Ubisoft defends Assassin's Creed III

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Postby robometal cowboy » 13 Nov 2012 17:43

Click Here to View Story

Assassin's Creed III isn't exactly blowing away reviewers. It seems the game is quite sloppy in some areas, with more than a handful of bugs causing issues. Ubisoft has taken to a Reddit AMA to answer some of these claims.

On stealth issues...

our stealth is primarily "social stealth", and we've been debating having a crouch button since pretty much day 1. It was always the vision that crouching in public spaces is not "hiding in plain sight" - if anything you're calling attention to yourself. We found that the "stalking zones" - the low vegitation where you can crouch down while low profile - are a good compromise since it allows you to crouch but only in circumstances that make sense.

Check out the full summary here
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Re: Ubisoft defends Assassin's Creed III

Postby Shaanyboi » 13 Nov 2012 18:10

I really don't have a problem with alot of the design tweaks they've made to the game. I had a lot of problems with the 'human shield' thing at first, but it''s just a matter of understanding the timing of that mechanic and being able to pull your mindset out of the combat, shifting focus to be like "Okay, I need to grab someone so they can dump all their bullets into him," and then re-evaluate from there.
Shaanyboi
Shyguy
Shyguy

XBL: Shaanyboi

Postby The Stickman » 13 Nov 2012 18:28

"Isn't exactly blowing away reviewers" Urmm...excuse me? Last time I checked it was recieving critical acclaim. As usual it's the loudest portion of internet nerds who are blowing problems out of proportion like they do with every highly anticipated installment of a popular franchise.
The Stickman
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Zaakro » 13 Nov 2012 20:13

@Shaanyboi

Yeah I know what you mean with the human shield, it was kind of confusing when ever i tried to do it.
Zaakro
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: zaakro
3DS: 3823-8513-5205
XBL: Zaakro

Postby Atariadam » 13 Nov 2012 20:50

I really wanna try this, I didnt like the first one much, and never played the 2nd. I read a coupla reviews about the poor controls but I tend to not fully rely on reviews that constantly compare game A to game B. Still AC1's controls and I never did get along. . . . .

And human shield, nice fantasy. In reality those musket shots would have gone right through the person no problem. Still cant wait to try it tho.
Atariadam
Flicky
Flicky

3DS: 0516-7264-4557
Wii: 0842-9108-6704-2303

Postby Johnknight1 » 13 Nov 2012 22:09

The problem with crouching is you can't please everyone, without spending a lot of time and money on it. You could have a crouch be realistic. If you crouch in public areas where everyone can see you, you draw awareness, and attract a crowd.

If you crouch in isolated areas and someone sees you, they act surprised, and speak loudly (to you or to someone about it).

If you crouch and you aren't seen, no one can hear you sneaking up on them.

@The Stickman
It isn't getting critical acclaim. It's getting B-ish and mid-80's-ish grades on average. That's good, but not critical acclaim status, like Halo 4 is getting.
Johnknight1
Fairy
Fairy

Postby kdognumba1 » 14 Nov 2012 15:49

Is Social stealth like Social Security? Do I have to pay for it?
kdognumba1
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: kdog254
3DS: 1676-3698-5986
Wii: 5726-8719-5929-3614
PSN: jotaroxtreme
XBL: kdog254

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion