The next big wave of content is almost here
As promised, Digital Extremes held a Warframe devstream that went over a ton of details on Angels of the Zariman, the game’s next big expansion. Most importantly, we learned that the expansion will go live on April 27th, 2022. Along with that, the stream featured a full reveal for the Gyre Warframe, more details on player apartments (Dormizone), Supporter Pack info, a second new mission type (Void Cascade), Voidshell Skins, and evolving Weapons.
For a complete breakdown of absolutely everything showcased during this super-sized devstream, check out the press release below.
Angels of the Zariman, a sequel update that serves as a direct follow-up to Warframe’s critically acclaimed expansion The New War, will take players back to uncover their past with a glimpse of what is yet to come. Players will return to the fabled lost ship, the Zariman Ten Zero, to find answers regarding the tragic origin of the Tenno through a new single-player Quest. New game modes will also be available, offering unlimited replayability that embody the classic Warframe action players love.
Angels of the Zariman brings players another chapter in its Cinematic Quest saga – a riveting free-to-play sci-fi spectacular with more than 30 hours of narrative-driven, single-player cinematic gameplay. In addition to a brand new entry in its Cinematic Quest, Angels of the Zariman, brings to Warframe a wealth of additional content and features, including a new Warframe (Gyre), three new mission types, a social hubtown (Chrysalith), customizable apartments for players aboard the Zariman Ten Zero (Dormizones), and new Customization classes alongside quality of life improvements.
Angels of the Zariman is only accessible to players who have completed The New War. The following Quest prerequisites outline how players can gain access to Angels of the Zariman.
- Vor’s Prize
- Once Awake
- The Archwing
- Stolen Dreams
- The New Strange
- The Second Dream
- The War Within
- Chains of Harrow
- Apostasy Prologue
- The Sacrifice
- Chimera Prologue
- Rising Tide
- “Prelude to War” - Erra, The Maker
- The New War
New Warframe - Gyre
Gyre is Warframe’s 49th playable Warframe and will be available to purchase or earn in-game when Angels of the Zariman launches for all platforms on Wednesday, April 27.
Gyre is a graceful, yet formidable Warframe, and can spin her inner mechanisms to generate electricity which she can elegantly control to obliterate opponents on the battlefield. Players can look forward to annihilating their enemies with her conductivity of coils and transmitters.
Weapons and Customizations
- Alternox: Gyre’s signature weapon has two electric fire modes. Primary fire shocks enemies with charged orbs. Alternate fire shocks enemies with a long bolt of electricity.
- Triodic Syandana: Players can amplify their look with Gyre’s signature Syandana.
- Arcsphere: A destructive and crippling Ability. Launch a Gyratory Sphere that will deal high damage on impact and periodically deal electrical shocks to nearby enemies. Hitting at least 3 enemies with the initial launch enhances damage.
- Coil Horizon: Throw forward a Gyratory Sphere that will implode after 2 seconds, or can be manually triggered.
- Cathode Grace: Gain a brief burst of increased Critical Chance and Energy Regen, with each kill extending the duration of Cathode Grace. Casting is on a cooldown.
- Rotorswell: Gyre’s mechanisms spin at incredible speeds, generating an Electric Field that shocks nearby enemies. When Gyre gets a critical hit, a large electrical discharge will chain from the enemy that was hit to nearby enemies.
- Gyre Passive Abilities: Gyre’s Abilities have a 10% chance to deal double damage when enemies are affected by Electricity Status. Every additional Electricity Status proc adds an additional 10% chance.
A New Social Hubtown Experience - The Chrysalith
Venture into the very heart of the Zariman Ten Zero and explore unique locations like the Chrystalith social hub. Here players can meet new characters and friends, customize their own Dormizone apartment, and jump seamlessly into three challenging new mission types without load screens – each a new take on Warframe’s classic four-player missions. Be prepared, though. Mysterious and terrifying new enemies stalk the Zariman’s abandoned halls.
New Mission Types
- Void Flood: Announced and demoed on Devstream 160, Void Flood is one of three new procedural mission types that players can access via the Chrysalith social hubtown aboard the Zariman Ten Zero. In this parkour-focused mission, players need to collect Vitoplast to gain Void Energy used to seal Ruptures that appear. The longer these Ruptures are left open, the more debuffs players open themselves to. Players can grab these Vitoplast from fallen enemies, or in clusters that spawn mid-air for parkour-inclined players. Sealing three Ruptures completes the wave and spawns a miniboss to defeat, after which the cycle continues in true endless-feeling mission fashion!
- Void Cascade: As seen for the first time during its announcement and demo on Devstream 161 on Friday, April 8, Void Cascade is a survival mission that starts with player life support already on decay due to the presence of possessed Thrax Centurions. In this mission type, players must chase and cleanse these Corrupted Exolizers fast, avoiding low levels of life sustain. Zariman Wraiths will arrive and periodically possess Exolizers. Players should eliminate the Wraiths first, or the Thrax Centurions will release Void energy that accelerates life support decay. Players will then need to cleanse the Exolizers with their Operator Abilities and turn it back to their side again.
- Void Armageddon: Information To Be Announced at a Later Time
New Enemies and Threats - Thrax Centurions and More
Unique new enemies are introduced into Warframe with the Angels of the Zariman expansion. These hauntingly beautiful threats will be found wandering the halls of the fabled Zariman Ten Zero and will pose new challenges to players looking to overcome their dark and heavenly might.
- Thrax Centurions: Slow moving Void enemies, but durable and hard hitting heavy infantry that can dash in infrequent bursts using Abilities.
- New Unknown Enemy: The corruptions of the Void will unleash a never before seen, elegantly horrific, enemy for players to defeat. More on this otherworldly threat will be announced soon.
Dormizone’s - New Player Apartments Aboard the Zariman Ten Zero
Angels of the Zariman will introduce new, customizable apartments aboard the Zariman Ten Zero, called Dormizones, letting players create a home aboard the ship to decorate as they wish. With a variety of decorations available, including plants, furniture, and more, players can look forward to creating a one-of-a-kind home to take a break from the action and threats around them. Players that raise their Standing in the Chrysalith enough can even unlock new rooms where they can customize the view from their window using new Vistagraphs.
Voidshell Skins and Evolving Weapons
Warframe already features an extremely high-level of customization with its wide variety of Fashion Frame options and Angels of the Zariman will introduce even more ways to customize players’ appearance in Warframe. Voidshell skins are a unique new offering in Warframe launching with the Angels of the Zariman expansion that will allow players to select textures to apply to each tint on their Warframe. These textures can be earned or purchased in-game and will only be available on Voidshell Skins for their Warframe and Operator (cannot be applied to existing cosmetics).
- Saryn Voidshell Collection: Adorn Saryn in the morphic material created during the Zariman Void Jump. This collection includes the Saryn Voidshell Skin and Spore Print, a material structure for exclusive use on Voidshell skins.
- Volt Voidshell Collection: Adorn Volt in the morphic material created during the Zariman Void Jump. This collection includes the Volt Voidshell Skin and Crimzian Opulence, a material structure for exclusive use on Voidshell skins.
- Rhino Voidshell Collection: Adorn Rhino in the morphic material created during the Zariman Void Jump. This collection includes the Rhino Voidshell Skin and Titanium Sheen, a material for exclusive use on Voidshell skins.
Within the new Zariman Chrysalith, players will meet a new NPC offering Evolving Weapons. Similar to the Protovyre cosmetic series, these weapons will evolve based on challenges players complete in-game. Players can unlock different aspects of these weapons and modify their specialization as they wish. Available evolving weapon classes include a dagger, pistol, shotgun, rifle, and an evolving tonfa.
Angels of the Zariman - Supporter Packs
New Supporter Packs will launch alongside Angels of the Zariman, giving players instant access to add new Weapons, Customizations, Boosters and more to their Arsenal with the Emergence and Chrysalith Supporter Packs. Venture into the dark of the Zariman with the evolving Tenno badge of honor, the Vesaro Sekhara, the striking Hespar Scythe and much more. Sekharas are adornments given to only the most accomplished Tenno, signifiers of extraordinary ability.
Emergence Supporter Pack
- Vasero Sekhara
- Hespar Scythe
- Galeforce Dawn Stance Mod
- Zariman Glyph*
- Zariman Sigil*
- 7-Day Resource Booster
- 7-Day Drop Chance Booster Vasero Sekhara
Chrysalith Supporter Pack
- Hespar Scythe
- Galeforce Dawn Stance Mod
- Zariman Glyph*
- Zariman Sigil*
- 7-Day Resource Booster
- 7-Day Resource Drop Chance Booster
- 500 Platinum
- Gyre Warframe
- Gyre Automaton Helmet
- Triodic Syandana
- Alternox Rifle
- Saryn Voidshell Skin
- Volt Voidshell Skin
- Rhino Voidshell Skin
- 15 Zariman Materials
*One per account. Items marked with a * will be exclusive to this pack for a limited time.
Valkyr Carnivex Collection
With the launch of Angels of the Zariman also comes the debut of a brand new Valkyr Deluxe Skin. Tear through enemies with the vicious strength of the Valkyr Carnivex Collection featuring the Valkyr Carnivex Warframe Skin, Dreyric Fist Weapon Skin and Alastorn Armor Set.
Operator Focus School Rework
Focus Schools are receiving a total overhaul in Angels of the Zariman with the aim to give all existing Schools a more defined identity and playstyle while giving players more options for active Abilities, instead of passive Energy Drains, as well as making combat flow between Operator and Warframe even more seamless. All Focus points will be refunded back to the school it was invested in when Angels of the Zariman launches.
Eximus Enemies Rework
Eximus Enemies appear in Missions across the Origin System and the Zariman is no different. However, Angels of the Zariman is bringing big changes to the way that Eximus Enemies function to amplify their threat and boost Rewards accordingly, along with visual enhancements to be more identifiable in combat.