REPORT - Time Warner Licenses Cartoon Network Shows And '...

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

REPORT - Time Warner Licenses Cartoon Network Shows And '...

Postby robometal cowboy » 14 Jan 2013 14:51

REPORT - Time Warner Licenses Cartoon Network Shows And 'Dallas' To Netflix
Click Here to View Story

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Jan. 14, 2013 — Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., The Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG), and Netflix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NFLX) today announced licensing agreements bringing to U.S. Netflix members complete previous seasons of animated and live-action programming from Cartoon Network, Warner Bros. Animation and Adult Swim, as well as the TNT serialized drama Dallas (produced by Warner Horizon Television).

Beginning March 30, 2013, complete past seasons of such great Cartoon Network shows as Adventure Time, Ben 10, Regular Show, Johnny Bravo, Warner Bros. Animation’s Green Lantern will become available on the popular “Just for Kids” section of the world’s leading Internet TV subscription service.

At the same time, Adult Swim shows, such as Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sony Pictures Television’s The Boondocks and the Emmy®-winning Childrens Hospital from WBTVG’s Studio 2.0, will be made available.

Coming exclusively to Netflix in January 2014 will be season one and two of the critically acclaimed Warner Horizon Television-produced TNT series Dallas.

“We are delighted that Netflix will become the exclusive over-the-top streaming subscription destination for past seasons of favorite Cartoon Network and Adult Swim titles,” said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer of Netflix. “We’re also thrilled to be able to offer the latest seasons of Dallas, one of the greatest all-time guilty pleasures.”

“The industry has evolved so that TV Everywhere and subscription video on-demand services can coexist with the appropriate windowing strategy, while allowing for more content flexibility to meet consumer demand in the changing digital landscape,” said Deborah K. Bradley, senior vice president of program acquisitions for Turner Broadcasting. “We’re happy to offer our popular programming to Netflix members, as SVOD services have become another way to grow audiences and can introduce new viewers to our programming.”

“We are thrilled to continue our great relationship with Netflix giving their subscribers access to more and more of our programming,” said Ken Werner, President, Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. “This represents another evolutionary step in the TV ecosystem working with Netflix, on the SVOD platform, to improve the consumer experience while being respectful of existing business models.”

Link
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

REPORT - Time Warner Licenses Cartoon Network Shows And 'Dal

Postby GeneticRepoMan » 14 Jan 2013 14:53

The first thing I thought when I read the title was ADVENTURE TIME!

If Cartoon Network refuses to sell proper season sets (they released Season 1 back in July, but since then have released two more random assortment sets!) on DVD this is my next best option.

Adult Swim has a few good things to offer so that'll be cool as well!
If you add me on any platform, shoot me a PM and let me know!
GeneticRepoMan
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: GeneticRepoMan
3DS: 3952-7010-8227
PSN: darkfire0

Re: REPORT - Time Warner Licenses Cartoon Network Shows And

Postby pokemaster515 » 14 Jan 2013 14:57

I'm hoping for Ed Edd n' Eddy, Grim Adventures, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
Last edited by pokemaster515 on 14 Jan 2013 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
pokemaster515
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: PKThunder
3DS: 1805-2174-0951

Postby Rhyno15 » 14 Jan 2013 14:59

Regular Show on Netflix?

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Rhyno15
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: Rhyno15
3DS: 3566-1679-0826
Steam ID: rhyno15

Postby Kama » 14 Jan 2013 15:20

Hopefully they get Cow & Chicken
I WANT MY NON-SPECIFIC ACTION GAME!!11!1
Kama
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby Gamingboy » 14 Jan 2013 15:52

..But does this mean DC Animated Universe stuff? I love me some Batman: The Animated Series.
Gamingboy
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Fatmanonice » 14 Jan 2013 15:52

Apparently getting the rights to distribute Disney and Pixar movies last month wasn't enough. :lol: Anybody else expecting video rental stores to be a thing of the past by 2016?
Fatmanonice
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby mariomaniac45213 » 14 Jan 2013 16:14

Netflix has definitely improved! lol It's Always Sunny, Futurama, American Dad, Disney Movies, Dreamworks movies to come soon as well, now I have Cartoon Network's back catalog and The Boondocks to look forward to as well! What's the point of cable again? lol All I need is Key & Peele and The Simpsons to be added and i'll die happy! :)
Finally got a PS3 sooo add me if you want. :)
mariomaniac45213
Toad
Toad

Wii: 0257-0866-8958-0148
PSN: TheDestructo1994
XBL: TheDestructo94

Postby WesFX » 14 Jan 2013 18:47

I don't have the adjective for how positive this is.

Fingers crossed for Saul of the Molemen!
WesFX
Metool
Metool

NN ID: WesFX7
Wii: 5451 3702 0833 3757

Postby TravenousMaximus » 14 Jan 2013 23:23

2 Stupid Dogs and Space Ghost Coast to Coast please!
TravenousMaximus
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: TravenousMaximus
3DS: 2020-0478-9770
PSN: TravenousMaximus

Postby lockNES » 15 Jan 2013 04:56

Fatmanonice wrote:Apparently getting the rights to distribute Disney and Pixar movies last month wasn't enough. :lol: Anybody else expecting video rental stores to be a thing of the past by 2016?

I'm really impressed with how strong they've started 2013. A year or two ago when they lost their Starz partnership, it seemed like streaming content was going to have a rough time ahead but with all the new supported devices and other streaming services such as Hulu Plus and Amazon Instant Video going strong, it must have helped push them through the licensing hell on to brighter pastures.

Hopefully, Netflix's success also means good things for the Wii U and the 3DS (if 3D movie support hits the platform as well). Super HD streaming on the Wii U, 3D movies on the Wii U and the 3DS, and Nintendo TVii integrating it all amongst all the other services and cable/satallite/DVR. It could be a very fruitful partnership for both companies moving forward.
lockNES
Fairy
Fairy

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion