Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage...

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage...

Postby robometal cowboy » 22 Nov 2012 23:15

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! - review
Click Here to View Story

A portion of an IGN review...

Adventure Time fans couldn’t have hoped for more from the cartoon’s first true video game, and this adventure is so well done that I’m sure sequels will follow – hopefully with WayForward handling development once again.

Full review here
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Re: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbag

Postby Autosaver » 22 Nov 2012 23:22

How to: Make a Good Licensed Game

HIRE WAYFORWARD
Autosaver
Boo
Boo

NN ID: Autosaver

Postby RAWR » 23 Nov 2012 09:49

I didn't care how this game turned out. I was buying it lol
RAWR
Goomba
Goomba

Wii: 0307 8186 0841 8455

Postby Kazin » 23 Nov 2012 14:13

It's a good game. It's just not a great game, which it needs to be. One step would've been to make it fully voiced, which is what I was expecting to see myself when I grabbed it. It's a huge missed opportunity. If the next game isn't fully voiced, not going to waste my money.
Kazin
Fairy
Fairy

Postby SparkyMuffin » 23 Nov 2012 17:20

Kazin wrote:It's a good game. It's just not a great game, which it needs to be. One step would've been to make it fully voiced, which is what I was expecting to see myself when I grabbed it. It's a huge missed opportunity. If the next game isn't fully voiced, not going to waste my money.

That seems like such a silly thing to be focusing on... It's not a visual novel game.
SparkyMuffin
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: SparkyMuffin

Postby Fuego6 » 23 Nov 2012 18:10

Kazin wrote:It's a good game. It's just not a great game, which it needs to be. One step would've been to make it fully voiced, which is what I was expecting to see myself when I grabbed it. It's a huge missed opportunity. If the next game isn't fully voiced, not going to waste my money.

It's almost like you don't get how cart size works.
Fuego6

Postby Kazin » 25 Nov 2012 19:39

YF3 wrote:That seems like such a silly thing to be focusing on... It's not a visual novel game.

Normally I'd not necropost, but I'm gonna do it anyway here 'cause it's worth it. I'm aware that it's not a visual novel game, but if you actually watch the show (which I'm beginning to think you don't), the voices MAKE the friggin' show. It's amazing voice talent like what we have with Adventure Time that also makes similar shows like Regular Show successful. I think the voice talent is more impressive with Regular Show, but Adventure Time seems to bring in the celebrities for some reason.

Anyway, this brings us to the next one..

Fuego6 wrote:It's almost like you don't get how cart size works.

Not having voices in the DS version is understandable and passable. Not having voices in the 3DS version is pretty much pure laziness on their part. This isn't the days of the Sega Genesis where the old 'Sega' jingle on the original Sonic the Hedgehog cartridge took up three quarters of the cartridge. This is 2012, and if they have enough room and resources to put in a completely reworked theme song and a few voice clips, they can fully voice the game. I didn't say it was a deal breaker, but you're honestly making me second-guess my opinion.

And, yes, I'm aware how cart size works. I don't think YOU know how cart size works. They can have carts as high as 8 GB and as low as 1 GB. I guarantee you this game doesn't sit a single megabyte higher than 1.5GB. Unfortunately, no-one's pulled the data for it yet so I don't have exact numbers, else they'd be here, but considering the contents of the game I have a hard time believing it's any higher than that. Fully voicing a game that doesn't have a ton of dialogue in the first place would not have been an intensive prospect, monetarily or resource-wise.
Kazin
Fairy
Fairy

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion