Capcom not ready to talk Monster Hunter 4 localization

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Postby robometal cowboy » 17 Jan 2013 15:49

Click Here to View Story

Japan has an increasingly portable market and Monster Hunter has thrived there in the "ad hoc" world of face-to-face play. The Western markets have focused multiplayer play around online which has traditionally meant in the home, for which consoles have historically had a better play.

I think in the case of Tri Ultimate it was fairly serendipitous that we went this way but it's impossible for me to predict the future for the franchise beyond that. For MH4, we haven't announced release of that title in the West at this time nor have we discussed any platforms beyond 3DS. You'll note MH4 has moved its release date in Japan with a single SKU to later than originally announced. That team is laser focused on getting done what needs to happen to make that a fantastic from the ground up 3DS Monster Hunting experience. As such, any other discussion on this topic at this time at this point is moot. - Capcom's Christian Svensson

Svensson seems to be heavily hinting that Monster Hunter 4 might hit another platform. I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers for Wii U! Thanks to Alex for the heads up!

Link
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Postby Ry » 17 Jan 2013 16:12

I guess they're waiting to see how MH3G does with the online console and local-only portable versions before any talk starts. Fair enough.
"Your blade...it did not cut deep enough."
Ry
Octorok
Octorok

Re: Capcom not ready to talk Monster Hunter 4 localization

Postby TheWon » 17 Jan 2013 16:34

Svensson seems to be heavily hinting that Monster Hunter 4 might hit another platform. I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers for Wii U! Thanks to Alex for the heads up!

Did not see that any where! No way that game is going to release on anything but the 3DS in Japan.
TheWon and Only: Jodecideion
Owner and Creator of PMK: Project Online Gaming

TheWon
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: JodeciDeionThWon
3DS: 2878-9585-2503
Wii: 4304-0845-8566-8280

Postby LegendofSantiago » 17 Jan 2013 16:57

I imagine they are waiting to see how each version sells. If the wii u one is the only one that sells decently they might wait for MH4U to release it stateside like MH3u
LegendofSantiago
Fairy
Fairy

Postby kdognumba1 » 17 Jan 2013 16:58

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see the game on Wii U or even Vita as well.
kdognumba1
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: kdog254
3DS: 1676-3698-5986
Wii: 5726-8719-5929-3614
PSN: jotaroxtreme
XBL: kdog254

Postby gamblor » 17 Jan 2013 16:58

TheWon wrote:Svensson seems to be heavily hinting that Monster Hunter 4 might hit another platform. I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers for Wii U! Thanks to Alex for the heads up!

Did not see that any where! No way that game is going to release on anything but the 3DS in Japan.

He's not talking about Japan, talking about the west. Obviously its hitting 3DS in Japan. He's saying consoles might make more sense in the west since people focus more on online play here. I hope it comes to Wii U over 3ds since its way more comfortable, has dual analog, works on the big screen, has better online functionality, etc. A double release like MH3U would be awesome.
gamblor

Postby XCWarrior » 17 Jan 2013 18:22

It'll come here, not as worried as I used to be.
XCWarrior
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby WonderbreadUSA » 17 Jan 2013 19:45

I would love for Monster Hunter 4 to get an HD port to Wii U. I would be all over that.
WonderbreadUSA

Postby ferko » 18 Jan 2013 11:08

pound it like the fist of an angry god, tis more appropriate.
ferko
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: d.ferko
3DS: 416744879551

Postby Kazin » 19 Jan 2013 01:22

".. because Capcom has absolutely no idea what they're doing."

A lot of great companies falling hard this past decade or so. First Squenix, then Capcom.. wonder who's next? This stuff happens in threes.
Kazin
Fairy
Fairy

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion