Ackkstudios discusses Two Brothers workload, Nintendo wor...

Get your discussion on with the blog stories. Moderation is less strict, but topics have short lives...quick!

Ackkstudios discusses Two Brothers workload, Nintendo wor...

Postby robometal cowboy » 26 Nov 2012 17:23

Ackkstudios discusses Two Brothers workload, Nintendo working hard to win over indies
Click Here to View Story

"On the weekends, Brian will work literally from 8'o'clock in the morning until... 3'o'clock in the morning. It's only gotten crazier since we started working on it. I don't think we ever entirely intended on finishing it until it eventually kind of proved to be something we wanted to make. So Brian has put in a lot of time into it on the side. We eventually realized it had something, it had some potential to it." - Ackkstudios' Andrew Allanson

Allanson also talked about how Nintendo is fighting the negative stereotype of bad indie relationships by working hard to be welcoming on Wii U.

"I'm relieved because I didn't know what to expect. As soon as it was very clear that they had a direct business plan with how they want to work with indies, and that everything was very fair, the sort of stereotype of Nintendo being difficult to work with as an indie developer... I feel like they're trying to fight against it."

This information comes from the unfortunate incident earlier today with Ackkstudios, Kotaku and NES. If you want to read more about that internet drama, check out the link below.

Details here
robometal cowboy
Site Bot
Site Bot

Re: Ackkstudios discusses Two Brothers workload, Nintendo wo

Postby Mike_Intellivision » 26 Nov 2012 17:27

Shame Emily decided to fall on her sword rather than just go with a mea culpa.

Let's the story become one sided and accusations fly.

Mike from Morgantown
Mike from Morgantown

(PM me if younwould like to be WiiU friends .
... I know that sounds strange at best but I am looking to fill out my friends list.)
Mike_Intellivision
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: Mike_INTV
Wii: 1624-6601-1126-1492

Ackkstudios discusses Two Brothers workload, Nintendo workin

Postby LegendofSantiago » 26 Nov 2012 17:29

Emily is gone now, the last thing she did, what she will be remembered for, is a fabricated tale of two brothers
LegendofSantiago
Fairy
Fairy

Postby Ragnarokstorymaker » 26 Nov 2012 17:51

Wait, what the hell are you guys talking about? What happened to Emily?

EDIT: Just read the article, never mind. She should keep her mouth shut sometimes...
Ragnarokstorymaker
Chocobo
Chocobo

NN ID: RagnarokSM
PSN: RagnarokSM
XBL: DiehardStingray

Postby Jack_Atlas » 26 Nov 2012 18:36

LegendofSantiago wrote:Emily is gone now, the last thing she did, what she will be remembered for, is a fabricated tale of two brothers

Skimming through that Kotaku article something tells me it was not a "fabrication." I'm pretty sure an independent business wouldn't want to get blacklisted by a "huge" gaming site.

I mean how am I supposed to get hyped for this game if Kotaku's article was going to be the size of a Pikmin? And only getting clicks because of this new "controversy."
Jack_Atlas
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: MMXZero
3DS: 1805-2179-8194

Postby shadowbuster » 26 Nov 2012 18:44

Emily should not quit what she's been doing until now. She should make a come back soon enough and start making awkward predictions and great interviews, like she always do
Please support my friend's spanish Nintendo site NintenDominante, on Facebook and Twitter, for the latest Nintendo News in spanish!
shadowbuster
Octorok
Octorok

NN ID: master-jfd
3DS: 4167 4910 9302
Steam ID: shadowjfd
PSN: shadowjfd

Postby Poopaloop » 26 Nov 2012 19:00

"That's not really how my interview with those folks went," I thought, "but my interview still isn't live. November has been so busy, and I haven't had a chance to transcribe it yet. Is she really talking about me?"

Bull. This guy jumped in and immediately went on the defensive for a reason. Even if Kotaku wasn't the site originally being referred to, they were damn quick to defend themselves, to the point where it sure looks like they feel they ARE guilt of this kind of thing with indie developers.
A stupid drawing every day or your money back! Follow me on Twitter Facebook!
Poopaloop
Shyguy
Shyguy

NN ID: RType88
3DS: 1118-0334-6460
PSN: rhughes88

Postby Wave » 26 Nov 2012 19:12

Poopaloop wrote:"That's not really how my interview with those folks went," I thought, "but my interview still isn't live. November has been so busy, and I haven't had a chance to transcribe it yet. Is she really talking about me?"

Bull. This guy jumped in and immediately went on the defensive for a reason. Even if Kotaku wasn't the site originally being referred to, they were damn quick to defend themselves, to the point where it sure looks like they feel they ARE guilt of this kind of thing with indie developers.

This. Waaay too busy to put up that interview but...what? She's talking smack about us for not putting it up? INSTANT RAGE.

Kotaku is full of shovel, as always.
Wave
Chocobo
Chocobo

Postby TopCat » 26 Nov 2012 19:27

She's deleted her twitter now... What a stupid decision it was to publish this article... This woman is so clueless sometimes...
TopCat
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Postby AmicableWalrus » 27 Nov 2012 00:07

TopCat wrote:She's deleted her twitter now... What a stupid decision it was to publish this article... This woman is so clueless sometimes...

She should've stuck by her guns. Even if she was wrong, I don't see many people jumping to the defense of Kotaku. She could've got away with it.
AmicableWalrus
Flicky
Flicky

NN ID: AmicableWalrus
3DS: 1547-5295-6521
PSN: AmicableWalrus
XBL: Mister Ed92

Postby kdognumba1 » 27 Nov 2012 00:43

Two Brothers looks awesome
kdognumba1
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

NN ID: kdog254
3DS: 1676-3698-5986
Wii: 5726-8719-5929-3614
PSN: jotaroxtreme
XBL: kdog254

Postby Devil_Rising » 27 Nov 2012 10:17

Two things:

1. Two Brothers looks awesome, and I'm glad to see Wii U will continue the tradition Wii established, that I have loved so much, of having downloadable 8 and 16-bit style games. I will ALWAYS prefer old school sprite-based gaming to modern polygon, HD, online, etc. gaming. Plus, the game just looks awesome.

2. Nice to see a certain someone's "journalism" is as spot on and integrity-ridden as ever. :lol:
Also featured at: http://thepunkeffect.com
Follow along on Twitter: @RetroRevelation
And Tumblr: retrorevelations.tumblr.com
Devil_Rising
F-Zero Racer
F-Zero Racer

NN ID: Godzilla1981
PSN: AwesomeFukenGuy

Return to GoNintendo Blog Story Discussion