FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby robometal cowboy » 23 Sep 2013 04:57

FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes
Click Here to View Story

This comes from today's Europe download press release...

FIFA 14 Legacy Edition delivers unmatched authenticity that reflects the current football season with updated kits and rosters but no updates to gameplay or game modes. It features 30 officially licensed leagues, 50 real-world tournaments, and 500 authentic clubs. Play traditional matches or free your game in epic 5-v-5 street matches with 3D effects. Play as a real-world superstar or re-create yourself. Optional touch screen controls deliver pin-point shooting and passing at your finger-tips.

What can I say? At least they are being honest about it.
User avatar
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot
 
Posts: 59116
Joined: 13 Dec 2009 00:23

FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby Elfteiroh » 23 Sep 2013 05:23

... This is brutally honest I must say! xD
I love Shy Guys... If only I could stay one...
[ ƒranz (note the weird "ƒ", the seal of TRUTH) on the 3DS FriendList!]
User avatar
Elfteiroh
Boo
Boo
 
Posts: 620
Joined: 05 May 2011 18:47
Location: Quebec - Canada
NN ID: Elfteiroh
3DS: 4425-1469-3163
Steam ID: Elfteiroh
PSN: Elfteiroh

Re: FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby ClaudeLv250 » 23 Sep 2013 05:53

Even the press release couldn't spin this.
User avatar
ClaudeLv250
Chocobo
Chocobo
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 01 Dec 2010 14:52
Location: Centropolis
Steam ID: Jamjohnx3
Wii: 8319 5826 5461 1313
PSN: ClaudeLv250
XBL: ClaudeLv250

Re: FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby coffeewithchess » 23 Sep 2013 06:04

I wonder if this was required by Nintendo? It WOULD be nice to see them force EA to at least let consumers know they are selling the old game just with names/numbers updated...especially since they didn't do it at the launch of the Wii U and allowed EA to shovel out year+ old ports with new names/numbers instead of the actual game by the same name on the other consoles.
http://www.coffeewithgames.com/
Drinking coffee, playing games...
User avatar
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo
 
Posts: 634
Joined: 23 Feb 2008 01:47
Location: North Carolina
NN ID: Coffees
Wii: 6546-4207-4091-0847
PSN: Hoj_Latte

FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby TheDreamingHawk » 23 Sep 2013 07:47

I bet Nintendo or someone made them put that info in, as if they didn't, EA actually could get in trouble for false advertising.

I have a feeling the PS2 version of the game end up better than the wii...
Image

Proud Nintendo fan since N64, proud RPG fan since Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
User avatar
TheDreamingHawk
Toad
Toad
 
Posts: 897
Joined: 01 Feb 2013 23:14
NN ID: TheDreaminHawk

Re: FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby sergiomonty » 23 Sep 2013 07:51

Perfect relationships with Nintendo? my butt. Even when you come to think about the Wii U, it is kind of understandable, but now the 3ds? how lame, EA.
User avatar
sergiomonty
Flicky
Flicky
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 15 Jul 2012 16:07

FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby Sisibakbak » 23 Sep 2013 08:00

@sergiomonty

It's not some anti-Nintendo thing, they did exactly the same thing with FIFA 13 last year on Vita.

I can only guess that FIFA doesn't sell too well on 3DS. EA probably wouldn't make enough back on it if they were to put any real effort into it but they'll make plenty of profit putting out a barely changed version even if a relatively small number picks it up since the development costs will be so low.

Doesn't stop it being a crappy thing to do, though. There'll be plenty of parents buying this for their kids I'm sure who have bought them past versions, unbeknownst to them that they're shelling out £30 or so for the exact same game as last year.
Sisibakbak
Boo
Boo
 
Posts: 577
Joined: 02 Oct 2012 15:38

Re: FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby redhatdrawler » 23 Sep 2013 08:21

And then EA will spin this into being the consumers fault for not buying, thus leading them to even crappier support. I F'N LOVE EA!!!! End sarcasm...
redhatdrawler
 

Re: FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby BowsersLoveChild » 23 Sep 2013 08:42

EA, LOL.
Bowser-Is-My-Father on IGN & Nintendo Enthusiast
Nintendo Original since 1984
Loving the Wii U, IGNoring the haters
User avatar
BowsersLoveChild
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 31 Oct 2012 06:30

FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby Mochlum » 23 Sep 2013 08:50

LOL
Spoiler:
Image
Green = Newcomers I Want
Blue = Veterans I Want Back
Yellow = Alternate Costumes
Red = Assist Trophy/Stage Hazard
User avatar
Mochlum
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: 17 Feb 2013 21:11
NN ID: Mochlum

Re: FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby Elfteiroh » 23 Sep 2013 09:00

Sisibakbak wrote:@sergiomonty

It's not some anti-Nintendo thing, they did exactly the same thing with FIFA 13 last year on Vita.

I can only guess that FIFA doesn't sell too well on 3DS. EA probably wouldn't make enough back on it if they were to put any real effort into it but they'll make plenty of profit putting out a barely changed version even if a relatively small number picks it up since the development costs will be so low.

Doesn't stop it being a crappy thing to do, though. There'll be plenty of parents buying this for their kids I'm sure who have bought them past versions, unbeknownst to them that they're shelling out £30 or so for the exact same game as last year.

I heard they are doing it again on vita for FIFA14
I love Shy Guys... If only I could stay one...
[ ƒranz (note the weird "ƒ", the seal of TRUTH) on the 3DS FriendList!]
User avatar
Elfteiroh
Boo
Boo
 
Posts: 620
Joined: 05 May 2011 18:47
Location: Quebec - Canada
NN ID: Elfteiroh
3DS: 4425-1469-3163
Steam ID: Elfteiroh
PSN: Elfteiroh

FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby DarkToonLink » 23 Sep 2013 09:22

Classic EA.
User avatar
DarkToonLink
Chocobo
Chocobo
 
Posts: 30
Joined: 06 May 2013 05:43

Re: FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby plan9 » 23 Sep 2013 09:25

This is just laughable and unforgivable, the nerves EA has. Yeah, nice that they at least admit as much in the press release, although that must be the strangest and most anti-marketing thing I've seen in a press release in a while. But if they have no interest in updating any of the game except for a few hour hack-job of inputting the new rosters, they should just call it FIFA 3DS or whatever (without the year number) AND sell the same damn SKU (keeping the roster/stats up-to-date through online updates) instead of changing the cover and the year number and fooling most of the consumers in the process (who just see it on the shelves without reading a press release online beforehand). EA does some good things too, on other platforms, I don't hate all of the company but the way they treat Nintendo customers is just greedy and pathetic, borderline criminal. And they kinda deserve whatever bad karma is coming to them at some point for it.
User avatar
plan9
Goomba
Goomba
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Nov 2008 15:09

FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby popplebottom » 23 Sep 2013 10:21

This press release was put out by Nintendo correct? Seems EA was more than happy to release the game without saying a word. I'll admit I don't know any of the business side but I don't know why Nintendo even licenses garbage like this.
popplebottom
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 23 May 2013 21:05

FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby Kroisos » 23 Sep 2013 11:12

It sounds like the people at Nintendo are getting as tired of EA as we are. I imagine they are getting angry calls from EA's PR department. I, for one, would be happy to take and respond to those calls.
User avatar
Kroisos
Chocobo
Chocobo
 
Posts: 49
Joined: 13 Feb 2013 16:34

Re: FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby Sisibakbak » 23 Sep 2013 11:15

Elfteiroh wrote:
Sisibakbak wrote:@sergiomonty

It's not some anti-Nintendo thing, they did exactly the same thing with FIFA 13 last year on Vita.

I can only guess that FIFA doesn't sell too well on 3DS. EA probably wouldn't make enough back on it if they were to put any real effort into it but they'll make plenty of profit putting out a barely changed version even if a relatively small number picks it up since the development costs will be so low.

Doesn't stop it being a crappy thing to do, though. There'll be plenty of parents buying this for their kids I'm sure who have bought them past versions, unbeknownst to them that they're shelling out £30 or so for the exact same game as last year.

I heard they are doing it again on vita for FIFA14


Wouldn't surprise me. Makes even more sense to go down that route on Vita considering how poorly it's doing. They do this with the PS2 versions (and now Wii) as well but to inflict consoles barely 2 years old like the 3DS and Vita with those tactics seems really unfair. It'd be fine if they just offered roster and kit updates to FIFA 13 for a small fee every year if they never plan on updating the game properly again but I guess if they did that they'd miss out on suckering in too many people who don't research what they're buying...

And holy crap I didn't realise they're charging £40 on the eShop for this. As if it weren't awful enough before!
Sisibakbak
Boo
Boo
 
Posts: 577
Joined: 02 Oct 2012 15:38

FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby Mirai » 23 Sep 2013 11:21

**** EA.
Mirai
 

FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby Vidaluko » 23 Sep 2013 11:41

Is not THAT bad, I mean people told me the same when I got FIFA 13 on the Vita, it was in a sale, and they where like: "Is the exact same game than the previous one, but with updated roster"

And I was like: "OK, but I don´t have the previous one, so..."
User avatar
Vidaluko
Goomba
Goomba
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 13 Nov 2009 02:04
NN ID: VidalukoVet
PSN: VidalukoVet
XBL: VidalukoVet

Re: FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby lz20xx » 23 Sep 2013 11:55

popplebottom wrote:This press release was put out by Nintendo correct? Seems EA was more than happy to release the game without saying a word. I'll admit I don't know any of the business side but I don't know why Nintendo even licenses garbage like this.


Because Nintendo makes money for nothing on licenses for games :wink:
User avatar
lz20xx
Goomba
Goomba
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 00:59

Re: FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby popplebottom » 23 Sep 2013 12:27

lz20xx wrote:
popplebottom wrote:This press release was put out by Nintendo correct? Seems EA was more than happy to release the game without saying a word. I'll admit I don't know any of the business side but I don't know why Nintendo even licenses garbage like this.


Because Nintendo makes money for nothing on licenses for games :wink:


Oh I'm sure they do but there comes a point where you have to wonder if harm to the brand/console from releases like this outweigh any licensing fees. Just seems pretty shortsighted.
popplebottom
Fairy
Fairy
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 23 May 2013 21:05

FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby Rurouni720 » 23 Sep 2013 12:35

So, what about EA being entitled to not give effort for their ports on Nintendo platforms because of business? This is utterly laughable and they deserve to get called out for it.
User avatar
Rurouni720
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant
 
Posts: 256
Joined: 09 Feb 2013 22:12
NN ID: Rurouni720
3DS: 4511-0918-1595
PSN: Fullmatrix09

Re: FIFA 14 on Nintendo 3DS has no new features or modes

Postby plan9 » 23 Sep 2013 15:19

EA Sports, it's in the game. Unless you're a Nintendo owner.
In which case, if it was in last year's game then it's in the game.
Probably.
User avatar
plan9
Goomba
Goomba
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Nov 2008 15:09


Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot]