Team17 in partnership with developer Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team has announced The Knight Witch, a new game for all modern platforms, including Nintendo Switch. The Knight Witch combines “fast-paced shoot ‘em up combat, Metroidvania traversal and exploration, as well as magic deck-building.” Although a release date has yet to be announced, the metroidvania bullet-hell is expected to launch sometime in 2022.
Check out the announcement trailer above and details below via the official press release.
The Knight Witch takes players to the underground city of Dungeonidas. The once peaceful metropolis has been besieged by a mysterious threat and their unrelenting army of war golems. Here it falls to the protagonist – Rayne – to be named a Knight Witch and use her powers to fight back and save those she loves.
With over 30 unique spell cards to choose from in a magic deck-building system, and Knight abilities to upgrade and improve, players can customise Rayne’s build to fit their playstyle, taking down the invading golems in the most effective way. Like other Knight Witches, Rayne thrives off the love and adoration of Dungeonidas’ citizens, growing ever stronger with their continued support – players can choose to capitalise on this, lying to the adoring denizens for their own means, or they can be honest, sharing the painful truth to the masses.
The Knight Witch Key Features:
- Shoot ‘Em Up Spellcasting Sorcery: Encounter evil foes and choose whether to wield Rayne’s magic or use her weapons and wits to take them down.
- Body and Mind: The Knight Witch Duality: Customize Rayne’s unique playstyle, upgrading Knight abilities for a more fast-paced shoot ‘em up experience, or strengthen Witch magic and explore different deckbuilding strategies with over 30 unique spell cards to choose from.
- Build Trust & Make Lasting Bonds: Knight Witches become stronger with gratitude and trust and can earn it in many ways, not all of which are sincere – the choice to choose popularity over honesty lies in the players hands.
- Forward-Thinking Accessibility: The Knight Witch has been designed as a Metroidvania without barriers; with an intuitive on/off ‘auto-aim’ system, world-altering ‘cheats’ and a focused main story navigation system - players will never get lost and can tailor the game to their level of play.
- Super Mega Team: The Knight Witch is brought to you by a veteran team of developers behind titles such as RiME, Moonlighter, and Plants VS Zombies.