Assassin's Creed III - nearly a half hour of footage

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Postby robometal cowboy » 21 Nov 2012 00:46

Click Here to View Story

Direct link here
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Re: Assassin's Creed III - nearly a half hour of footage

Postby Monoxzide » 21 Nov 2012 01:43

definetly the weaker of the competing current consoles from what i saw in comparision videos.
theres no doubt wii u is fun..but they should have called it the nintendo titanic..for it will be dead in the water very shortly,once again to repeat the history of the wii
Monoxzide
Fairy
Fairy

Postby void3953 » 21 Nov 2012 02:23

Monoxzide wrote:definetly the weaker of the competing current consoles from what i saw in comparision videos.
theres no doubt wii u is fun..but they should have called it the nintendo titanic..for it will be dead in the water very shortly,once again to repeat the history of the wii

You know, it's not difficult to make any system look bad if you try.

Have you heard about the ZoE HD collection? It's an HD port of the ZoE games from the PS2 for the PS3 and the 360. Except, the developer has been having all kinds of issues with the frame rates. They just can't seem to get them up to an acceptable level. Now, these are PS2 games. Shouldn't the godly PS3 and 360 be able to run them at native 1080p without even breaking a sweat? And yet they can't. The 360 version apparently drops to around 35 FPS quite often and the Ps3 version is supposed to be even worse.

Now, from this situation, would you say that's it's completely acceptable to infer that the PS3 and the 360 are only marginally more powerful systems than the PS2?
void3953
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Reynard » 21 Nov 2012 02:46

void3953 wrote:
Monoxzide wrote:definetly the weaker of the competing current consoles from what i saw in comparision videos.

You know, it's not difficult to make any system look bad if you try.

Have you heard about the ZoE HD collection? It's an HD port of the ZoE games from the PS2 for the PS3 and the 360. Except, the developer has been having all kinds of issues with the frame rates. They just can't seem to get them up to an acceptable level. Now, these are PS2 games. Shouldn't the godly PS3 and 360 be able to run them at native 1080p without even breaking a sweat? And yet they can't. The 360 version apparently drops to around 35 FPS quite often and the Ps3 version is supposed to be even worse.

Now, from this situation, would you say that's it's completely acceptable to infer that the PS3 and the 360 are only marginally more powerful systems than the PS2?

Shh, you're not supposed to bring logic into this. :P

Also, I fail to see any significant difference in quality in this version from that footage.
Reynard
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: Reynard_Fox
3DS: 2277-6695-2597
XBL: Reynard-Foxx

Postby coffeewithchess » 21 Nov 2012 02:55

Check the # of posts. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
http://www.coffeewithgames.com/
Drinking coffee, playing games...
coffeewithchess
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Coffees
Wii: 6546-4207-4091-0847
PSN: Hoj_Latte

Postby Frankula » 21 Nov 2012 04:20

coffeewithchess wrote:Check the # of posts. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

# of posts means shovel since replying to articles doesn't increase your post count. I comment all the time, but my post count is low cause i don't go to the actual forums often at all.

Really they should change the way post count works, its extremely stupid to not count commenting on articles.
Frankula
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Reynard » 21 Nov 2012 04:28

Frankula wrote:Really they should change the way post count works, its extremely stupid to not count commenting on articles.

I totally agree.
Reynard
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby thorn-rock » 21 Nov 2012 05:17

@Monoxzide

Yeah right, Nintendo is doomed blabla...

@the news:

Now about the game, they could not figure out a way to make you actually feel the danger of climbing up a sailing mast with the boat being caught in a storm and everything shaking around?

This is so lame seriously. So in Assassin's Creed III, climbing up a boat in the middle of a raging storm feels exactly like climbing up a ladder in any other parts of any of the other games.

Wow, talk about missed opportunity.
thorn-rock
Metool
Metool

Postby internet » 21 Nov 2012 09:04

the trolls are fierce i see .
Now really like those tiny differences would be noticed by the consumers , i mean at one point this got to stop . And actually mixing all the different ports together and pretending that a bad shadow at one point is equivalent to some clearly rushed low framerate , that is not useful at all . Some games should be avoided , but since the hyperbole is running wild it's hard to know . Only one game for now is really bad afaik .

About the game , i don't know what i was expecting , it's acreed . I feel those types of games have great PR and great fans , because what i play and what people said i do , those are two totally different things . Well that's the problem with cinematic gaming obviously
internet
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Barto » 21 Nov 2012 12:27

@Reynard

Actually commenting on these articles DO affect your post count.

Go to your UCP in your profile. Under overview, look at # of posts. Look at your recent posts and they will be all the recent story posts you have commented on.

All of these discussions actually do take place in the forums.
ImageImageImage
Barto
Shyguy
Shyguy

3DS: 0344-9289-9960

Postby thorn-rock » 21 Nov 2012 13:26

so is there a way to keep that outfit?

because that one looks actually decent contrary to the usual ridiculous hey-I'm-right-here-just-kill-me-now assassin outfit.
thorn-rock
Metool
Metool

Postby Windsor » 21 Nov 2012 14:42

The Vita can't even render its games at its native resolution and has framerate problems on top of that. It's obviously "dead in the water".

Comparing the same games on different consoles is a stupid practice anyhow, especially when the console you're comparing too wasn't even out when that game was released. Of course they aren't going to have some immediate striking improvement. They didn't improve anything. They just took the game and put it on a different console. They didn't fix up models or up texture resolution, or anything like that. When the exclusive Wii-U from the next year or two start coming out, then we can start comparing console power and get results that aren't both entirely predictable and irrelevant.
A faithful GoNintendo reader/comment leaver for three years!
Here's my Twitter page. If you stay far away no one would blame you.
https://twitter.com/WindsorNEH
Windsor
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: WindsorNH
3DS: 1075-0722-4693

Postby Reynard » 22 Nov 2012 00:24

Barto wrote:@Reynard

Actually commenting on these articles DO affect your post count.

Go to your UCP in your profile. Under overview, look at # of posts. Look at your recent posts and they will be all the recent story posts you have commented on.

All of these discussions actually do take place in the forums.

This is just not happening for me, I have posted over 550 messages according to 'show your posts' in my UCP yet my counter has been stuck at 157/158 posts for most of 2012.
Reynard
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion