2K Games president says Wii U to be successful, without a...

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

2K Games president says Wii U to be successful, without a...

Postby robometal cowboy » 21 Nov 2012 15:44

2K Games president says Wii U to be successful, without a doubt
Click Here to View Story

“Nintendo always impresses and surprises me. The team there has so much knowledge built up over many, many years. Nintendo always finds its crowd. There have been people doubting the Wii U because they don’t really understand it. I wasn’t sure about the Wii and I was proved wrong, proved wrong by my own people, which I like the most because we sold a lot of Carnival Games. I believe the Wii U offers something special and we will be surprised how consumers will get attached. There’s nothing in my body, not a single piece, doubting that the Wii U will be successful.” - 2K Games president Christoph Hartmann

I wonder how the rest of 2K and Take-Two feels about Wii U. I doubt they're all as optimistic as Mr. Hartmann, but I wish they were!

Link
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

2K Games president says Wii U to be successful, without a do

Postby CyTheLegend » 21 Nov 2012 15:46

Bring on the Carnival Games.
CyTheLegend
Goomba
Goomba

Re: 2K Games president says Wii U to be successful, without

Postby gatorboi352 » 21 Nov 2012 15:49

Look, i think we can all get over this whole" 3rd parties wish and hope" regarding Nintendo. 3rd parties have not been the same about Nintendo home consoles since N64 days.

Even Gamecube landed RE4 first, but that still hasn't shifted the view of Nintendo consoles in the eyes of 3rd parties, and I don't think anything ever will.

Also, I highly doubt we will see more than a handful of 3rd party games over the lifespan of Wii U actually incorporate Miiverse to any extent that Nintendo Land and NSMBU has.

It is what it is. Enjoy your Wii U for what we all bought them for: Nintendo franchises in HD.
gatorboi352
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: gatorboi352
Wii: 6358 4960 5851 8155

2K Games president says Wii U to be successful, without a do

Postby TopCat » 21 Nov 2012 16:10

NO NO & NO gatoboi... I refuse to pay £300 so that I can play 2 - 3 games per year... No thanks. Also - more Carnival Games - YUPPEE!
TopCat
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby void3953 » 21 Nov 2012 16:21

TopCat wrote:NO NO & NO gatoboi... I refuse to pay £300 so that I can play 2 - 3 games per year... No thanks. Also - more Carnival Games - YUPPEE!

Doesn't really matter. If 3rd parties jump on the next Sony/MS systems and continue the insane budget inflation that we saw this generation, and I suspect they will as they're stupid enough to, there won't be too many left besides Nintendo by the time the dust settles anyway.
void3953
Fairy
Fairy

Postby CCFanboy » 21 Nov 2012 17:11

gatorboi352 wrote:Even Gamecube landed RE4 first, but that still hasn't shifted the view of Nintendo consoles in the eyes of 3rd parties, and I don't think anything ever will.

Because japanese third parties sell fine on nintendo as a whole. People need to stop throwing the term 'third party support' as if this is a global thing. At the very least we will have japanese support. Probably more then the xbox will have next generation.
CCFanboy
Fairy
Fairy

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion