IGN's Nintendo Nation #2 - Release Date Avalanche

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Postby robometal cowboy » 17 Jan 2013 21:28

Click Here to View Story

Direct link here
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Postby AnoukiAgentYellow » 17 Jan 2013 21:44

"These games exist"

That's good enough for me Nintendo!
"I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth" -Jonathan Swift
AnoukiAgentYellow
Chocobo
Chocobo

3DS: 4038-6169-7919

Postby LegendofSantiago » 17 Jan 2013 21:53

I like this guy more than Sam. As for the post launch drought, it's not that horrible, at least when compared to the last 2 systems i got at launch. I have a ton of classic Wii games to play first, then 3DS, then like 6 of the launch Wii U games that I'm waiting to drop in price. I am a bit concerned for around the summer since nothing is announced for that time. I imagine e3 will have plenty of announcements and I expect at least 1 or 2 big first party titles around the October-December period (and a couple of memorable 3rd party games as well), but we'll see
LegendofSantiago
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Josh5890 » 17 Jan 2013 22:52

Agreed Santiago, the games are coming. Besides Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3, Wonderful 101, and Rayman Legends in the near future, there are others. There will be a 3D Mario, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda, Dragon Quest X, retro's game. And that is the tip of the iceberg.
Josh5890
Chocobo
Chocobo

PSN: Josh5890

Re: IGN's Nintendo Nation #2 - Release Date Avalanche

Postby Entity » 17 Jan 2013 23:40

Well, I personally think it's a great start for a, hold tight now, NEW CONSOLE! It's been out for two months...Today isn't it? It has sold over 3 mill so far and there are games for everyone. Hell, I just downloaded two more today. Nano Assault Neo and Little Inferno. Both amazing games. So now I have six games. Ninja Gaiden 3 just came here to Europe so I am getting that soon. Might get CoD (wiimote Nuchuck support=I'm sold) an as so many have mentioned before, more games are just around the corner (Wonderful 101, Lego Underc, MH3Ultimate, Rayman, Aleins etc) an the unannounced games. Way better start than what the PS2, PS3 and the two Xbox consoles had if you ask me.
Entity
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: Alcovoices

Postby FadedAreWii » 17 Jan 2013 23:51

It sounds just as dumb to be a gamer and say you aren't playing anything other than Inferno a while ago. Not with New Super Mario, Zombi U, Nano Stray, Chasing Aurora, Nintendo Land and Scribblenauts Unlimited, and Mighty Switch Force available(keep in mind again this guy is playing Inferno), and that's only the exclusives, not counting some definitive versions of top tier multi-plat games, and quality multi-plats in general.
Skyward
FadedAreWii
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: WiiareFaded

Postby TotalHenshin » 18 Jan 2013 00:55

FadedAreWii wrote:It sounds just as dumb to be a gamer and say you aren't playing anything other than Inferno a while ago. Not with New Super Mario, Zombi U, Nano Stray, Chasing Aurora, Nintendo Land and Scribblenauts Unlimited, and Mighty Switch Force available(keep in mind again this guy is playing Inferno), and that's only the exclusives, not counting some definitive versions of top tier multi-plat games, and quality multi-plats in general.

Whoa, simmer down. I own a Wii U, but most of those games you mention are pretty short (especially Nano Assault Neo, not Nano Spray, and MSF). Brian reviewed Scribblenauts and gave it an 8.8 and loved it, and he probably played NSMBU as well, but the truth is that he is not alone in having a Wii U that is gathering dust and will be until Rayman Legends comes out. I know very well the Wii U's library, but have had my fill of the current options and am waiting quite eagerly for Rayman as well.
TotalHenshin
Flicky
Flicky

Postby Chosenoneknuckles » 18 Jan 2013 05:58

@Entity Also the Wii and 3DS - their post-launch draughts were abysmal.

Do not get the complaints [lack of some concrete release dates aside] about the Wii U's post-launch line-up, at all.

Heck, the 3DS is soon getting stuff that should've released last year [LM2 in Oct, AC whenever after etc.].
Chosenoneknuckles
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Chosenoneknux
3DS: 1590-4669-5649

Postby Entity » 18 Jan 2013 08:55

Chosenoneknuckles wrote:@Entity Also the Wii and 3DS - their post-launch draughts were abysmal.

Do not get the complaints [lack of some concrete release dates aside] about the Wii U's post-launch line-up, at all.

Heck, the 3DS is soon getting stuff that should've released last year [LM2 in Oct, AC whenever after etc.].

Indeed. Luigi's Mansion sure took it's time, didn't it? When it comes to Nintendo people sure have a tendency to complain. But this time I think some people complain just to complain. Many haven't even tried out the system or the games but talk nonsense. This is also a problem with reviews. Some people count on reviews alone. ZombiU got some ba reviews and they wont get the game because of those? What about the positive reviews? What about making up your own mind?
Entity
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: Alcovoices

Postby Devil_Rising » 18 Jan 2013 11:41

Herp derp. GET IT? Wii U is collecting dust!! *knee slap*
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
Devil_Rising
Bounty Hunter