GoNintendo 'End of Day' thought - What are you doing most...

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

GoNintendo 'End of Day' thought - What are you doing most...

Postby robometal cowboy » 10 Jan 2013 06:13

GoNintendo 'End of Day' thought - What are you doing most on Wii U?
Click Here to View Story

Weekend is almost here, my friends. Let's power through Thursday and Friday, then relax like crazy on those days off! Hope all is going well and things are looking good. See you in a few, short hours!

The Wii U is still in its infancy. Nintendo is trying to find the right marketing approach to get new and old consumers to hop in. Some of us have already seen enough to know that the system has a welcome spot in our homes. While there many not be many owners out there, the ones that do have the system are hopefully keeping busy.

The Wii U certainly has a lot of options for entertainment. We saw some of these ideas trickle in as the Wii grew on in years, but the Wii U came out of the gate with a bunch of entertaining elements. Of course, you can play a nice selection of Wii U retail and digital games, as well as your old Wii titles. That's just the main course, though!

If you feel like surfing around on the web, you actually have a very capable browser to enjoy. If movies are your thing, you can check out Amazon On Demand Video, Hulu, Netflix and even Nintendo TVii to make choosing a film that much easier. Maybe you're spending your time on the YouTube app watching whatever content finds you. Let's not forget things you can only get on Wii U, like Miiverse and Wii U Chat!

Those of you with a Wii U, what have you been spending your time doing most? Are you playing the hell out of your new Wii U games? Have you been using the multimedia aspects of the system to no end? For me, lately I've been doing a lot more in the way of content watching than playing. Leave a comment and let us know!
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

GoNintendo 'End of Day' thought - What are you doing most on

Postby Turner4590 » 10 Jan 2013 06:17

Letting it collect dust until Rayman Legends comes out :P
CHROM ON & SLAM!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Turner459O" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Turner4590
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: Turner
Steam ID: Turner459O

Re: GoNintendo 'End of Day' thought - What are you doing mos

Postby Olinad » 10 Jan 2013 06:19

I'm playing a lot of Zombi U onmy own, and Just Dance 4, NintendoLand and Mario U with friends. Having a good time so far :D
Olinad
Flicky
Flicky

Postby coffeewithchess » 10 Jan 2013 06:25

I'm working on finishing Trine 2 right now (no excuses for poor looking graphics after playing this game), enjoying multiplayer in Black Ops 2, and looking forward to seeing how Rabbids LAND is this next week. Just starting to really get into NSMBU, playing a little Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed as well.

Might be heading out tomorrow (okay, that's today technically at this hour) to grab an eShop card with some Christmas money/coupons from Best Buy, because I want to grab a few more eShop titles that are on sale.

Also, enjoying the Miiverse aspect a good bit. Trying to help people where I can, and get help there if I need it.
http://www.coffeewithgames.com/
Drinking coffee, playing games...
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Coffees
Wii: 6546-4207-4091-0847
PSN: Hoj_Latte

Postby thorn-rock » 10 Jan 2013 06:29

My main use of the console is still playing games, I still play Nintendoland on a regular basis, Mario to get all the star coins, I started my second playthrough of Zombi U, on my way to finish Darksiders 2 and just started Batman. And that's without counting Nano Assault and Trine.

Then I have to say I use the console A LOT to go on the Internet. And for Miiverse as well.
thorn-rock
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Pemicope » 10 Jan 2013 06:35

ZombiU, Assassin's Creed III, New Super Mario Bros. U and lots of Miiverse! :P
Nintendo Forever!
Pemicope
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: Pemicope

Postby zyxion1 » 10 Jan 2013 06:37

I've been doin a little of everthing Th 7 games I got keep me good and busy. Plus i'll be picking up Rayman, Aliens, Lego City, Monster Hunter 3, and Need for Speed soon! I don't even play my other systems anymore (except the occasional SSX or DoA 5) But i'm completely hooked on my Wii U *he says; as he types this post from his GamePad* \\(^o^)//
Last edited by zyxion1 on 10 Jan 2013 06:39, edited 1 time in total.
Non Specific Action Figure is my HERO!
zyxion1
Flicky
Flicky

3DS: 2019-9664-4648
Wii: 8339-2401-8307-3297

Postby joshb1983 » 10 Jan 2013 06:39

Playing games mostly! Miivserse is amazing. The browser is awesome for youtube. Screw the nay sayers, I can easily see the Wii U being my all-time favorite console soon! All it needs is Pikmin, Smash Bros, Zelda, and 3D Mario! Metroid and Starfox would be icing on the cake too. :-)
joshb1983
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby jesse himself » 10 Jan 2013 06:41

watching youtube on the gamepad in bed :D
jesse himself
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: SoulSurfer
3DS: 5155-3098-3001
PSN: daifukukid

Postby Ninja Shroom » 10 Jan 2013 06:43

I use TVii and the browser. It's not that I don't have anything to play on it, I still haven't beat Mario, but I'm busy with Paper Mario SS.
Ninja Shroom

Postby ridleysaria » 10 Jan 2013 07:03

Netflix, sadly. Although I haven't been doing much of that lately because my system has been out for repair. Thanks for nothing, Nintendo.
Mighty No. 6978
ridleysaria
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

NN ID: RidleySaria
3DS: 2664-2118-8366
Steam ID: ridleysaria
PSN: RidleySaria

Postby Sylverstone14 » 10 Jan 2013 07:12

Making the rounds on most of my retail and download games, fooling around on Miiverse, watching stuff on the GamePad through Netflix and using the browser a lot.

