Jessica Nigri's Assassin's Creed III cosplay

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Postby robometal cowboy » 07 Jan 2013 02:02

Click Here to View Story

Check out the gallery here

Link
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Postby enigmaxtreme » 07 Jan 2013 02:26

I LOATHE Jessica Nigri, when it comes to this whole "Fake Gamer Girl" thing people were screaming about THIS was the girl they were referring to.

I find her attempt at over sexualisation of characters to be just plain boring
enigmaxtreme
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: enigmaxtreme316

Re: Jessica Nigri's Assassin's Creed III cosplay

Postby Windsor » 07 Jan 2013 03:02

This is the tamest thing I've ever seen her wear. Not that I've looked. She really doesn't have to do this ugly over sexualisation schtick. She has a pretty face, if you ask me. There's no reason to "adjust" character designs to get attention.
A faithful GoNintendo reader/comment leaver for three years!
Here's my Twitter page. If you stay far away no one would blame you.
https://twitter.com/WindsorNEH
Windsor
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: WindsorNH
3DS: 1075-0722-4693

Postby Ravyu » 07 Jan 2013 03:39

I don't like how she slutifies a character ( I hated Fox McCloud cosplays). I think she should change her direction in how she makes her costume.
Last edited by Ravyu on 07 Jan 2013 04:36, edited 1 time in total.
Ravyu
Fairy
Fairy

Postby casey44 » 07 Jan 2013 03:48

Ravyu wrote:I don't like how she slutifies (Maybe its a strong word for this costume, but other cosplays suit it well) a character ( I hated Fox McCloud cosplays). I think she should change her direction in how she makes her costume.

actually she is a gamer and very down to earth girl, remember dont judge people until you meet them.
casey44
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Ravyu » 07 Jan 2013 04:35

casey44 wrote:
Ravyu wrote:I don't like how she slutifies (Maybe its a strong word for this costume, but other cosplays suit it well) a character ( I hated Fox McCloud cosplays). I think she should change her direction in how she makes her costume.

actually she is a gamer and very down to earth girl, remember dont judge people until you meet them.

I think you're replying to the right guy.. Or that your reply isn't related to what I said whatsoever
Ravyu
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Gold_Ultima » 07 Jan 2013 05:09

I think she should do whatever she likes with her own body and fashion and I think people should get off their high horses and stop judging people they don't know for things that don't affect them in any way, shape or form.
Gold_Ultima
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby LordRoto » 07 Jan 2013 06:42

Gold_Ultima wrote:I think she should do whatever she likes with her own body and fashion and I think people should get off their high horses and stop judging people they don't know for things that don't affect them in any way, shape or form.

Agreed 110%

Who are any of you to judge her on what she should do with what she likes.
LordRoto
Flicky
Flicky

Postby casey44 » 07 Jan 2013 09:14

Ravyu wrote:
casey44 wrote:

I think you're replying to the right guy.. Or that your reply isn't related to what I said whatsoever

oh sorry i meant the first person who was judging her for no reason
casey44
Goomba
Goomba

Postby shingi70 » 07 Jan 2013 09:53

Eh have no problem with her display. She's Hoyt and if you got it might as well flaunt it.
shingi70
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Kenkaku » 07 Jan 2013 10:38

shingi70 wrote:She's Hoyt and if you got it might as well flaunt it.

Because vanity is a great thing, right?
Kenkaku
Fairy
Fairy

Postby zeeroid » 07 Jan 2013 11:42

Weird hate in this comment thread. It's just cosplay, dudes, lighten up.
zeeroid
Flicky
Flicky

3DS: 1676-3679-7062
PSN: Zeer0id

Postby Mazzle » 07 Jan 2013 11:50

It's just cosplay. She can create their costumes as she like. Anyyeah, I do think that she's pretty and seh has every right to show it, if she wants to. If this bothers you, then just don't click on the pictures and ignore it. Does anybody get damaged by it? I don't think so.
Mazzle
Fairy
Fairy

Wii: 8208-9509-0736-7121

Postby jraics » 07 Jan 2013 12:57

Man, so many holy rollers on GN. Any time RMC posts a story even remotely related to something sexual, you can always count on the GoNintendo Puritans to put us all in our place. Same thing goes with piracy/hacks (ex: the post directly below this one).
jraics
Fairy
Fairy

Postby OmicronTurtle » 07 Jan 2013 13:12

@enigmaxtreme
Nope, she does actually play games and usually cos-plays as characters from games she does play and enjoy. Another example is Meg Turney or Trisha Hershberger, complete gamer - bigger gamer than me, and sexy cos-player.

I swear some people sound like they are afraid of attractive girls who are nerds/gamers. It's crap like that, that makes girls afraid or ashamed of their interests.
Half the internet automatically think a girl is a "fake-gamer-girl" just because she's hot.

@Kenkaku
Nothing vain about. I'd call it confidence, and there is nothing wrong with being confident.
OmicronTurtle
Flicky
Flicky

XBL: OmicronTurtle

Postby ChainALM » 07 Jan 2013 13:44

I'm not here to call her fake, she seems like a very ground person if her YouTube is anything to go by, and I enjoy her appearances on the Philly DeFranco Show. My problem, for lack of a better word, is the stated over sexualisations of her cosplays. It's like, okay you have an itty bitty waist and a paid for chest. That doesn't mean that every cosplay absolutely HAS to have a gaping cleavage cut-out. I wouldn't mind seeing a more demure Female Connor, or even an Aveline (Vita Assassin) cosplay, but for me it's at a point now where you pretty much know what you're getting with her outfits, and it's just boring.

But, whatever, right? *raises flameshield*
Feel free to add me on Wii U. My username is just there on the right under my display pic, haha.
ChainALM
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: ChainALM
3DS: 5327-0886-7930

Postby CHAOSDRAGON88 » 07 Jan 2013 13:53

Man, this is getting sad. What quantifies making a costume slutty? Especially in this day and age. Cleavage, midriff? This is quite tame and by no means offensive: exclaim when it's body paint and pasties. This is her interpretation and from my recollection, relevant to the other cosplay she's done.

They were shot (amazing lighting) and modeled quite nicely (as she always happens to do).
CHAOSDRAGON88
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

3DS: 0645-5765-2712
Wii: 8329-8962-4689-1722
PSN: ELIJAHIB88

Postby OmicronTurtle » 07 Jan 2013 13:57

@ChainALM
Just on the point of "over sexualising" - are Manga and Anime style Girls over-sexualised?

She's showing no more skin than lead female characters from Xenoblade or Pandora's Tower

+1 for Philly D though :)
OmicronTurtle
Flicky
Flicky

XBL: OmicronTurtle

Postby ChainALM » 07 Jan 2013 14:22

OmicronTurtle wrote:@ChainALM
Just on the point of "over sexualising" - are Manga and Anime style Girls over-sexualised?

She's showing no more skin than lead female characters from Xenoblade or Pandora's Tower

+1 for Philly D though :)

They are, admittedly, unfortunately be it by design or overzealous fanworks.

I donno, man. I grew up with anime like Shinzo, Digimon Adventure and Saint Seiya.
Fanservice used to be a rare novelty, but with things like Ikki Tousen and Highschool of the Dead today, and a lot of other anime slowly but surely breaking the borders between fanservice and outright hentai, I just feel that if you're gonna be a Femme!Connor, then do it with a bit of damn class. You don't need cleavage and a midriff to be a sexy Assassin.

Sure her Pikachu from way back when was cute, but I personally don't feel that she needs to replicate that success with everything else... actually, forget what I said before, maybe she should keep away from Aveline. xD

I might feel differently if she went with a character who by design was there for fanservice, like Naga the White Serpent from Slayers, and to sedate the masses, I throw in the obligatory "power to her" hyperbole. She's gonna do what she wants despite anyone else, and that's fair enough, and again, I'm not saying I'm offended, and I'm not calling her a 'fake'. I just think something a bit more reserved wouldn't hurt her from time to time.
Surely there's no harm in that, is there?
Feel free to add me on Wii U. My username is just there on the right under my display pic, haha.
ChainALM
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: ChainALM
3DS: 5327-0886-7930

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion