Does the Wii U have a universal screen shot tool?

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Postby robometal cowboy » 12 Nov 2012 15:00

Click Here to View Story

We know the Wii U lets you take screenshots of games to send over Miiverse, but can you take a screenshot of anything going on on Wii U? Some are saying this Iwata Asks interaction indicates that ability.

Kurisu: I want people to try Miiverse just by itself, and also try posting to Miiverse from games. If you spot a cool scene, you can post a screenshot by pressing the HOME Button. I truly hope people will actively participate in the communities tied to particular games.

Iwata: After you press the HOME Button, you can go from the HOME Button Menu to Miiverse. The game screen that was displayed at the time will be saved as a screenshot that you can post, right?

Kurisu: Yes. There's a spoiler button, too. We've designed it so that people who don't want to see spoilers won't have to.

Iwata: There's also a way to report something that you feel is a spoiler so it should be hidden.

Kurisu: Yeah. I hope people will make use of such features and enjoy aspects of Miiverse that connect to the games.

Does this mean you can use the home button to grab a screen of anything going on on the Wii U? Once the day-one update is available for press, we'll be sure to check this out! Thanks to Dim for the heads up.

Link
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Postby LegendofSantiago » 12 Nov 2012 15:02

That sounds really cool. And technically you should be able to copy the pictures to your pc if you access miiverse through whatever means Nintendo plans on PC/smartphone. (in browser or separate app)
LegendofSantiago
Goomba
Goomba

Re: Does the Wii U have a universal screen shot tool?

Postby Totaldemon » 12 Nov 2012 15:05

Yes, the most amazing thing about this is that ou can make a screenshot AND POST IT in the game boards of miiverse to let the people see it and coment about it.
Totaldemon
Fairy
Fairy

Postby RD3AV5 » 12 Nov 2012 15:31

My life is complete with this news.
RD3AV5
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby Windsor » 12 Nov 2012 15:42

I've heard of another platform with this feature pretty recently, which leaves me wondering one thing. Is it actually a universal screenshot tool, or is a PlayStation Vita universal screenshot tool? Honestly, it's such a cool feature but I've gotten so sick of "You cannot take a screenshot of this screen" that I've quit trying to take screenshots. It's also annoyingly cumbersome to use in normal conditions. I hope Nintendo does better than Sony has in this regard.
Check out my video series!
http://tinyurl.com/p4aulxw
Here's my Twitter page. If you stay far away no one would blame you.
https://twitter.com/NEHWind
Windsor
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: WindsorNH
3DS: 1075-0722-4693

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion