Chotto Nintendo Direct: Pokemon X/Y - Japanese presentation

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Postby robometal cowboy » 08 Jan 2013 07:29

Click Here to View Story

Direct link here
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Re: Chotto Nintendo Direct: Pokemon X/Y - Japanese presentat

Postby Dimdaku » 08 Jan 2013 07:31

It's totally not too soon or anything for a new gen. I sure do have the money, Nintendo.
Dimdaku
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Shaanyboi » 08 Jan 2013 15:01

Why do I feel that if I get hyped about playing this, it'll be the exact same experience I've had with the last 3 Pokemon games I played where I pick it up, all excited like "Yeah man! This will be the one to get me back into it!" And then I make it as far as 5-8 gyms in and I just need to stop due to the realization of "This is the exact same game...". Nothing about Diamond changed it enough for me, nothing about Black changed it enough for me, nothing about Heart Gold changed it enough for me....

They're all still really well-made games, but they all left me with the same feeling. I played Gold, loved it, and that's really the beginning and end of Pokemon for me. Nothing else has really topped the excitement of that experience for me. Can't say this one, as good as it may end up being, looks like it'll change my feelings.
Shaanyboi
Shyguy
Shyguy

XBL: Shaanyboi

Postby AnoukiAgentYellow » 08 Jan 2013 15:57

Shaanyboi wrote:Why do I feel that if I get hyped about playing this, it'll be the exact same experience I've had with the last 3 Pokemon games I played where I pick it up, all excited like "Yeah man! This will be the one to get me back into it!" And then I make it as far as 5-8 gyms in and I just need to stop due to the realization of "This is the exact same game...". Nothing about Diamond changed it enough for me, nothing about Black changed it enough for me, nothing about Heart Gold changed it enough for me....

They're all still really well-made games, but they all left me with the same feeling. I played Gold, loved it, and that's really the beginning and end of Pokemon for me. Nothing else has really topped the excitement of that experience for me. Can't say this one, as good as it may end up being, looks like it'll change my feelings.

Gold/Silver is the still the pinnacle of the series for me, gameplay is good in all of them, but it's the, how do I put this, the feel of the world. As if there are secrets to be discovered and such, like what happened to Giovanni, what with this Burnt Tower, what happened to Ho-Oh, exploring a cave at the bottom of the ocean not because the plot told me to but because I went off the beaten path and explored and then encountering Lugia. Actually that's a good place to start, stop making legendary pokemon part of the plot.
"I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth" -Jonathan Swift
AnoukiAgentYellow
Chocobo
Chocobo

3DS: 4038-6169-7919

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion