Nintendo says Wii U selling out quickly, trying to keep u...

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Nintendo says Wii U selling out quickly, trying to keep u...

Postby robometal cowboy » 14 Nov 2012 14:30

Nintendo says Wii U selling out quickly, trying to keep up with demand, may have shortages
Click Here to View Story

"All I can say is that the response has been phenomenal and we're getting, especially in the higher priced deluxe set, that one's selling out incredibly quickly. That seems to indicate that the pricing's in a good spot and the proof is in the consumer response.

Certainly we've seen brisk pre-sales and that the phone calls have been coming into our headquarters for quite a while now asking for more and so we do expect high demand. But I can tell you this - on opening week we will have more systems on hand for the Wii U than we did for the launch of Wii. And, second, our replenishments will be more frequent this holiday time than during the Wii launch. But, having said all that, it's impossible to exactly predict demand, and so I can't say that we won't have some shortages out there and that people won't have to be a little patient with the replenishment truckload and shipments and boatloads to arrive." - Nintendo of America's Scott Moffitt

It sounds like Nintendo is better prepared this time around, but they can't promise that they'll have enough to go around. Are we going to see a Wii situation all over again?

Link
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Nintendo says Wii U selling out quickly, trying to keep up w

Postby LinkMaster111 » 14 Nov 2012 14:34

I think there will be shortages, just not as bad as the Wii's.
LinkMaster111
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: Star-Lord

Re: Nintendo says Wii U selling out quickly, trying to keep

Postby Windsor » 14 Nov 2012 14:44

It's funny how that sort of thing goes. You have to keep up with demand and avoid a shortage, but if you have units readily available people will say that it isn't successful because you made sure that people can actually find one. Especially coming off of the Wii's early success, it's gonna be tough for Nintendo to avoid that kind of talk.

"Replenishment Truck". That's fun to say for some reason.
A faithful GoNintendo reader/comment leaver for three years!
Here's my Twitter page. If you stay far away no one would blame you.
https://twitter.com/WindsorNEH
Windsor
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: WindsorNH
3DS: 1075-0722-4693

Postby kdognumba1 » 14 Nov 2012 15:57

You know, if the system sells so well that its out of stock but enough people have it to show off the features of the system to others as well as the games, it will probably generate a huge amount of hype the way the Wii did and extend the sales much further beyond what most people are predicting.
kdognumba1
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: kdog254
3DS: 1676-3698-5986
Wii: 5726-8719-5929-3614
PSN: jotaroxtreme
XBL: kdog254

Postby bearded OTP » 14 Nov 2012 22:26

Yeah, far too many systems are going to A-holes who are selling them on eBay for $700...people like that need to die!
Don't sit there and peek around the corner and ask me stupid questions when I'm playing a video game like 'who's winning?' I'M winning. that's all you need to know.
bearded OTP
Goomba
Goomba

3DS: 2320-6357-8902
PSN: bearded_OTP
XBL: Bearded OTP

Postby Wii_Jedi » 14 Nov 2012 23:25

"But I can tell you this - on opening week we will have more systems on hand for the Wii U than we did for the launch of Wii. And, second, our replenishments will be more frequent this holiday time than during the Wii launch."

Good, I really don't want to have to scramble to get one.
Wii_Jedi
Goomba
Goomba

3DS: 4682-8460-2623

Postby Geek_Things » 15 Nov 2012 17:25

Thats why I preordered the basic bundle. I wanted the WiiU at launch no matter what. I can play my White WiiU and wait for the Deluxe later.
Geek_Things
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: Geek_Things
PSN: Lou-igi
XBL: M0NKEY H0U5E

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion