 17:12

I'm having feelings of regret…

D`:
Innovation is a funny thing in gaming... Do too much and you alienate fans of the genre, but don't do enough and you're blamed for making the same ol' game.Image
User avatar
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: 25 Mar 2011 01:10
Location: The World Beyond This And That
NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
Wii: 3983-9278-9384-2345
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Re: Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $30

Postby coffeewithchess » 26 Dec 2012 17:27

Mirr0rR3flection wrote:I'm having feelings of regret…

D`:


Did you buy the Basic set? I mean, I could understand this happening in February maybe...but not right after Christmas.
http://www.coffeewithgames.com/
Drinking coffee, playing games...
User avatar
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo
 
Posts: 630
Joined: 23 Feb 2008 01:47
Location: North Carolina
NN ID: Coffees
Wii: 6546-4207-4091-0847
PSN: Hoj_Latte

Re: Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $30

Postby Mike_Intellivision » 26 Dec 2012 17:45

Some thoughts.


First of all, the only place I saw a big stash of basic units was Best Buy, so I wind if it gambled on people wanting it in white.

Second, it is nice seeing some company do something WiiU related.

Third, I guess this means that Black Ops 2 was a failure on the PS3 and Xbox 360 since GameStop has those versions -- BUT not the WiiU version -- on sale this week.

Mike from Morgantown
Mike from Morgantown

(PM me if younwould like to be WiiU friends .
... I know that sounds strange at best but I am looking to fill out my friends list.)
User avatar
Mike_Intellivision
Goomba
Goomba
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 05 Nov 2010 11:59
Location: Morgantown, WV
NN ID: Mike_INTV
Wii: 1624-6601-1126-1492

Re: Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $30

Postby M1 » 26 Dec 2012 18:17

coffeewithchess wrote:
zyxion1 wrote:Uh..yeah 450,000 units in the U.S sold! Where have YOU been? Its selling well here and Japan is doing pretty well too. It amazes me people make these comments and didn't even bother to Google it (because everything doesn't need a link) <_<


Why would I Google it, there aren't confirmed numbers for December? He may have a subscription to NPD data though, and knows the inside numbers so far. I look at news daily on most of these things. He said it selling well, and I know what it sold in November, but there are no confirmed numbers for December; so saying it is selling well is speculation at this point for December and the evidence of this bundle I think suggests the Basic set is having problems at the very least. There haven't been any confirmed numbers recently, and if the Basic was selling well, this bundle wouldn't be necessary. I didn't say anything about Japan, I asked about the US and numbers specifically for it.

I understand it's very regional for systems, with Japan doing extremely well for the 3DS right now, but I think the Wii U is going to be very interesting to watch (I like numbers data), because the U.S. (North America) is the only big region that didn't get a Wii U bundle at launch, and I thought the U.S. commercials were pretty terrible. As for the bundles, I'm specifically talking about Europe and Japan with third party games, ZombiU and Monster Hunter.


December numbers do not get released until January 3rd.

The numbers he gave were the NA launch numbers.
Wii U also sold a another ~300k for Black Friday weekend.
(both number sets had press statements).

Wii U should be over 1 million with the December NPD in January.

Also NA was the only region to get the Nintendo Land bundle, while the others had the third party bundles.
M1 is no more...
User avatar
M1
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 0
Joined: 02 Mar 2012 14:20

Re: Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $30

Postby coffeewithchess » 26 Dec 2012 18:41

M1 wrote:December numbers do not get released until January 3rd.

The numbers he gave were the NA launch numbers.
Wii U also sold a another ~300k for Black Friday weekend.
(both number sets had press statements).

Wii U should be over 1 million with the December NPD in January.

Also NA was the only region to get the Nintendo Land bundle, while the others had the third party bundles.


Exactly my point about the December numbers though, we don't know and saying it is selling well or selling poorly, is speculation on both sides.

As for the other regions, the UK got the Nintendo Land bundle and a ZombiU bundle I believe, not sure about Japan with the Monster Hunter bundle:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Wii-32 ... 418&sr=8-1
http://www.coffeewithgames.com/
Drinking coffee, playing games...
User avatar
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo
 
Posts: 630
Joined: 23 Feb 2008 01:47
Location: North Carolina
NN ID: Coffees
Wii: 6546-4207-4091-0847
PSN: Hoj_Latte

Re: Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $30

Postby M1 » 26 Dec 2012 19:16

coffeewithchess wrote:
M1 wrote:December numbers do not get released until January 3rd.

The numbers he gave were the NA launch numbers.
Wii U also sold a another ~300k for Black Friday weekend.
(both number sets had press statements).

Wii U should be over 1 million with the December NPD in January.

Also NA was the only region to get the Nintendo Land bundle, while the others had the third party bundles.


Exactly my point about the December numbers though, we don't know and saying it is selling well or selling poorly, is speculation on both sides.

As for the other regions, the UK got the Nintendo Land bundle and a ZombiU bundle I believe, not sure about Japan with the Monster Hunter bundle:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Wii-32 ... 418&sr=8-1

It is probably selling decent for December.
I mean Nintendo ramped up production to prevent another Wii style shortage.

If anything it should be outselling PS2 at launch (Sony was only to able to ship 500k of PS2 in the first few months in each territory).

If anything you should see Wii U sell between 400k-700k depending on numbers shipped to NA. I'd be surprised if it did better than 700k for NA.

We know it is selling fast in Japan and in mainland Europe (UK has never been a fan of Nintendo).
M1 is no more...
User avatar
M1
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 0
Joined: 02 Mar 2012 14:20

Re: Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $30

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 26 Dec 2012 19:39

coffeewithchess wrote:Did you buy the Basic set?


…yes.

Seeing this lets me know I should have waited. Curse the Wii U launch hype… :(
Innovation is a funny thing in gaming... Do too much and you alienate fans of the genre, but don't do enough and you're blamed for making the same ol' game.Image
User avatar
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: 25 Mar 2011 01:10
Location: The World Beyond This And That
NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
Wii: 3983-9278-9384-2345
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $300

Postby ddddd » 26 Dec 2012 19:42

Meh, still like having the extra gigabytes of the black version.
User avatar
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
 
Posts: 1100
Joined: 03 Feb 2010 17:39
Location: Argentina
NN ID: Damian-87

Re: Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $30

Postby coffeewithchess » 26 Dec 2012 21:22

Mirr0rR3flection wrote:
coffeewithchess wrote:Did you buy the Basic set?


…yes.

Seeing this lets me know I should have waited. Curse the Wii U launch hype… :(


Haha, are you SURE you didn't get it as a Christmas present................with price matching from Best Buy?
http://www.coffeewithgames.com/
Drinking coffee, playing games...
User avatar
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo
 
Posts: 630
Joined: 23 Feb 2008 01:47
Location: North Carolina
NN ID: Coffees
Wii: 6546-4207-4091-0847
PSN: Hoj_Latte

Re: Best Buy - Wii U basic bundle with Nintendo Land for $30

Postby komicturtle92 » 27 Dec 2012 02:51

I saw a guy going into BestBuy with a Wii U (white) and I'm thinking Nintendoland- possibly to cash in on the $60 he'd get back. I'm also thinking the reason they are doing this is because the black SKUs are selling out while the basic is sitting there. I saw a multitude of whites around and empty shelves for black. It's not a grim picture. It shows there is demand for the premium and more valuable pack vs the basic.
Image
User avatar
komicturtle92
Shyguy
Shyguy
 
Posts: 101
Joined: 24 Apr 2012 14:47
NN ID: komicturtle
3DS: Ask me to add

Next

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users