Nyko's U Boost battery for Wii U GamePad

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Postby robometal cowboy » 12 Nov 2012 14:38

Click Here to View Story

No picture yet, but we do have some details.

- Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Battery
- Play longer with your Nintendo Wii U controller with Nyko's U Boost and get up to double the Battery life.
- Rechargeable lithium polymer battery for up to double the play time
- Uses existing Wii U Gamepad AC adaptor

I'm always nervous with these kind of batteries. I don't like opening up my systems/controllers like that. This product is for those braver than I, which isn't hard to do! Thanks to Jay for the heads up.

Link
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Postby LegendofSantiago » 12 Nov 2012 14:41

Yeah, no thanks. I'd rather not break the $100+ controller.
LegendofSantiago
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Fuzzles » 12 Nov 2012 14:42

Nah, it's gonna be one of those things where it doesn't just replace the battery it practically replaces the controller with this honking huge plastic accessory that juts out to next week and has to clip on to the back somewhere with steel girder rivets.
Fuzzles
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Journeys » 12 Nov 2012 14:44

If it works as well as the battery they did for the 3ds I most likely get it. They even improved how the 3ds felt by adding that battery. I really don't want to have to play with the controller plugged.
Journeys
Fairy
Fairy

3DS: 4897-5972-0042
PSN: Mac128k
XBL: Stargazer4

Re: Nyko's U Boost battery for Wii U GamePad

Postby sundin13 » 12 Nov 2012 14:56

just sayin', Nintendo has actually stated that they will be selling additional batteries if you would like to replace yours after a few years so it wont be as complicated as replacing the battery in a ps3 controller. It is likely that you just open it up and switch batteries. No hassle, no risk
sundin13
Shyguy
Shyguy

Re: Nyko's U Boost battery for Wii U GamePad

Postby Kittenkiller5000 » 12 Nov 2012 15:02

Fuzzles wrote:Nah, it's gonna be one of those things where it doesn't just replace the battery it practically replaces the controller with this honking huge plastic accessory that juts out to next week and has to clip on to the back somewhere with steel girder rivets.

Actually the battery replacement pictures in the wii u manual show the battery only taking up about half the open space, so it's possible Nintendo planned for extended batteries.
Kittenkiller5000

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion