If you want Unchained Blades Exxiv localized, buy the fir...

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

If you want Unchained Blades Exxiv localized, buy the fir...

Postby robometal cowboy » 03 Jan 2013 20:20

If you want Unchained Blades Exxiv localized, buy the first on 3DS eShop
Click Here to View Story

A portion of a Siliconera interview with Hiroyuki Abe, Producer...

S: Do you plan to continue to grow Unchained Blades and are you considering to release Exxiv in North America?

HA: The original game and concept for Unchained Blades was well received. We were eager to create a sequel based on the same concept that people seemed to enjoy. In terms of Exxiv, coming over is something we will still have to evaluate. If American gamers buy a lot of Unchained Blades from Xseed, the possibility of Exxiv coming over grows quite a bit!

Full interview here
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Re: If you want Unchained Blades Exxiv localized, buy the fi

Postby Autosaver » 03 Jan 2013 20:23

I read that as...

S: Do you plan to continue to grow Unchained Blades and are you considering to release Exxiv in North America?

HA!
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Autosaver

Postby BaNGeR » 03 Jan 2013 20:24

No thanks.

They waited too long for the 3DS version. They could have sold a lot more copies during the early spring/summer drought when it was originally scheduled to come out but since that time most people have just downloaded the PSP version.

It's hard enough to get over the $39.99 price tag for a digital game; in fact, it's one of the main reasons most people prefer physical over digital, carts go on sale much faster and to much lower prices.

You can go buy SMT:Strange Journey for ~$10 for the same, if not better experience.
BaNGeR
Fairy
Fairy

Postby anime5ever » 03 Jan 2013 20:31

BaNGeR wrote:No thanks.

They waited too long for the 3DS version. They could have sold a lot more copies during the early spring/summer drought when it was originally scheduled to come out but since that time most people have just downloaded the PSP version.

It's hard enough to get over the $39.99 price tag for a digital game; in fact, it's one of the main reasons most people prefer physical over digital, carts go on sale much faster and to much lower prices.

You can go buy SMT:Strange Journey for ~$10 for the same, if not better experience.

this also soul hackers in the spring and Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan in feb. would be better anyways
anime5ever
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Oregano » 03 Jan 2013 20:35

... And then you can wait an extra six months compared to PSP owners for the privelege to buy it!
Oregano
Fairy
Fairy

If you want Unchained Blades Exxiv localized, buy the first

Postby Red » 03 Jan 2013 20:37

Don't worry Hiroyuki, if America won't cut it, maybe with the help of Europe we will...oh. Right. :|

@BaNGeR
As far as I know it's 30 bucks, not 40. Which admittedly still is a number for a game supposedly inferior to its PSP version (3D effects aside).
Red
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby kdognumba1 » 03 Jan 2013 21:13

I honestly just don't have the money right now to get it. Steam sales beat yall to it.
kdognumba1
Metool
Metool

NN ID: kdog254
3DS: 1676-3698-5986
Steam ID: kdog254
Wii: 5726-8719-5929-3614
PSN: jotaroxtreme
XBL: kdog254

Postby stealth » 03 Jan 2013 21:51

i wont because its not physical
stealth
Fairy
Fairy

Postby LordRoto » 03 Jan 2013 22:22

Wow, bunch of whiners in here. Did they not just release an interview with the peeps at XSEED recently? It's not a huge company, so none of you are in a place to judge how long it took them to get the 3DS version up and running, no clue what hoops or editing they had to do for Nintendo. They got it out there as soon as they could, and are you really going to harp on them for holding back to see how this one sales? You guys complain that they arn't going to go ahead and bring out the second one while giving your excuses for not supporting it. XSEED thrives on small games because it's a small company.

Who gives a crap that it was out on the PSP first? Any Wii U owners who bought Mass Effect 3 or Assassin 3 care? No, they are still enjoying the game. I can see the complaint warrented in reality if you played the game already, but you guys are on the borderline of being unnecessarily fanboy bias.

It's a solid RPG, get your inferiority issues out of the way, there's no retail version so that means you can't trade it in. You all better not complain about how long it takes us to get other RPGs you hypocrites. It's true that people are so eager to be pissed off at something. I'd say I'm part of it, but I'm more dissapointed in you than pissed lol.
LordRoto
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby Huzapa » 03 Jan 2013 22:49

The price tag is the thing that pushes people away. From the reviews the psp version got, it doesn't look too good from a sales point.
Huzapa
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: FE-Judge
3DS: 3866-8293-0614
PSN: Serlis

Postby PaperLink64 » 03 Jan 2013 23:01

I really don't like this carrot-on-a-stick policy that's been making the rounds lately, whether it's XSEED, Capcom, or other companies.

I've had enough of that garbage with all the "test" games third-parties released on the Wii.
PaperLink64
Octorok
Octorok

3DS: 1805-3015-8051
Wii: 6643-1766-9039-6758
PSN: PaperLink64HD

Postby Autosaver » 03 Jan 2013 23:02

@LordRoto
Unchained Blades is a terrible game.

Who wants to pay full price 6 months later for a bad experience?
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Autosaver

Postby ecco6t9 » 04 Jan 2013 02:53

The issue are that

XSeed never had a problem with a physical retail release before.

Unchained Blades might be bad but it's niche audience would still buy it if it had a box and soundtrack.
ecco6t9

Postby Jirachi » 04 Jan 2013 09:08

@AutosaverNo it's not play games before you pass judgement.
My favorite zelda game is Twilight Princess and Jirachi is my favorite pokemon <3 skype:SSBBKING

My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR-OCE ... a9XCznbJ6A
Jirachi
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Jirachifan
3DS: 1848-1701-2271
Wii: 5376-4745-6865-7604
PSN: TCDFTW
XBL: N and 360 fan

Postby void3953 » 04 Jan 2013 09:54

Jirachi wrote:@AutosaverNo it's not play games before you pass judgement.

True. But you don't have to play the game to know if you like the developer or not.

We all know that if a game doesn't sell well the chances of another game from the same franchise or with similar play style or whatever is less likely to be made or localized or whatever.

We all know that.

So why has it become common for developers/publishers to now feel it's their place to constantly throw this fact in gamers faces? It's like a parent admonishing a child for not eating their vegetables.

I thought it was the developers/publishers job to convince gamers to buy their games. Not to extort or ridicule them. And that's what it feels like whenever I hear a developer/publisher make a statement like this. It seems like they're trying to make me feel bad if their game doesn't sell well. But if the game doesn't sell well, it's almost always their own fault.

I'm telling you, developers/publishers need to get their acts together. Publicly holding games hostage on Nintendo platforms needs to end. And I say Nintendo because I haven't seen or heard of this happening on any other platforms.

It's a despicable practice.
void3953
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Jirachi » 04 Jan 2013 11:21

It's common you don't green light a sequel if the first game fails. all Xseed did is state something all companies do.
Hell If ff had failed we never would see ff II on or the last story...
My favorite zelda game is Twilight Princess and Jirachi is my favorite pokemon <3 skype:SSBBKING

My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR-OCE ... a9XCznbJ6A
Jirachi
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Jirachifan
3DS: 1848-1701-2271
Wii: 5376-4745-6865-7604
PSN: TCDFTW
XBL: N and 360 fan

Postby Iridium077 » 04 Jan 2013 12:15

Considering that Xseed definitely had the translation finished sometime before June, I've got a really hard time assigning the blame to them rather than Nintendo. I rather doubt that they just forgot to submit it, and that's really the only thing that could have caused such an issue on their end.

That having been said, the PSP version bombed, to my knowledge, so I've been operating for months now on the assumption this sequel will never be localized. Judging from the reactions here, it seems I'm correct.
Iridium077
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: Iridium
PSN: Jean_Descole

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion