The Pokémon Company International has announced the European qualifier for the Pokkén Tournament Championship series, which will take place at Dreamhack Summer 2017 on 17 – 18 June in Jönköping, Sweden.
The top 8 players will all win a cash prize, and the top 4 players will also win an invite and travel sponsorship to the 2017 World Championships.
A prize pool worth over $25,000 is in store for the winning competitors in the Pokkén Tournament Championship Series at the Pokémon World Championships in August, held in Anaheim, California.
More details, including terms of entry, can be found over on the official Pokkén Tournament website: http://www.pokkentournament.com/en-gb/championship-series/
Pokémon Sun & Moon - Sinnoh Cap Pikachu
- tie-in with the 20th movie, Pokémon! I Choose You
- if you prebook tickets in Japan, you get a Serial Code to unlock one of six Pikachu wearing one of Ash's caps
- distribution provides Sinnoh Cap Pikachu, which has Ash's hat from the Diamond & Pearl series of the anime
- knows the move Iron Tail, which Pikachu can't normally get in Sun & Moon
- also comes with Pikashunium Z Z-Crystal which turns the move Thunderbolt into the Z-Move 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt
- distribution is available until May 29th 2017, with a repeat coming in August
Pokkén Tournament - Championship Series
- Pokkén Tournament 2017 Championship qualifier event for Europe has been announced
- to be held at Dreamhack Summer 2017 in Sweden from 17th to 20th of June 2017
- requires entry to Dreamhack Sweden to participate
- top 4 players from the competition will qualify for the Pokémon World Championships in Anaheim this August
- event will be live-streamed
- new event for Pokkén Tournament Arcade went live in Japan
- runs until April 23rd
- new mission panel to complete to unlock web premium tickets (7 days)
- customization items for your avatar and special titles
- new Special Bonus with some Support Pokémon sets to get
- special skills
- customization items for your avatar
Take a shot at becoming the Pokkén Tournament World Champion when the Pokkén Tournament Championship Series returns in 2017! In addition to the title, a combined $25,000 in prizes are on the line at the qualifying competitions in June and the World Championships event in Anaheim, California, this August.
This year, 16 players will qualify for the World Championships, and there will be only one age division for all competitors. Four players will receive invitations from each of the two qualifying events, plus four more players will be chosen from Japan, and the four top players from a Last Chance Qualifier occurring right before the main Worlds event will be the final contenders.
Good luck battling to become the next Pokkén Tournament World Champion!
Friendly Competition glitch
- issue has now been resolved
- safe to scan QR codes before competition
- Mega Gardevoir competitive stage
- the top 200 players in Europe and 1000 players in Japan will get 5 Raise Max Level, 5 Mega Speedup and 1 Gardevoirite
- the top 500 in Europe and 2500 in Japan will get 4 Raise Max Level, 4 Mega Speedup and 1 Gardevoirite
- the top 1000 in Europe or 5000 in Japan will get 3 Raise Max Level, 3 Mega Speedup and 1 Gardevoirite
- the top 2000 in Europe or 10,000 in Japan will get 2 Raise Max Level, 2 Mega Speedup and 1 Gardevoirite
- the top 4000 in Europe or 20,000 in Japan will get 1 Raise Max Level, 1 Mega Speedup and 1 Gardevoirite
- the top 6000 in Europe or top 30,000 in Japan will get 1 Mega Speedup, 1 Skill Booster M and 1 Gardevoirite
- the top 9000 in Europe or 45,000 in Japan will get 1 Disruption Delay, 1 Exp. Booster L and 1 Gardevoirite
- the top 12000 in Europe or 60,000 in Japan will get 1 Gardevoirite and 1 Disruption Delay
- the top 16,000 in Europe or 80,000 in Japan will get 1 Attack Power and 1 Disruption Delay
- all other players will get an Attack Power
- Volcanion Escalation Battle stage which runs until February 28th
- this gives many items including Skill Boosters and Mega Speedups
- new Pokémon Safari has begun
- this Safari contains Sandshrew, Sandslash, Barboach, Whiscash, Zigzagoon, Linoone and Shiny Rayquaza
- Pikachu (Smiling) stage has begun and runs until February 28th
- Cobalion event stage has begun and will run until February 21st
- event is runs from today until February 26th
- new mission panel is available which gives the Support Pokémon of Magneton & Quagsire upon completion
- Special Bonus has been updated to give many other Support Sets: Dragonite & Victini, Cubone & Diglett, Snivy & Lapras and Frogadier & Eevee
- various Cheer Skills and customisation items can be obtained here too
- special Valentine's Day set of clothing is available for people to get for their avatars
- confirmed through a Japanese Pokkén Tournament
- qualification for this has yet to be confirmed
- a variety of changes to move and support Pokémon will be implemented in the arcade version on February 14th
- this will alter things such as Yveltal & Latios' supports being only used once per match and various move updates
- no word on these updates coming to the Wii U version
For those who don't know, Pokken Tournament part of a 9 horse donation race to be the final game in Evo 2017, the largest fighting game tournament by far. For the past two weeks the Pokken Community rallied as hard as we could. Pokken was in a neck and neck race with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, each pushing the other to donate more. Now at the very end of the race, with a photo finish UMvC3 has emerged the victor. While we might not have won the Pokken Community still managed to raise over $66,906 for charity. In total over $150,000 has been raised for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
While Pokken Tournament may not be a part of Evo 2017, the bigger victory comes from the $66k in donations that the Make-a-Wish foundation will receive. Money very well spent, I say.
Pokémon Fans Have Raised Thousands of Dollars for Charityhttps://t.co/P3OLXWw6Ee— Jetsplit (@Jetsplit) February 2, 2017
Pokken Tournament fans are willing to kick in cash for charity to get their game in this year's EVO. It's all for a good cause, so I'm totally down with the idea. Let's see if that total can't climb even higher!
- extra battle with Empoleon triggered if specific conditions are met
- if you manage to win, you will get a special title
- new Mission Panel with rewards to unlock by clearing all the missions
- special bonus when using a Bana Passport, with a special title the first time around and then Support Pokémon sets
- customization elements for your avatar, and more
Thanks to Snorth93 for the heads up!