Job posting on Gamasutra…
Lead engineer to direct technology for a next-gen console game project. Will lead the charge for a small team of engineers adapting licensed engines and developing innovative core technologies to realize a design that combines original IP and gameplay.
Engineering duties include hands-on development of game systems, guidance of development by engineers and supervision of tool chain. Leadership duties include communicating with art and design to establish technical requirements and provide technical education, taking final responsibility for high-level technical design, and scheduling and managing the engineering team to bring that design to a shippable state.
Candidate should have:
* Passion for games
* Reluctance to waste precious life developing yet another shooter about World Wars and/or aliens
* Understanding of games industry
* Strong mathematical foundations: analytic geometry, linear algebra, calculus, numerical analysis, discrete math, etc…
* Strong CS foundations: modular encapsulation, data-driven design, algorithm theory, optimization, systems, etc…
* Strong leadership and communication skills
* Extensive experience with C/C++ programming
* High- or low-level familiarity with hardware-accelerated graphics programming
* Large-scale technical design experience: must have ownership of a major system in a shipped title.
* Must have worked through the entire cycle of a published console game — at least one shipped title for PS2/PS3/Xbox/360/Gamecube/Wii
* Experience with Unreal 3 is a plus
Categories: Programmer / Engineer
Studio Name: 2006-12-16 22:32:04
Experience Required: 5 yrs
Platforms: Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Wii / Revolution
Work Site: On site