The following information comes from an article on Eurogamer:
- The Nintendo NX will be a portable, handheld console with detachable controllers.
- Will function as a high-powered handheld console with its own display. The screen has two controller sections on the sides, which can be attached or detached.
- Nvidia's Tegra mobile processor will serve as the machine's centerpiece.
- The NX will use game cartridges instead of discs.
- Nintendo recommends using 32 GB cartridges for game releases on the system.
- Due to the drastic change in hardware design, there are currently no plans for backwards compatibility.
- The NX will NOT be running on Android.
- Nintendo plans to officially reveal NX information in September.
- Due to the previous confusion with the Wii U's promotion, Nintendo wishes to take a more simple approach to advertising the NX by simply stating that "you can take your games with you on the go."
Click here to read Eurogamer's full report!