IGN - Why the Game Violence Conversation Is Important

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Postby robometal cowboy » 11 Jan 2013 18:39

Click Here to View Story

Direct link here
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Re: IGN - Why the Game Violence Conversation Is Important

Postby Iridium077 » 11 Jan 2013 18:52

I for one don't believe that video games promote violins - a minority are just naturally drawn to violins, and the media wants to use them as a scapegoat for the recent upsurge. The fact of the matter is, though, most people who play games don't think about causing violins in real life just because video games have them.

I will say that video games can make people more indifferent toward violins, though. I used to be blown away by violins, but after playing so many JRPGs they don't really stand out to me anymore.
Iridium077
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: Iridium
PSN: Jean_Descole

Postby Paperdiego » 11 Jan 2013 19:02

Iridium077 wrote:I for one don't believe that video games promote violins - a minority are just naturally drawn to violins, and the media wants to use them as a scapegoat for the recent upsurge. The fact of the matter is, though, most people who play games don't think about causing violins in real life just because video games have them.

I will say that video games can make people more indifferent toward violins, though. I used to be blown away by violins, but after playing so many JRPGs they don't really stand out to me anymore.

violins?
Life in the suburbs of los Angeles.
Paperdiego
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: DiegoHernandez

Postby Eliwood » 11 Jan 2013 19:26

Iridium077 wrote:I for one don't believe that video games promote violins - a minority are just naturally drawn to violins, and the media wants to use them as a scapegoat for the recent upsurge. The fact of the matter is, though, most people who play games don't think about causing violins in real life just because video games have them.

Video game violins is a serious issue and shouldn't be taken lightly. A good friend of mine used to be a typical gamer playing lots of different games, then he started obsessing on JRPGs and big budget games with orchestral music. All he'd want to do when we hung out was talk about soundtracks, then he started spending more and more time in music shops. A few months later I found out he joined a symphony. We need to consider the effects of violins on players and limit potentially dangerous exposure to young kids or we're just going to see more and more children in orchestras.
Eliwood
Fairy
Fairy

Postby wisdomcouragepower » 11 Jan 2013 21:44

These types of discussions aren't going away any time some are they?! Sad.. but necessary
wisdomcouragepower
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 12 Jan 2013 00:07

Eliwood wrote:

Video game violins is a serious issue and shouldn't be taken lightly. A good friend of mine used to be a typical gamer playing lots of different games, then he started obsessing on JRPGs and big budget games with orchestral music. All he'd want to do when we hung out was talk about soundtracks, then he started spending more and more time in music shops. A few months later I found out he joined a symphony. We need to consider the effects of violins on players and limit potentially dangerous exposure to young kids or we're just going to see more and more children in orchestras.

10/10, would read again and again.
Triforce of the Gods
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: TriforceoftheGod
3DS: 2921-9263-7348
Steam ID: TriforceoftheGods
PSN: TriforceoftheGod

Postby Sammet » 12 Jan 2013 05:10

:D
PM me and I'll add you to my 3DS - feel free to add my NNID for WiiU too!
Sammet
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: Samwiise
3DS: 0817-3844-7533
Wii: 6169 7599 9537 5328

Postby archer9234 » 12 Jan 2013 15:13

@Eliwood You just won a digital cookie.
archer9234
Chocobo
Chocobo