Also, Off-TV Play is a godsend when you and your college roomie share the TV. He had a go at Anarchy Reigns on his Xbox 360 while I was burning stuff in Little Inferno.

Really awesome. :D
Sylverstone14
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: Sylverstone14
Steam ID: Sylverstone14

Postby SatoAilDarko » 10 Jan 2013 07:17

Off-tv play for a bunch of games, my WiI U isn't even currently hooked up to a TV. Great for doing all the optional stuff in ACIII especially since the main game in my opinoun is really bad. The only game I played that I hated but I enjoyed the side stuff. Also working on earning money in Tekken (can't recommend it enough) for costume items.
SatoAilDarko
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: SatoAilDarko

Postby Chosenoneknuckles » 10 Jan 2013 07:34

Playing the heck out of Darksiders 2 and Sonic Racing Transformed atm [completed NMSBU about a month after it came out, still have ZombiU, Trine 2 and NintendoLand to do]. :)
Chosenoneknuckles
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Chosenoneknux
3DS: 1590-4669-5649

Postby XCWarrior » 10 Jan 2013 07:40

Nintendo Land, Scribblenauts and Miiverse. Though the internet browser is starting to grow on me, like a tablet only with buttons. Use the Wii U every day, lots of fun.
XCWarrior
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: XCWarrior
3DS: 1289-8376-3350
Steam ID: XCWarrior
PSN: XCWarrior1
XBL: XCWarrior1744

Postby shy_guy76801 » 10 Jan 2013 08:56

I mostly only play games on weekends, and since there seems to never be anything good on tv, I use WiiU for Netflix and Amazon.
shy_guy76801

Postby Agedgamer » 10 Jan 2013 09:06

Playing games; unplugging the console when it locks up; playing games, unplugging the console when it locks up; playing games; unplugging the console when it locks up; playing games; unplugging the console when it locks up; playing games; unplugging the console when it locks up...

... etc.
Agedgamer
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby beaus27 » 10 Jan 2013 09:09

I did not get a Wii U for Christmas but January turn out to be a three paycheck month,:) !
So I bought one first check. I will get more games down the road. In the meantime, I am on the cusp of Lvl 56 in Goldeneye 007.Then I will retire that game and play NintendoLand full force!
My Top 10 1.LoZ:LttP,2.SimCity(SNES),3.SMB3,4.FF4,5.SH,6.HL2,7.Portal,8.RE4,9.SMG,10.YI
beaus27
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 10 Jan 2013 09:13

I've only been using the web browser most of the time. I rarely play NSMBU cause I know I could finish it rather quickly plus its the only Wii U game I have since I got the basic. As usual I'm playing my 3DS more.
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby monkeymagic » 10 Jan 2013 09:17

I'm loving lots about the WiiU so far but mostly playing games. Have NintendoLand, Mario U, Mighty Switch Force already and got Darksiders II on order (for those in UK shopto.net only £23.85!).

I like Miiverse and the browser is surprisingly good though I'm not really making use of any of the entertainment apps and TVii is not available here yet, though I'm not too interested in that tbh...

It's a great console only let down by sluggish menu loading and a pants battery life, plus there's no "must have" game so far imo... When Zelda/Metroid/3D Mario etc show up it'll be Xmas all over again! :D
monkeymagic
Fairy
Fairy

Postby yougenius » 10 Jan 2013 09:52

Wow, lots of varied answers here. I think that's good for the system, Nintendo wants us to use it for more than games, so it becomes a part of our lives.

I've been playing games mostly, but now that the whole Super HD thing was announced for Netflix, I am itching to watch something to check it out! I'm happy to see the Wii U make the list of supported devices, that's definitely a plus for Nintendo.
monster hunter forever
yougenius
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: gamerparent
3DS: 4098-2922-8204
Wii: 5554 2556 1312 4176

Postby TOADAL_KAOS » 10 Jan 2013 10:00

Really digging Miiverse!!! I think that's one of the gems of this system! Unfortunately, it's one you cannot experience unless you yourself have one, or one of your friends have one.... How does Nintendo market this experience to get fence sitters to buy a wii u? Been playing a ton of NSMBU, and loving it! I forgot how challenging those platformers can be, and the graphics are gorgeous (lighting effect when throwing fireballs!). Oh! For those who haven't purchased it yet, Nano Assault Neo is awesome! Graphics are great and gameplay is smooth! On that note, also making my way through Trine 2!I. Nintendo Land has been a blast with friends! Thinking of picking up a pro pad today and start playing some wii virtual console stuff, in particular, snes and 64 titles. I have to admit, I haven't been using it much for streaming as of yet.. Hoping to hear more about the Wii U virtual console in the coming weeks!
TOADAL_KAOS
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: ToadalKaos
PSN: TudHatLaguna
XBL: VilchVonMower

Postby warbearer » 10 Jan 2013 10:03

Playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 now
warbearer
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Roth » 10 Jan 2013 10:14

Mostly just viewing and drawing/replying to posts on Miiverse, interacting with game developers like Two Tribes and Broken Rules.
Follow me on Twitter
Roth
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: RothSothy (Steam too
3DS: 1118-1639-5657
Wii: 2646 0430 6265 2527
PSN: RSTrax
XBL: rothsothy

Postby Zealousziff » 10 Jan 2013 10:14

My roommates and I are playing the heck out of Scribblenauts Unlimited. That game allows you to be so creative and it's hilarious to see what results work!

Netflix watching happens too, but it's not as frequent as one of us playing.
Zealousziff
Fairy
Fairy

Next

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion