Ooh, I like guessing games!
I’ll give myself an intro and 6 picks:
Fleshing out and building hype for known upcoming games. They’ve been drip feeding Arms and Splatoon stuff for weeks. This feels like a good time to open the floodgates a little.
Also due is a good amount of detail about Online and Virtual Console services + UI improvements. Stuff that they wont have time for at E3 but will want to have out there in time for the big industry meet-up. I think they’ll save the big surprises for the E3 slugfest.
In this order:
1. Splatoon – delving further into the Squid sisters and the wider story of the game. Single player mode, character and stage reveals. Another global test fire announced - Pre E3.
2. Virtual console – a different name and a different delivery of the service. Announcing a launch date. Post E3.
3. Online services – specific details about voice chat and the smartphone app. Launch date for these services – pre E3. Also a few little neat nintendo’y surprises to make things fun
4. Switch UI mark 2. Themes, improvements to eshop, save data and data management. Available after direct.
5. Story, character and single player mode reveals for ARMS. Selling it as an esport. Demo announced – Available late May.
6. Something Mario Kart related – a tournament or something. Soon after direct.
There you go - feel free to take potshots / re-do's at that list. Also to remind me later this month how wrong / right I was. If there even is a Direct coming at all!