RUMOR - Second New Super Mario Bros. U update wiping saves?

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Postby robometal cowboy » 23 Nov 2012 17:25

Click Here to View Story

We don't know if this is an isolated incident or not, but it's definitely something to worry about. We're hearing a report of a second NSMBU update that's causing a nasty glitch...deleted saves. If you're very worried about this happening to you, I'd take your Wii U offline until we know the real story behind this.

Link
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Re: RUMOR - Second New Super Mario Bros. U update wiping sav

Postby Shaanyboi » 23 Nov 2012 17:41

Oh god... if this is true, Nintendo needs to fire its programmers because that is pathetic. I understand the glitchiness of a game like Skyrim or something, but seriously, it's a goddamn 2D Mario game.
Shaanyboi
Octorok
Octorok

XBL: Shaanyboi

Postby mariomaniac45213 » 23 Nov 2012 17:45

-Good lord the Wii U loads painfully slow
-Sonic Racing Transformed have two game-breaking glitches
-NSMBU has a glitch that erases saves
-Black Ops 2 has framerate issues
-Arkham City has framerate issues
-Warriors Orichi 3 has framerate issues
-No NintendoTvii yet

Now I'm kinda glad I didn't get a Wii U right away seriously this stuff needs to be patched come December or whatever.
Last edited by mariomaniac45213 on 23 Nov 2012 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
Finally got a PS3 sooo add me if you want. :)
mariomaniac45213
Toad
Toad

Wii: 0257-0866-8958-0148
PSN: TheDestructo1994
XBL: TheDestructo94

Postby Fuego6 » 23 Nov 2012 17:50

I wouldn't even care even though I beat it. I gained nothing from playing NSMBU and I felt worse after completing the game. Game equivalent of empty calories.
Fuego6

Postby LegendofSantiago » 23 Nov 2012 18:02

I haven't update for the second time, but at least i know not to do so until i'm done. The game is fantastic, the best 2D mario game to date imo
LegendofSantiago
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Fuego6 » 23 Nov 2012 18:05

LegendofSantiago wrote:I haven't update for the second time, but at least i know not to do so until i'm done. The game is fantastic, the best 2D mario game to date imo

How does it feel to look into the mirror every morning and know that you are beautiful. It's ok to not like a game and it's certainly ok to not claim it to be the best 2D mario game of all time. Those titles either belong to Yoshi's Island or Super Mario World or Super Mario Bros 3. Not this farce of a game.
Last edited by Mako on 25 Nov 2012 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Insulting other members.
Fuego6

Postby metalpants » 23 Nov 2012 18:08

Wow... the majority of the comments make this site seems like a dedicated anti-Nintendo forum of sorts, lol.

Poor Nintendo...

Though I gotta say... maybe they had more stuff prepared from day one than the 3DS launch, but the bugs and glitches everywhere really detract from what the full-blown launch could've been...
(>٭□٭)> Wii U
metalpants
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby KingBroly » 23 Nov 2012 18:09

Fuego6 wrote:
LegendofSantiago wrote:I haven't update for the second time, but at least i know not to do so until i'm done. The game is fantastic, the best 2D mario game to date imo

How does it feel to look into the mirror every morning and know that you are a liar and a Nintendo/Mario sympathizer. It's ok to not like a game and it's certainly ok to not claim it to be the best 2D mario game of all time. Those titles either belong to Yoshi's Island or Super Mario World or Super Mario Bros 3. Not this farce of a game.

You clearly have no idea what an opinion is. It is his and his alone. Just like yours is that NSMBU is a complete and utter waste of time. So please stop abusing other posters with your "enlightened" view of subjectivity.
Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention
My Alternate Account is Cortjezter
I write things here from time to time
KingBroly
Site Mod
Site Mod

NN ID: KingBroly
3DS: 3351-4164-6416
Steam ID: KingBroly
Wii: 8135-0917-9758-1594
PSN: KingBroly
XBL: KingBroly

Postby Shaanyboi » 23 Nov 2012 18:10

metalpants wrote:Wow... the majority of the comments make this site seems like a dedicated anti-Nintendo forum of sorts, lol.

Poor Nintendo...

Though I gotta say... maybe they had more stuff prepared from day one than the 3DS launch, but the bugs and glitches everywhere really detract from what the full-blown launch could've been...

well, nintendo doesn't exist in a vacuum. They need to get called on their s***.
Shaanyboi
Octorok
Octorok

XBL: Shaanyboi

Postby metalpants » 23 Nov 2012 18:11

@Fuego6

I'm not one for prescription medicine but here... I think you need this...

http://www.fishoil-s.com/chillp10.jpg
(>٭□٭)> Wii U
metalpants
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby Fuego6 » 23 Nov 2012 18:15

metalpants wrote:@Fuego6

I'm not one for prescription medicine but here... I think you need this...

http://www.fishoil-s.com/chillp10.jpg

Is it over the counter or prescription? It's not legal to sell medicine if you do not have a license to do so.
Fuego6

Postby LegendofSantiago » 23 Nov 2012 18:23

@Fuego6 I do love me some yoshi's island, but i don't consider it to be a mario game, i consider it to be a yoshi game...if that makes sense. At least for me, this game is the most fun i have had with a 2D mario game to date. After being disappointed with NSMB2 this game feels like a huge step up and although it doesn't look nor sound that visually impressive it's still really fun to play. Although i have played all the 2D "retro" mario games, i don't grow up with them so i don't have nostalgia for them so I cannot appreciate them as much as you do, i was just giving my opinion on which 2D Mario game i have enjoyed the most. No need to be so angry.
LegendofSantiago
Goomba
Goomba

Postby FrenchFryGuy » 23 Nov 2012 18:25

Fuego6 wrote:

How does it feel to look into the mirror every morning and know that you are a liar and a Nintendo/Mario sympathizer. It's ok to not like a game and it's certainly ok to not claim it to be the best 2D mario game of all time. Those titles either belong to Yoshi's Island or Super Mario World or Super Mario Bros 3. Not this farce of a game.

Image"Cross me and i'll BURN you!"
FrenchFryGuy
Shyguy
Shyguy

Postby ddddd » 23 Nov 2012 18:28

metalpants wrote:Wow... the majority of the comments make this site seems like a dedicated anti-Nintendo forum of sorts, lol.

Poor Nintendo...

This site is filled with blind fanboys too. they aren't any better. :|

(not pointing you or anyone in particular BTW)
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby The Fatal Ninja » 23 Nov 2012 18:31

Fuego6 wrote:

Shush.
The Fatal Ninja
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: The_Fatal_Ninja
XBL: The Fatal Ninja

Postby Cassidy » 23 Nov 2012 18:32

Coincidentally, Hitman Absolution is having a similar problem.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/hitma ... saves.html
Cassidy
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: KingCassidy
3DS: 4854-6597-5917
Steam ID: Morbid Safety

Postby metalpants » 23 Nov 2012 18:34

ddddd wrote:

Poor Nintendo...

Well... it is after all called GoNINTENDO... not GoGaming, GoConsole, GoSoNintenSoftPCTabletMobileAndAllGamingInGeneral. So I'm pretty sure they come here for Nintendo centric news... no need to bash them. It's not IGN...
(>٭□٭)> Wii U
metalpants
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby Mirr0rR3flection » 23 Nov 2012 18:38

ddddd wrote:This site is filled with blind fanboys too. they aren't any better. :|

Really? I've felt that theres been less.

Too many HD twin owners
here makes me sad…

…Not enough Ninty owners here to speak up these days. (;_;)

So much complaining about ram and 3rd parties that I can't find a reason to give-a-damn.
I once lived in a bubble… but eventually… I grew tired of it. So yeah… wishes do come true… well for me at least!Image
Mirr0rR3flection
The Wish Maker

NN ID: Mirr0rR3flection
3DS: 1762-2673-3905
PSN: Mirr0r3flection

Postby metalpants » 23 Nov 2012 18:39

Cassidy wrote:Coincidentally, Hitman Absolution is having a similar problem.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/hitma ... saves.html

And yet Nintendo will most likely be the one on the spotlight for this issue, smh...
(>٭□٭)> Wii U
metalpants
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby Devil_Rising » 23 Nov 2012 18:43

metalpants wrote:
ddddd wrote:

Poor Nintendo...

Well... it is after all called GoNINTENDO... not GoGaming, GoConsole, GoSoNintenSoftPCTabletMobileAndAllGamingInGeneral. So I'm pretty sure they come here for Nintendo centric news... no need to bash them. It's not IGN...

+1

I've never understood why people come to a site that is obviously a Nintendo-centric fan site, whether it's also a "news" site or not, and don't get that most of the people here are going to be NIntendo fans. I also don't get the point of railing on something if you don't like it, trying to convince people who DO like it that it's crap. It's fanboyism at it's worst (the OTHER side of fanboyism), and a worthless waste of anyone's time. It would be like me trying to convince a major Halo fan that the series sucks, just because I personally think that it does. Point being, I'd never bother. If I like Mario, good for me, and if they like Halo, good for them.

More people should realize that opinions are just that, and move along. This "Fuego" kid is hardly the first person I've ever encountered on GoNintendo to have trouble accepting a little something adults like to call a difference of opinion.

Sadly, he won't be the last either.
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
Devil_Rising
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

NN ID: Godzilla1981
PSN: AwesomeFukenGuy

Postby jmizzal » 23 Nov 2012 18:44

Fuego6 wrote:I wouldn't even care even though I beat it. I gained nothing from playing NSMBU and I felt worse after completing the game. Game equivalent of empty calories.

Your acting like games from the the other 6 year old systems dont have issues, last time I checked CODBO2 on 360 just had a patch and so has AC3 and others, plz stop the stupidity this is new hardware there are gonna be issues popping up.
jmizzal

Postby Cassidy » 23 Nov 2012 18:52

Fuego6 wrote:How does it feel to look into the mirror every morning and know that you are a liar and a Nintendo/Mario sympathizer. It's ok to not like a game and it's certainly ok to not claim it to be the best 2D mario game of all time. Those titles either belong to Yoshi's Island or Super Mario World or Super Mario Bros 3. Not this farce of a game.

Can I break some information that will also break your heart? This is what gaming is now.

You may not like it, but it's a tough fact that we have to face as blind consumers. This is not the first incident where save datas are deleted and it certainly will not be the last. Every console, every mobile device, and even on PC, video games will suffer from this problem from here on out. The majority of gamers praise the idea of updating our favorite video games without realising that there can be concequences in doing-so and that's how it is on every current-running platform.

You don't like losing your save data? You don't like that Team Fortress 2 has several game-crashing glitches in exchange for cosmetic items? You don't like how Sony almost lost thousands of credit card information to hackers? Then stick to your old Nintendo Entertainment System and just pretend none of these current video game consoles exist.

Welcome to the future!

Cassidy
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: KingCassidy
3DS: 4854-6597-5917
Steam ID: Morbid Safety

Postby Darlux » 23 Nov 2012 19:06

Mirr0rR3flection wrote:
ddddd wrote:This site is filled with blind fanboys too. they aren't any better. :|

Too many HD twin owners
here makes me sad…

So much complaining about ram and 3rd parties that I can't find a reason to give-a-damn.

Darlux
Goomba
Goomba

NN ID: Darlux
3DS: 0044-2932-4019
Steam ID: masterdarlux
Wii: 3240-2955-7759-9921
XBL: MasterDarlux

Postby ddddd » 23 Nov 2012 19:23

metalpants wrote:Well... it is after all called GoNINTENDO... not GoGaming, GoConsole, GoSoNintenSoftPCTabletMobileAndAllGamingInGeneral. So I'm pretty sure they come here for Nintendo centric news... no need to bash them. It's not IGN...

Mirr0rR3flection wrote:Really? I've felt that theres been less.

Too many HD twin owners
here makes me sad…

Well, there is your problem guys: Nintendo fans, that do like nintendo games, will not always follow blindly every thing nintendo does, and that doesn't automatically make them dedicated haters or bashers or "HD twins owners". And this site does not forbide differing opinions, so you shouldn't be surprised this site is not 100% love (not even mods and admins are fully biased), specially this year with this new system launch.
Heck, I do not own either PS360 and Ive been a Nintendo exclusive gamer for two gens already, and if nintendo doesn't screw this one I would like to be it once more.
ddddd
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NN ID: Damian-87

Postby toupee43 » 23 Nov 2012 19:35

Darlux wrote:
Mirr0rR3flection wrote:

Too many HD twin owners
here makes me sad…

There aren't enough "fanboys" on here in my opinion. This is a Nintendo site, after all. And as such, I expect to see more support for the console and not so much BS about how underpowered the machine is or how people are mad at Nintendo for this or that. I am loving my Wii U. And even though I have had a few problems with it, that still doesn't detract from it's ambitious design and amazing potential. Miiverse is awesome and addictive. And the games are pretty darn good for launch.
toupee43

Next

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion