Publisher Dream - more detailsClick Here to View Story
- run a videogame development studio
- manage different aspects of running a studio
- this includes income, what genres you work on, team sizes and so on
- based on Circle Entertainment’s own experiences
“In this game, you play a role of the Triangle company, which sells game on the cShop. Every staff member in the game is real, and we also invited a few CEOs from other videogame developers to be part of it, such as Julio Moruno (Enjoy Up), Ivo Wubbels (Engine Software), Roderick Franklin (SDGT), Kou (FHW Japan), Peter Moraliyski (Moragami), and Hugo Smits (Goodbye galaxy games). They all get special abilities in the game.” - Circle Entertainment CEO, Chris Chau
- projects can be in different genres
- choose what genre a project is in and the scope of the game as well
- smaller games can be completed quicker with relatively fewer staff members
- manage your studio’s finances
- income for your studio comes in every 12 weeks
- costs come from paying your staff their salary and keeping the studio running
- delaying the development of your game or not assigning your staff to projects during working hours will burn through your capital very quickly
- when you delay the development of a game, you’ll need to watch your staff’s stress level
- allow for a break at the end of a project to relieve stress
- improve the office environment by implementing facilities like a coffee machine or adopting a cat
- you’ll be given the opportunity to expand your studio, recruit more staff members, and develop more games at a time
- this means having to pay more developer salaries
- indie developers will begin to contact you to see if you’re interested in their proposals
- have a chance to invest in and publish their games
- receive email from people who have played your games that can be both positive and negative
- email examples:
Subject: Keep working!
I wish I could play more games from Triangle!
Congrats! Yet another boring waste of my time, your company has now been added to my blacklist!
Subject: Long time no hear
Wow! It’s been quite a while since we’ve received any news from you guys, when can we expect a new title?