ZombiU - preview

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

ZombiU - preview

Postby robometal cowboy » 08 Nov 2012 23:06

ZombiU - preview
Click Here to View Story
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Re: ZombiU - preview

Postby Eternal Rain » 08 Nov 2012 23:36

Really looking forward to this game. It'll likely have to be a Christmas purchase since I currently have no desire to change my current pre-orders (as of right now Christmas is consisting of this game, Halo 4, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and hopefully Ninja Gaiden III: Razor's Edge).

Lately I have been playing the game Dead Island on the PC, and both seem somewhat similar, but also not really. Both are first person games with zombies and missions to take on, but Dead Island is more of an action-RPG styled game (imagine a modern day setting Elder Scrolls, but all enemies are zombies), while this looks more old-school survival horror, minus the third person view and tank controls.

Man if only I had an extra $60 I'd so get this at launch.
Eternal Rain
Toad
Toad

Postby KillerHeroes » 08 Nov 2012 23:59

The gameplay aspect where you have to go recover your lost items and if you die on the way, you lose everything is very reminiscent of Demon/Dark Souls. It feels like it's doing survival horror properly. Really hyped for this game.
KillerHeroes
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: GhostMutt
3DS: 4296-3174-5909

ZombiU - preview

Postby Furious Francis » 09 Nov 2012 01:55

Yeah the guys at my site are really hyped for this game. Were going to have all sorts of launch day coverage.
Furious Francis
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: Furious-Francis
PSN: BullDoggPride32
XBL: Realistic OJ32

Postby curiousriz » 09 Nov 2012 18:52

Just wondering. Is the shadow flickering and messy appearance a lack of anti-alias on the system or the game? I find that messy shadows and squiggly cords are distracting.

I'm playing AC3 (PS3) and boy is it prominent here. Especially during cut-scenes.
curiousriz
Goomba
Goomba

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion