- cancellation confirmed by SystemSoft Alpha
- announced as a strategy game
- originally set for release in 2014 and has been postponed several times
- officially cancelled due to various circumstances
- Analysts expect a net profit of 94.4 billion Yen ($865.6 million) for the 12 months ended March 31
- this is more than five times the year-earlier 16.5 billion Yen
- analysts forecast revenue of 477.6 billion Yen, down from 504.5 billion Yen
- analysts expect Switch sales to be 2.3 million to 2.5 million, above Nintendo's initial target
- Nintendo will also give a sales target for the current fiscal year
- Nintendo's sales target may be conservative to reduce risk of a later guidance downgrade
- Nintendo will also announce how many copies of Switch software it expects to sell this fiscal year.
- analysts say 20 million copies, including titles by outside developers
- anything beyond 25 million a would be a positive surprise
- analysts will be looking to hear how much revenue Fire Emblem Heroes has brought in
- analysts may also expect to hear something on a NES Classic Edition follow-up, but that's pure speculation
Capcom hasn't said if they're bringing the Monster Hunter Stories amiibo to Europe and North America, but the NA boxart above seems to give a hint. As you can see, the amiibo logo is present. Why bother putting that on there if there weren't plans to bring the amiibo lineup as well?
Enter the open world of 'Shakedown: Hawaii'.— Retro City Rampage (@RetroCR) April 23, 2017
Coming this year to Nintendo Switch • 3DS • PS4 • PS VITA • Steam pic.twitter.com/mPwiXUKyTu
Really can't wait to check this one out. I'll be going the Switch route with this one. Which one will you be picking up?
UPDATE - Looks like there's no set release date as of right now. Thanks to theGamerPad for the heads up!
@kokopuphs6 Don't have a release date yet, gotta get the game finished first, but stay tuned!— Retro City Rampage (@RetroCR) April 24, 2017
The following info comes from the game’s director, Mr. Shoji...
– Cube Creator DX is an upgraded version of Cube Creator 3D adding a multiplayer mode, online functionality and a stage builder mode.
– The number of usable cubes have increased by about 2 times, plus he’s increased the number of monsters and there are now 10 kinds of worlds.
– In Cube Creator 3D there was a scary monster replaced with a cute monster with a cube design changed as young girls wanted to make it cute and friendly.
– There are 370,000 customers who bought the original which sells for 800 yen on the 3DS eShop.
– Arc System Works are known for fighting games, but there are only a limited number of customers so it is necessary to put out various genres of games such as this kind of casual, cute game.
– Nintendo 3DS has many children players and a lot of late teens like PlayStation 4 so chose 3DS due to the content of the game. Wii U was considered but decided on the same platform as the original.
– 10 people in all worked on Cube Creator DX with only about 4 people really working full-time on it. Making the deadline was a terrible task. The game began work last September and took about six months.
– Compared with other games and so on the production cost is not so much. The previous work was cheap and this time it is a little higher so at least 50,000 sales are wanted but 100,000 is a dream.
– There is a popular game that is similar that is made by an American company. Cube Creator definitely references Minecraft but wants to add original elements and be the Japanese version (of Minecraft).
– I personally do not want to end the series with DX, I want to make a new one. I’d like to put out new modes and so on. I’d like you to play another Cube Creator again.
– I am still considering it (a Nintendo Switch version), but can you wait for a moment?!
Pokemon Sun/Moon distributions
- Nintendo Hong Kong are to distribute the special Shiny Tapu Koko in Hong Kong and Taiwan
- go to participating stores and show that you have bought a Chinese or Japanese version of Pokémon Sun & Moon
- do this between April 28th and May 31st
- you'll get a serial code that offers a special Shiny Tapu Koko
- Mew is being distributed at the Pokémon World Championships Qualifiers on May 5th through May 7th
- this is the first with the Gen 7 native black clover
- it's Level 5 and knows the move Pound
Pokémon GO - Google Play Cards
- special Google Play cards focused on Pokémon GO have been announced for Japan
- two cards, one offering 5000¥ and one being variable between 1500¥ and 50,000¥
- promotion where if you use the AR Mode of Pokémon GO and take a photo of a wild Pokémon next to a special Pokémon GO poster, and tweet it to the Google Play Pokémon GO Twitter account, you will get 300¥
- if you make purchases at the Pokémon Center, you will get special stickers featuring team emblems
Hokkaido, April 24, 2017 - SmileBoom Co. Ltd. announced today that they will exhibit at one of the largest independent game festival in Japan, "A 5th Of BitSummit" held by Japan Independent Games Aggregate (JIGA).
On May 20th, at the SmileBoom booth, SmileBoom unveils and demonstrates the latest user‐generated title created with a RPG creation software, SMILE GAME BUILDER, and "SmileBASIC", a portable version of a programming language known as BASIC for Nintendo 3DS. This new title will be launched as an independent product and distributed by SmileBoom.
■Meet the Producer of SMILE GAME BUILDER!
During the exhibition, a producer and product manager of SMILE GAME BUILDER will be waiting for your visit at the booth with special giveaways. Get their best tips and tricks of having more fun playing!
The information was translated by Gematsu...
- Skill Panel consists of each member of the party’s skills arranged as panels
- by allocating the Skill Points you obtain by leveling up and other means, you can learn special skills and increase your stats
- “Spell of Restoration” is a feature that lets you continue your adventure from roughly the same place in the story by entering a code into the adventure log menu
- since you can log the hero’s name and roughly how far you’ve advanced in the story, you can continue the story on a different platform
- your level, the amount of money you have, and your possessions will be replaced with those prepared beforehand based on your progress of the story