Spike TV VGAs - nominee list

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Postby robometal cowboy » 15 Nov 2012 16:18

Click Here to View Story

Check out the nominees here
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Re: Spike TV VGAs - nominee list

Postby Shaanyboi » 15 Nov 2012 16:28

gotta love how the 'best performance' nominees are always just celebrities and have nothing to do with, y'know, ACTUAL voice actors.
Shaanyboi
Shyguy
Shyguy

XBL: Shaanyboi

Postby Johnknight1 » 15 Nov 2012 16:35

After the UFC left Spike, I forgot that channel still exists.
Johnknight1
Fairy
Fairy

Re: Spike TV VGAs - nominee list

Postby gamblor » 15 Nov 2012 16:35

How can they pick games that aren't even out yet as nominees? These awards are one big advertisement to sell games over the holidays and they just pick whatever seems popular without putting any thought into it. And what's popular to them is whatever looks the best, sold the most, and cost the most to make. It's like the Oscars except only big budget Michael bay action movies are nominated. "And the movie of the year is...Transformers 5! Opening this Christmas! EXPLOSIONS! Goodnight."
gamblor

Postby muddy2 » 15 Nov 2012 16:38

I totally think that Xenoblade should be at least a nominee for game of the year...
muddy2
Fairy
Fairy

Postby OMGerBer » 15 Nov 2012 17:11

I have to admit that I'm not a fan of Spike's VGAs because of how they are conducted and more importantly WHEN they are held. It is absolutely a marketing scheme. But I am very happy to see so much love in the nominees for Journey. I know this is a Nintendo site, but that game is beyond words. And to see an indie experience that pushes the boundaries of what a game is get nominated for Game of the Year makes me feel good inside. If nothing else, go vote for that game for the vast amount of nominations it got. It deserves to win. If you've never played it, get on a PS3 and play. You WILL love it.
OMGerBer
Fairy
Fairy

Postby TheBaconator » 15 Nov 2012 17:50

Well, at least Persona 4 Arena got nominated for something.
Always washes hands before gaming because you can never be too sure.
TheBaconator
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: TheOddManOut
3DS: 1805-2173-6124
Steam ID: Palmnut
PSN: TheBaconator95
XBL: TheBaconator95

Postby PEICanada7 » 15 Nov 2012 20:19

What the hell is up with the handheld nominees? 3 of the 4 games are Vita games, and well they all seem to be good games, why is NSMB2 is the only 3DS representative? No RE: Revelations, or Kid Icarus, or Professor Layton even though all 3 have higher Metacritic review scores than NSMB2. Plus why are Nintendo systems downloadable games always forgotten about? What about Mutant Mudds?
PEICanada7

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion