GoNintendo 'End of Day' thought - Does Pokemon X/Y tickle...

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

GoNintendo 'End of Day' thought - Does Pokemon X/Y tickle...

Postby robometal cowboy » 08 Jan 2013 07:52

GoNintendo 'End of Day' thought - Does Pokemon X/Y tickle your fancy?
Click Here to View Story

A big step for the Pokemon series! Quite a way to start a morning, or in my case, end your day! You guys chat it up about Pokemon X/Y while I slip off to bed. See you in a few, short hours!

Direct link here

Many of us were hoping that the next evolution of the main Pokemon series would be announced. I guess our fingers were crossed tight enough, as Pokemon X/Y are indeed that evolution! The series jumps from colored names to lettered names, bringing Pokemon into a brand-new dimension of fun.

Nintendo's 10-minute Nintendo Direct was a tease most of the time, bringing us through the history of the main Pokemon series. The wait seemed agonizing, but eventually the presentation paid off with a debut in-game trailer for Pokemon X/Y. As mentioned above, the biggest evolution that we see in this trailer is the jump of the series into full 3D.

Right up there with that announcement is the fact that Pokemon X/Y is going to have a simultaneous worldwide launch. North America, Europe, Japan...we're all getting the game in October 2013. We may not have it the same day as one another, but October will indeed be launch month worldwide. Talk about a major localization effort unlike any Nintendo has taken on before!

Who knew that a 10 minute presentation could be so exciting?! At least, I hope that's the feeling you're experiencing after this Nintendo Direct. Leave a comment and let us know what you think! Did you like what you saw? Are you pumped for Oct. 2013? Are you already counting down the days?
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Re: GoNintendo 'End of Day' thought - Does Pokemon X/Y tickl

Postby Sir Tobbii » 08 Jan 2013 07:53

First time since G/S that I'm really SUPER pumped about a Pokémon game so... Yeah, launch day, X Version please.
Sir Tobbii
Fairy
Fairy

3DS: 1504-5679-3111
Wii: 7883-4949-2858-4295
PSN: Sir-Tobbii
XBL: Sir Tobbii

Postby BillNye » 08 Jan 2013 07:54

Oh, it tickles MUCH more than my fancy.
BillNye
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby The Stickman » 08 Jan 2013 07:54

Awww yeah!
The Stickman
Fairy
Fairy

GoNintendo 'End of Day' thought - Does Pokemon X/Y tickle yo

Postby Jirachi » 08 Jan 2013 07:54

Like i said yes it does,except the name.
My favorite zelda game is Twilight Princess and Jirachi is my favorite pokemon <3 skype:SSBBKING

Jirachi
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: Jirachifan
3DS: 1848-1701-2271
Wii: 5376-4745-6865-7604
PSN: TCDFTW
XBL: N and 360 fan

Postby ajpecanic » 08 Jan 2013 07:59

I really enjoyed Black and White--the best in the series since Gold and Silver, imo. So, yeah, I'm pretty pumped for these new games. Great announcement. I can't wait.
ajpecanic

Postby Gamingboy » 08 Jan 2013 08:03

HELL YEAH!
Gamingboy
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Mario1234567 » 08 Jan 2013 08:06

Tickles my fancy? No sir. My D*** Yes it does.. I cant wait the hype was worth it. Now only if we can get the Pokemon Stadium game for Wii U
Mario1234567

Postby Frank » 08 Jan 2013 08:07

Very excited. I think they've pitch the graphics just about right. I imagine there will be a few people who are disappointed it isn't pushing the 3Ds particularly hard, but I think it does a good job of updating the look and feel of the old games.
Frank
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Edsanji » 08 Jan 2013 08:09

With this games, the 3DS is totally doomed and the Vite will rise and shine!! Who will want more Pokémon games? And on full 3D, come on Nintendo!!!!
PSN: Edsanji
3DS FC: way too long to remember it....
Wii FC: Why some will need that?
Edsanji
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: Edsanji
PSN: Edsanji

Postby Ry » 08 Jan 2013 08:09

Even though we only saw just over a minute of the game, I think my level of excitement for these two games is close to the level I had when Gold/Silver was first announced and that was waaaaay back in the stone ages. When more info gets out, maybe it can get to that point and more.
"Your blade...it did not cut deep enough."
Ry
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby Womblebat » 08 Jan 2013 08:14

And here I thought the next generation of Pokémon games would have more than 4 directions to walk in.
Still though, I'm very excited to pick these up in October.
Womblebat
Fairy
Fairy

Postby DT-Fox » 08 Jan 2013 08:18

The more I run it through my mind, the more excited I get over the announcement. Heck, my brother and I already agreed who's getting X and who's getting Y. And even more awesome, we don't have to wait any bit after Japan this time around! The only thing I'm disappointed about (in a non-issue sort of way) is that due to my tradition of getting water Starters since R/B and beyond, I'm gonna have to put up with a frickin' (Froakin) frog while others get a cool fennec and a cute chipmunk.

But yeah, while I'm gonna miss the days of sprites and static battle sequences, it's great to see them finally go into the "full" 3D experience for their main series. I'm definitely looking forward to October.

Side thought: I'm REALLY curious if and/or how they're gonna implement Street Pass functionality. I'm putting my money on something like the PokeWalker.
DT-Fox

Postby XCWarrior » 08 Jan 2013 08:20

Well I know at least one game I'll be buying in October.

If 3DS vs Vita system sales weren't lopsided already, they are about to become even more so. But don't worry, I'm sure Sony will announce another COD for the Vita to counter this, lol.

Great to hear this announcement. I skipped Black2/White2, but I'll be picking X or Y up for sure.
XCWarrior
Flicky
Flicky

Postby Blazing Warwolf » 08 Jan 2013 08:20

Meh, doesn't really interest me that much as of yet, and I'm a Pokemon fan. :/ I think I would've preferred a remake of Emerald on 3DS. Its been a long time since I've played any of the newer mainline Pokemon games, and I really want to again, but I'm never gonna buy a Pokemon game that only slightly differs from another one just like it ever again (e.g. Pokemon Black and White, Diamond and Pearl, etc). Waste of money, especially if you buy BOTH! Instead, I'll wait for Pokemon Z. ;)
Blazing Warwolf
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: Mario6400
3DS: 4811-6949-4441

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 08 Jan 2013 08:25

I was hoping to be disappointed. Glad Nintendo/GameFreak failed to make that happen. :mrgreen:

I'm glad were done with this horrible gen and will be moving on to an even better one. My love for Pokemon will be renewed once again…finally! :D
Innovation is a funny thing in gaming... Do too much and you alienate fans of the genre, but don't do enough and you're blamed for making the same ol' game.Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
Wii: 3983-9278-9384-2345
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby unown123 » 08 Jan 2013 08:26

Getting Y if the legendary is the bird
unown123
Fairy
Fairy

Postby r42 » 08 Jan 2013 08:32

My thoughts:

1) Pokémon X Y and Z - makes sense on the 3DS: X and Y comprise the 2D plane, and the Z axis brings it into 3D.

2) The hidden "Z" legendary Pokémon is going to be some kind of green angular snake, I'm guessing.

3) Of course, whatever Pokémon ends up being number 666 - everyone's going to name it Damien.

4) I think Froakie will evolve into a Water Psychic type. Those "glasses" on its nose, and its hand raised to its head...

5) I hope they announce some kind of WiiU game to go alongside it - kind of like Dream Radar went with BW2.
r42
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: UnironicUnicorn
3DS: 0645-5766-8270
PSN: darro42
XBL: UnironicUnicorn

Postby jesse himself » 08 Jan 2013 08:34

have to see more before i get excited. simultanious release is great news though.
Last edited by jesse himself on 08 Jan 2013 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
jesse himself
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: SoulSurfer
3DS: 5155-3098-3001
PSN: daifukukid

Postby Teh_Aura » 08 Jan 2013 08:36

Battle animations look spectacular, worldwide October release... how could I not be excited for this?

Also, if anyone's interested in speculation, screenshots from the trailer: http://imgur.com/a/vuqry
Teh_Aura
Fairy
Fairy

Postby scikoolaid » 08 Jan 2013 08:38

Yay, 10 months to go? Don't get me wrong but why did they bother announcing this so early, instead of giving us a decent list of the year's games or something? :/
scikoolaid
Goomba
Goomba

Postby speedychu » 08 Jan 2013 08:39

Don't like the 3D environment. Much rather prefer 2D, but I guess everything is going 3D these days.

The legendary deer Pokemon creeps me out.

Other than that, what a great way to start 2013. Who knows how many other surprises Nintendo has in store.
speedychu
Fairy
Fairy

Postby JGab » 08 Jan 2013 08:39

Going to be honest...no.

Gen V I found myself really bored with, right after Gen IV where I wasted over 200 hours on and maxed out my cash.

This announcement does not make me want to jump back in. It's another generation of Pokemon but in 3D. It's not going to interest me anymore than Gen V did. And for that, I think I'm sadly leaving the Pokemon franchise and skipping this title.

Unless they show off some type of gameplay that interests me, it's just another Pokemon game and the series has grown stale for me.
JGab
Fairy
Fairy

Postby speedychu » 08 Jan 2013 08:40

scikoolaid wrote:Yay, 10 months to go? Don't get me wrong but why did they bother announcing this so early, instead of giving us a decent list of the year's games or something? :/

For the hype.
speedychu
Fairy
Fairy

Postby LordRoto » 08 Jan 2013 08:48

I'm excited, it looks sweet, some people will never be pleased, but that's the internet for you, If we got the "remake" of 3rd gen some people would have been happy and we'd just be hearing rehash.

Personally since i've been playing pokemon since the start, I love a new adventure than the same adventure again. I've never been incredibly partial to a re-treading, the only one I ever beat was Soul Silver.

I think the new starters have some sweet potential. We've gone through the species a few times before, but the starters always get some extra attention that random pokemon don't get. I'm pumped to see what kind of Fox diety like creature the fire starter will become. Likewise I like how the X legendary is a cool take on the god of the forest of folklore.

so yeah, super pumped, and I'm excited that it's launching everywhere at the same time, it will be the first time going into a pokemon game in awhile where the entire game wasn't already gushed about.
LordRoto
Flicky
Flicky

Next

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion