Wired - 10 Things I Hate About Wii U

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Postby robometal cowboy » 19 Nov 2012 17:39

Click Here to View Story

Is everything on the Wii U perfect? Of course it's not, nor is everything on any other system. You take the good with the bad and move on. With this article, I feel there are a few legitimate gripes. I also find a handful of the complaints to be a bit silly, a bit snarky. Perhaps I'm just easy to please or too forgiving. That goes for my personality in general, not a forgiving nature for only Nintendo-related affairs.

Article here
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Postby LegendofSantiago » 19 Nov 2012 17:43

My biggest problems are the loading times on the OS and the 1 or 2 freezes i have had. If Nintendo fixes this soon then i believe they have a winner on their hands.
LegendofSantiago
Fairy
Fairy

Re: Wired - 10 Things I Hate About Wii U

Postby Windsor » 19 Nov 2012 17:43

The Wii-U GamePad is a non-factor. You're never going to play for five hours straight, are you? And the charger cable is huge. There's no reason not to charge it if it gets low while you're playing. Just do the sensible thing and plug it up when you stop playing. There's literally no reason not too. You don't complain about a laptop having a tiny battery, do you? You're supposed to plug it into the wall.
A faithful GoNintendo reader/comment leaver for three years!
Here's my Twitter page. If you stay far away no one would blame you.
https://twitter.com/WindsorNEH
Windsor
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: WindsorNH
3DS: 1075-0722-4693

Postby rodjoh » 19 Nov 2012 17:47

I was really looking forward to the Wii U backward compatibility, but Im not so sure about this silly "Wii Mode"... I really really hope they let go of it on a future update and have everything load from the main screen.
rodjoh
Goomba
Goomba

Wii: 7538 9307 7461 1361
PSN: rodjoh

Postby Pemicope » 19 Nov 2012 17:49

We need to keep in mind that the Wii U was launched yesterday! Why not making an article like this in a few months? It doesn't make any sense now...
Nintendo Forever!
Pemicope
Fairy
Fairy

NN ID: Pemicope

Postby TheBitBlock » 19 Nov 2012 17:53

*Sees the article is written by Chris Kohler and walks away*
TheBitBlock
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Darkarm87 » 19 Nov 2012 18:09

Firmware updates are just bad but I'll take it if means Nintendo is making a commitment to digitally updating its device, as opposed to getting a redesign down the line. And the day one patch is still not as bad the PSN's rebooting of its own online network last year. That took an 1 and a half.

My real gripe at this point is how the Wii is handled on here. Sure I can transfer everything over (and with so many files I was worried about, I was shocked) and this may be needless whining, but I really wanna play all my VC, WiiWare, and Wii games on the Gamepad and not have to point at the TV. I hope that gets patched in the future.
Darkarm87
Fairy
Fairy

PSN: Darkarm66

Postby PatrickTheHuman » 19 Nov 2012 18:14

I'll break down everything one-by-one.
Spoiler:
1. The update only took so long because Nintendo's server reached it's limits, and I imagine that's why posting to MiiVerse took so long as well.
2. I agree, the OS is slow, but they're working on something now, so it should be a non-issue soon.
3. If one of your "problems" is Netflix being the same as on PS360, you're grasping for straws. Nothing was promised at all, so why did you expect something huge?
4. The GamePad's AC cable is HUGE, and it can be plugged in anywhere. And when would you be playing nonstop for four hours anyways?
5. I agree here, the MiiVerse has a long way to go. Anyone remember else remember in one of the Pokemon games, you couldn't post the name of a certain Pokemon because it had ass in it's name?
6. You could just leave it on overnight. Who's going to say, "I finally got a Wii U! I can't wait to play all my old Wii games!". The SD card problem he mentions IS terrible, though. I have an SD card full of games I can't play because the Wii I bought them on crashed.
7. Again, at least it HAS backwards compatibility, unlike the current PS360's.
8. They'll all work in a month's time, it's really not a big deal.
9. I haven't had any problems, but I do admit that I wouldn't of minded a better touch screen.
10. That's not a Miiverse problem, if anything it's you not being able to find something in plain sight.

I hope I did a good job countering all of his points for those of you still on the fence about it.
PatrickTheHuman
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

NN ID: PatrickTheHuman
3DS: 0259-0444-2571
PSN: Patthehuman
XBL: PatTheHuman64

Postby thorn-rock » 19 Nov 2012 18:53

@TheBitBlock

haha ^^
pretty much this.

*walks away too*
thorn-rock
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby WesFX » 19 Nov 2012 19:04

So I've been listening to this guys podcast recently; he seemed intelligent, if a bit of an exaggerator.

Reading this, he just seems like an over-reactionary idiot. I will not be tuning into the podcast for the next few weeks, so that I can potentially avoid more of this.....opinion.
WesFX
Metool
Metool

NN ID: WesFX7
Wii: 5451 3702 0833 3757

Postby gojiguy » 19 Nov 2012 19:49

It sounds like Nintendo is really screwing Wii owners over. This "wii mode" sounds like absolute crap.

Integrate Wii Software into the Wii U OS! Integrate and update the Wii Virtual Console!
gojiguy
Goomba
Goomba

Postby kdognumba1 » 20 Nov 2012 02:16

I think the article has a bit more ridiculous complaints then it does have on point ones.
kdognumba1
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: kdog254
3DS: 1676-3698-5986
Wii: 5726-8719-5929-3614
PSN: jotaroxtreme
XBL: kdog254

Postby GameWatching » 20 Nov 2012 03:52

Every post pointing out flaws in the Wii U system will be thumbed down and hated in GoNintendo.

You guys are great...
GameWatching
Fairy
Fairy

Postby thorn-rock » 20 Nov 2012 04:12

GameWatching wrote:Every post pointing out flaws in the Wii U system will be thumbed down and hated in GoNintendo.

You guys are great...

Yeah ok I can do that too:

"Every Wii U post thumbed down will have somebody stating we are just fanboys."

See that was easy. If you want to make any difference, go read the article then come back and tell us what you think. Then maybe when you see how craptastic it is you can admit it desrves to be thumbed down. Or maybe you can convince us that it's a great read even though I doubt it. But at least you won't be doing what you're blaming the others for: posting with an obvious bias.
thorn-rock
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby GameWatching » 20 Nov 2012 04:34

thorn-rock wrote:
GameWatching wrote:Every post pointing out flaws in the Wii U system will be thumbed down and hated in GoNintendo.

You guys are great...

Yeah ok I can do that too:

"Every Wii U post thumbed down will have somebody stating we are just fanboys."

See that was easy. If you want to make any difference, go read the article then come back and tell us what you think. Then maybe when you see how craptastic it is you can admit it desrves to be thumbed down. Or maybe you can convince us that it's a great read even though I doubt it. But at least you won't be doing what you're blaming the others for: posting with an obvious bias.

If the article pointed out good things about the Wii U, it would have been thumbed up, no matter how bad it was written.
GameWatching
Fairy
Fairy

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion